Anyone switch from drippers to tanks? Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

briandress

ECF Veteran
Once the majority of the tank leaked out was able to vape a bit on the prejuiced wicks. Not sure what the coils from the factory are wrapped to but the rta hits awesome. Way more throat hit than my derringer and I can really easily adjust the airflow. Wide open it is way more airflow than I am used to. Wide open it hits hard! Flavor is fantastic! I am thinking maybe my wicks are too big. wish there was a way to see inside there to see what the issue is.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
just got my Bellus tonight. Was out of town and came home to it. So excited...actually used the coils they sent in the package. got it all set up and wicked, juiced up my wick before sending it in there. Probably wicked really poorly because when I filled it up it drained right out of the airflow holes. soooo disappointed. Any advice?

So the Bellus peed on you too eh.

I vaped itvfir two or three hours then out the airflow it came.

It REALLY needs a vacuum. Make sure the top fill is real tight. Finger tight allows air in and the juice pours out.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Once the majority of the tank leaked out was able to vape a bit on the prejuiced wicks. Not sure what the coils from the factory are wrapped to but the RTA hits awesome. Way more throat hit than my derringer and I can really easily adjust the airflow. Wide open it is way more airflow than I am used to. Wide open it hits hard! Flavor is fantastic! I am thinking maybe my wicks are too big. wish there was a way to see inside there to see what the issue is.

As far as I am concerned the Goblin Mini and Silverplay Nano blows the doors off the Bellus for flavor.

I have vaped all three RTAs and found the Bellus flavor muted.

xpen

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2012
Italy
Been using this SXK tank for a couple weeks now, just one word: excellent!
So good I've ordered another one, together with a couple spare glass tanks (which just popped up on FT, by the way)
Thanks for the hint, @ccwaters :)

If native single coil, with decent Airflow (no AFC unfortunately) is your thing Give the SXK Wine a shot. Excellent fit/finish,decent airflow, bottom fill taifun style, STM like deck, even though it has no post holes it builds pretty easy, 26g is trapped just by sliding it in. Don't mind the lack of airflow adjustment, but if that were an issue a silicon band would do well.

As far as I know it is an SXK original, price is right, under $12.00 from Fasttech.

ocJeEmb.jpg

czBzthg.jpg

flCJNCK.jpg

qpO3JxK.jpg

Reactions: ccwaters

xpen

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2012
Italy
Still using the SXK wine every day, and it's really a nice, hassle-free tank.
No leaks whatsoever, easy to build and to refill, easy to maintain without having to dump the tank contents.
In the meantime I've also received and tested a bellus and a goblin mini.
The bellus is a pain in the ***, it leaks some out of the airholes irrespective of the (many) builds I've tried..
The goblin mini is very good, a bit small to rebuild but no leaks and good flavor/vapor, even in single coil configuration.
Two good tanks out of three ain't bad, all in all, tanks have definitely improved in the 3+ years I've been using only drippers..

Last edited:
Reactions: ccwaters

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Still using the SXK every day, and it's really a nice, hassle-free tank.
No leaks whatsoever, easy to build and to refill, easy to maintain without having to dump the tank contents.
In the meantime I've also received and tested a bellus and a goblin mini.
The bellus is a pain in the ***, it leaks some out of the airholes irrespective of the (many) builds I've tried..
The goblin mini is very good, a bit small to rebuild but no leaks and good flavor/vapor, even in single coil configuration.
Two good tanks out of three ain't bad, all in all, tanks have definitely improved in the 3+ years I've been using only drippers..
The Bellus really was a disappointment.

Never used an SXK wine.

LOVE the Goblin Mini.

You should consider a Silverplay Nano. Holds 3.5 ml. The Bell cap instead of the glass tank is magic.

Flavor just as good as the GMini. If you screw the chimney tightly into the Bell cap you can pull the build without dumping the juice, and fill from the bottom without a tool.

Uses standard drip tips.

If the flat silicone gasket in the base fets chewed up and starts leaking throw it out and put an O ring from a Kayfun or Orchid base in the groove put the Bell cap on and no more leaks. Yes they are the same size.

I even rock the Silverplay Nano with a single coil. Put 1 drop if juice in the unused juice wells and tamp cotton very tightly in the unused juice wells, and the juice will cause the cotton to stick until you can get the base screwed on.

The Silverplay Nano with Bell cap has become my favorite tank even above the GMini.

Reactions: xpen
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread