your opinion on saftey of vapeing. please post

Status
Not open for further replies.

call me Fresh

Nov 20, 2015
Im not sure how to word this but here goes. So i have read alot of articles on ecf and reddit and internet articles on Possible Health issues related to vapeing. Such as wether or not diacetyl and diketones are safe for inhilation. Also wether or not pg and vg is safe for inhilation. And if our bodys being deyhdrated on a daily basis from regular vapeing has any sort of negative effects. And i know we all have to make our own decisions based on the Little amount of studies and research that has been done on these chemicals as well as our own personal thoughts of our health since quiting smoking and switching to vapeing. I wonder though, all of the posts i have seen, and studies i have read, and arguments involving these topics i have read are all really old. A few years old infact. Is their some updated info that i am missing ? Or did everybody just kind of forget about it ? And dosent this regulation that the FDA is proposing going to help us in knowing what is safe to inhale long term ? I know the Tabacco companies are loseing money and the government is loseing money because the majority of the cost of a pack of smokes is pure tax. So the gov. Will eventually step in like the Mafia to collect tax on our ejuice. But isnt the FDA testing ejuice what weve been waiting for? Please post your thoughts on the matter. Im a lil confused.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Afaik, the FDA isn't testing anything. Their deeming, as it stands now, will eliminate anything not on the market before 2007 - i.e. pretty much everything other than cig-a-likes - and also eliminate "open container" toppers, allowing only pre-filled. At which time we'll be forced to get our vapes from BT. And, of course, they'll tell us honestly what in it....

Child proof caps and lists of ingredients are reasonable - but the industry is already doing that.

CASAA is a good source for honest info.

Jury is still out on diacetals and diketones. (Some vendors already list "free of" on their flavors. Either due to popular demand or an abundance of caution.)

PG used to be used in hospital ventilation systems as a mild anti-bacterial. VG is still used in concert and stage fog machines.

Possible dehydration is easy to deal with, and most of us should probably be drinking more water anyway.

Other "bad" things seem to only appear when you're burning your wick and juice, and, since that's such a terrible taste and hit, you don't do that much!

Latest info is still that vaping is at least 95% LESS harmful than smoking. Is it "safe"? Maybe, maybe not. But I'll take 95% reduction in harm any day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread