Not open for further replies.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Nicotine and flavors / eliquids may not have the 2 year review.

I've decided to wait for the official version of the deeming reg. I'm tired of speculations... It will be what it will be. If it's too draconian and overreaching, it will be certainly challenged in court. Just like before.

I've been advised to stockpile ever since I found vaping in December 2009. :facepalm:

I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
I've decided to wait for the official version of the deeming reg. I'm tired of speculations... It will be what it will be. If it's too draconian and overreaching, it will be certainly challenged in court. Just like before.

I've been advised to stockpile ever since I found vaping in December 2009. :facepalm:

I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

The handwriting is a bit more directly on the wall. Reading the questions from the FDA for this last round of comments, they are biased towards making liquid nic and flavors falling under medicine. They want comments as to why it shouldn't be a medicine.

The situation now isn't like it was in that the FDA now has deeming over ecigs. That ship has sailed without intervention from Congress. The main hope is to stall the grandfather date and that's in the budget but we'll still be regressed several years with equipment. What the FDA wants to do is an end run around that by declaring nic to be a medicine and they can, just like with any prescription drug. They've taken stuff off the shelf before and no one has stopped them.

please add your comments to the FDA docket.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
True, but the OMB/OIRA may just reject the whole kitandkaboodle as unworkable. I sure hope that they do. And if they do, the whole bloody mess is over.

This is not regulation--it's annihilation of vaping. And a legislative abomination. :facepalm:

Whatever.

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
True, but the OMB/OIRA may just reject the whole kitandkaboodle as unworkable. I sure hope that they do. And if they do, the whole bloody mess is over.

This is not regulation--it's annihilation of vaping. And a legislative abomination. :facepalm:

Whatever.

I agree. They were eeriely compliant previously though.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
That 2 yr is based on approval. If an application is denied before then, the product needs to be removed immediatley. Chances are some won't attempt an application and close up instead

That's how I read it. In order to get the 2 years 'on the market' an application for the product must be submitted, otherwise the product 'can't stay on the market'. Kanger and Joyetech, et al will still be produced for elsewhere but not here. And the 'BT faction' thinks that the Vuse and MarkTen (a few others) may be the only ones where an application may be submitted.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
I ran over to 3Fvape and grabbed a bunch of nautilus coils for $7/pk.

7? I see them at 9.98.

Authentic Aspire Nautilus Mini BVC Clearomizer Replacement Coil Head - 1.8 ohm, (5 PCS) - 3FVape

:( :( :(

I'm not going to stop vaping, no matter what they do. Screw them.

Yes! That's my 'tude as well! With a huge
upload_2015-12-1_0-30-50.jpeg

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
That's how I read it. In order to get the 2 years 'on the market' an application for the product must be submitted, otherwise the product 'can't stay on the market'. Kanger and Joyetech, et al will still be produced for elsewhere but not here. And the 'BT faction' thinks that the Vuse and MarkTen (a few others) may be the only ones where an application may be submitted.

Kent, do you know the timeframe for submitting applications (from the date the deeming reg becomes law)? Other than the 24 months?

Last edited:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I was under the impression of a 2 year window, too, Katya.

This is soooo confusing. There was an article in OC Register some time ago and it quoted a nice FDA spokesman who said the following:

“Under the proposed rule, all newly deemed tobacco products would require market authorization” from the agency, Felberbaum noted. He added that the FDA is sympathetic to the concerns of small businesses and is proposing to stagger the compliance dates."

Whatever that means. But they are sympathetic. :)

The vape debate: Is it good or bad for Orange County to be the 'Silicon Valley' of vaping?

Last edited:
Reactions: Oregon Linda

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
They will have to define their meaning of "sympathy".

sym·pa·thy
ˈsimpəTHē/
noun
noun: sympathy
feelings of pity and sorrow for someone else's misfortune.

:lol:

But seriously, per FDA, a single application will require ~5,000 man/hours to prepare and cost up to 60 million dollars. They have to allow small businesses at least two years to prepare such an application, don't they? :shock:

Reactions: Oregon Linda

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Kent, do you know the timeframe for submitting applications (from the date the deeming reg becomes law)?

http://www.fda.gov/downloads/TobaccoProducts/Labeling/RulesRegulationsGuidance/UCM273425.pdf

"Section 904(c)(1) of the FD&C Act (21 U.S.C. 387d(c)(1)) requires that no later than 90 days prior to introducing a new brand or subbrand into the market, "the manufacturer of such product shall provide [to FDA] the information required under subsection [904](a)." "

And that is just 90 days prior to introducing a new product.... I'm not sure if there is a time frame after final rule. I doubt it. Since they'd take the money for new product applications at any time, I would think. Just like they do now for actual tobacco :facepalm: products.

Just one line from the Guidance doc (the real one, not TVwhatever) and it's complicated. It seems to me I saw something on CASAA, that the time period would be extended but not looking for that now :- )

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Another thing I've considered is that there is nothing in HR 2058 that says it doesn't apply after the final rule. So that's something. I know there are efforts from various groups to get a Senate bill posted with the same wording - that would help.

ian91

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Westbank, BC Canada
I tried one at a local vape shop and the draw was very tight. A deal breaker for me. :(
If you want a Kayfun, try the Kayfun Monster. It has really good airflow. I use the V2 and you can still MTL with it. They have a new V3 that I have not tried but it may not be good for MTL. FT has a whole slew of them now.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
I'm not going to stop vaping, no matter what they do. Screw them.

Same here. No matter WHAT they do, it will not cause my RDAs/RTAs to dematerialize. Nor the nicotine in my freezer.

Andria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread