Tootle Puffers, Redux (The Sequel)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LJFinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2014
SW Florida
How is it any better than an 1100 mAh Ego with a protank?

Not sure really. Just thought it was a nice little tootle device with some updated stuff.
I always say what ever works to keep us from smoking is fine with me!:D

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Not sure really. Just thought it was a nice little tootle device with some updated stuff.
I always say what ever works to keep us from smoking is fine with me!:D
Of course it is better is say subohm on it?

Ohh no it does not do subohm. but it does 14 watts, not sure if a spinner does 14 watts or not.
Most spinner starter kits do not do 14 watts, seem to be more like 8?
At least the tanks that most use on spinners.

cocacola31173

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2012
United States
For all the Kayfun lovers...Fluid Vapes have the Ehpro Kayfun lite plus for 6.99! Shipping is a bit high if you buy a lot though. I got 6 of them but it still averaged 8 bucks apiece with 2 day shipping. I have been using these for the past 2 years and they hold up really well. These go in my drawer stash. These are all I use so I may get me some more.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Why would you buy 100 mg nic base in liters?
It might be cheapest, but the issue with it is, that once you open the cap and the nic gets mixed with air it starts to go bad, the more often you open it the worse it gets.
The best, but not the cheapest, option would be to be the nicotine in size & strength that you can use in a single go.
If I'm wrong here, please correct, but I was in the assumption, that the worst things for the nicotine are oxygen and direct sunlight, EVEN freezer doesn't stop the process once nicotine is mixed with oxygen since nic doesn't freeze.

Correct, it doesn't freeze, just gets really thick and slows oxidation. And also correct, elevated temp isn't good either.

I store FULL 1L bottles, well sealed and then in two zip lock bags. No "fresh" air, no continual re-supply of O2. And, of course, once that's "used up" further oxidation stops. If you happen to have a vacuum bag type food sealer, that's even better.

If for use, that 1L jug gets transferred to smaller bottles, which are then sealed and stored in the same way, other than the one I'm using. So the "fresh" ones don't get reopened until I'm ready to start using them.

Reports around here are that the degradation is barely measurable after 5 years.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 24, 2014
    LawrencevilleGA
    angryvaper.crypticsites.com
    I luv the way he implies that MTL is a beginner vaping style. (No need for us to spill the beans)

Seems to me that the only thing "beginner" about it is that the mod part is unregulated, no way to adjust the power. And maybe the coil, if it's a top coil (isn't the 30s a top coil thing?). Never could stand top coils, personally; just too hot.

Andria

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 24, 2014
    LawrencevilleGA
    angryvaper.crypticsites.com
    It might be cheapest, but the issue with it is, that once you open the cap and the nic gets mixed with air it starts to go bad, the more often you open it the worse it gets.
    The best, but not the cheapest, option would be to be the nicotine in size & strength that you can use in a single go.
    If I'm wrong here, please correct, but I was in the assumption, that the worst things for the nicotine are oxygen and direct sunlight, EVEN freezer doesn't stop the process once nicotine is mixed with oxygen since nic doesn't freeze.

Totally wrong. It's shipped in plastic bottles -- you don't want to store it in plastic, but in dark glass, so the size of what you buy is irrelevant. It's also dumb to buy the strength you vape, since you have to add flavors anyway; if you buy low strength, you're paying top dollar for someone else's PG/VG. The BEST way to buy it is 100mg; the size of the bottle should only be dicated by 1) your budget, and 2) how many glass bottles you have in which to pour it -- I freezer-store mine in 30ml brown glass bottles, for the reason you stated -- so that once a bottle is opened, it doesn't take me long to use it up; once it's been opened and I'm using out of it, I store it in the fridge.

Andria

fourthrok

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 12, 2012
    Watertown, NY
    I generally get 60% nic..in PG, because that is what I prefer..in bottles 250ml. or 125ml. When I get the bottle I leave it in the sealed packaging with the bubble wrap, just as MFS sends it and put it in the freezer. That way I only take out a bottle as needed to keep in the 'fridge for mixing. Why 60%? ? It's just what I've always done since 2012 when I started DIY. Someone suggested it to me as being a bit "safer" for handling...and since I have arthritis and wobbly hands, seemed like a good idea. I'm used to it now, and only use 2.25ml. per 60ml. bottle of mixed juice so it lasts a loooooooong time, for me! I'm good with it.

chopdoc

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 30, 2014
    Independence, Louisiana, United States

To answer that question would be best to check out the DIY part of ECF where this has been discussed in great depth. Nicotine will not freeze but it will preserve when place in a freezer and some ECF members have 100 mg nicotine that has been in a freezer for seven years or more and is just fine. No loss of strength and no decaying or oxidizing. I myself have 2 1/2 liters of 100 mg nicotine.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread