Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdancehawk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Kansas City, Missouri
Clearly this bill didn't have e-cigs in mind. It was directly tied to first generation tobacco products the
most important of those being the cigarette. Just saying it is a tobacco product doesn't make it a
tobacco product. Even though the judge indicated the FDA could pursue e-cigs as a tobacco product
does this mean they are according to law? My impression of the ruling was it was more of a guidance
telling the FDA they could pursue different strategies not a out right branding of e-cigs as tobacco.
Does the court have that authority?
Regards
mike
Again, the statute states that "tobacco product" includes anything derived from the tobacco plant. Don't blame the court; blame Congress for overlooking the unintended consequences of its actions.

curiousJan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2009
Central IL
So... are patches and gum considered "tobacco products"????

I THINK NOT!!!!

Andria

No, those are regulated as drugs. I know I'm not the only one that is glad Judge Leon didn't allow the FDA to treat vaping as a drug delivery system ... they'd have been removed from the market 5 years ago.

What I'd like to see is some recognition for modified-risk products, which in my opinion is what ecigs are.

Last edited:

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
Its there then. That's what I needed to know. Now my fuddled mind is more confused. So we are after
all tobacco product users. Talk about mega-marginalization. I wish they would explain to me how and
why I am a stakeholder in all of this. Am I a stakeholder?
:2c:
Regards
Mike

Naw, it's like you say, we're the steak.

We're not tobacco users yet, it has to be deemed that way first. Thus a gray area. I'm thinking from regulation perspective, users are an afterthought. I think they think control supply and impact on users will automatically be effected. Yet, kids provide very clear, and present example that forbidden users and/or forbidden products will be found by the demand segment. Seriously, without a demand, there would be zero need for supply. And the chances of thetr being zero products in existence going forward are 0.0. And only a slightly better chance that all currently available products will be available legally.

I honestly see no possible way they (regulators) could get rid of any eLiquid, even while regulations may specifically address/reject a whole bunch of them.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
No, those are regulated as drugs. I know I'm not the only one that is glad Judge Leon didn't allow the FDA to treat vaping as a drug delivery system ... they'd have been removed from the market 5 years ago.

What I'd like to see is some recognition for modified-risk products, which in my opinion is what ecigs are.

What I'd like to see is every single person in WashDC stricken with that "honesty" spell that hit Jim Carrey in "Liar Liar". Along with every single person who makes up "Tobacco Con Troll".

Andria

Steamix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Vapistan
That's the idiocy of it :

Vaping can't say , yet it does ( get folks off cigs - though it might just be shift from a definitely harmful practice (smoking) to a definetely less harmful practice (vaping))

Gums, patches, etc. say, yet they don't ( get folks off cigs )

FDA should leave vaping alone and deregulate all these gums n patches. After all, according to credible studies, they fail nine times out of ten.
Where do they take the chuzpah from to allow basically inefficient garbage like that on the market?!

If I rode my car ten times and it'd end up on the hook of a salvage tow truck nine times, the manufacturer/seller would be in very deep manure by now.

Would spare them the aches of mucking around with grandfathers or dating grandfathers or grandfather dates or whatever.

After the 'speak-easy' we'll soon have the 'vape-easy'.

Prohibition didn't work back then. De-facto prohibition isn't gonna work now either.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Albert Einstein

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread