A thread for any tank taking nautilus / triton mini coils - kabuki silo nautilus etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just ordered 2 packs of new Triton mini coils for my Nautili - both 1.2ohm kanthal coils and the 1.8ohm clapton lovelies. Will certainly share my experience with those as soon as they arrive...can't wait!

Do you guys happen to know which reasonably priced 4-5 ml tanks are compatible with the Nauti coils...apart from:
- Peakomizer 2.0 mega (I have v1.0 which uses old aspire bvc coils and it is a pain..leaks, gurgles, too many parts, seals etc; version 2.0 looks something awful - I am not picky but there is a limit to what I dare put on my mod, gotta mantain at least some kind of image :)
- Silo tank .... not available in local shops where I live and shipping costs from abroad are not acceptable (if international shipping is available at all where the tank seems to be in stock).
- Kabuki - too small in terms of volume of liquid it holds...especially for the price.
- Stratos - its coil looks pretty similar to Nautilus, does any1 know if it is compatible? I can't find any reliable info...the capacity is just 3.5ml but I could live with that I guess.

Thanks for any tips.

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
I can't think of any others except the triton mini. Hats not for sale separately yet. The kabuki is a simple tank but has flaws - volume is definitely one. The 510 Allen is annoying too imo. It started off so well then I hit cool after coil that rated bad.

Where did you get he could. I've all but given up on the kabuki. The nautilus coils - I just can't get rid of the base taste that never goes away. Out of 6 coils I had maybe two that finally broke in and didn't taste bad for days even at low power :/

I'm anxious to get the triton mini coils to try.

The ego mega tank with clr coils to me tastes better than the kabuki. Not with the CL DISPOSABLE HEADS though the rebuilds led are the same price and you could just chuck them they're old horizontal. Anyway I bring it up as a quick comparison in case you end up liking for something else.

I'm holding out hope still though!

Yeah I forgot to list the Triton mini but for me it is just too small with its 2ml of juice. And the big Triton v1 seems to have serious flaw with that top filling of theirs as it reportedly leaks so unless I hear otherwise, I stay away from Tritons for the time being. Got no problems whatsoever with Nauti coils, they are ideal for my style of all day chainvaping :)

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Yeah I forgot to list the Triton mini but for me it is just too small with its 2ml of juice. And the big Triton v1 seems to have serious flaw with that top filling of theirs as it reportedly leaks so unless I hear otherwise, I stay away from Tritons for the time being. Got no problems whatsoever with Nauti coils, they are ideal for my style of all day chainvaping :)
I like the nautilus mini's 2ml is ok though three would be better. I don't need the larger tanks I only use around 3 ml a day using two or three mini's

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
Almost all my tanks are pretty low capacity. Mainly I use a pair of mark bugs GEM tanks. I went back down this road because I can't make coils right now. I have to use replaceable ones so I'm still trying to find out for mouth to lung and heavy vaping what the best way to go is :)

When I go out I typically take a ego one. I can't stand having huge mods taking up pocket space the kabuki fits ok on a lpg but there needs to be a 1.0-2 coil to really work well
On a mech for my style. I had a d2 go bad and bought the evic mini to replace it. Got the tank for free but I'd already been rebuilding the clr heads. Unfortunately finding the nickel clr is getting tougher - hopefully the tc triton coils are better than the terrible (one)vapor shark nautilus ones

Reactions: David Wolf

dsheik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2014
overland park, KS
Nice thread h00ligan.

You need to take Zen up on his offer asap. I think you got a lemon.

Ive never adjusted my 510 pin, ever. It makes contact with every device Ive put it on. I didnt even know it was adjustable.

I rarely adjust my airflow, but if I do I use something like $12.21 JACKLY 45-in-1 Handy Precision Maintenance Tool Screwdrivers Set at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
manufacturer provided allen wrenches, screwdrivers, etc always suck.

Ive never had it gurgle or leak and the flavor seems to be better for me than it is for you.
I have some small chamber RDAs (cyclone, smok dripper) that beat the Kabuki for flavor but the Kabuki beats everything else or is equal (only RDAs ). I use rayon for wicking in my rebuildables so I feel im getting pretty good flavor out of them. Mine has worked so well Im considering getting another Kabuki soon.

Ive ordered the new Triton mini coils to try also. The BVC nautilus coils have worked good as have the ones ive rebuilt Rip Trippers way.

Reactions: David Wolf

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
Nice thread h00ligan.

You need to take Zen up on his offer asap. I think you got a lemon.

Ive never adjusted my 510 pin, ever. It makes contact with every device Ive put it on. I didnt even know it was adjustable.

I rarely adjust my airflow, but if I do I use something like $12.21 JACKLY 45-in-1 Handy Precision Maintenance Tool Screwdrivers Set at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
manufacturer provided allen wrenches, screwdrivers, etc always suck.

Ive never had it gurgle or leak and the flavor seems to be better for me than it is for you.
I have some small chamber RDAs (cyclone, smok dripper) that beat the Kabuki for flavor but the Kabuki beats everything else or is equal (only RDAs ). I use rayon for wicking in my rebuildables so I feel im getting pretty good flavor out of them. Mine has worked so well Im considering getting another Kabuki soon.

Ive ordered the new Triton mini coils to try also. The BVC nautilus coils have worked good as have the ones ive rebuilt Rip Trippers way.

Heya

Thanks so much for the reply. That tool looks handy. I use a kbag / grid it for holding stuff and keep the star screwdriver handy. Ok surprised how much im changing the airflow based on juice. the I'm going to have to look up the rip tripper rebuild when I'm recovered a bit more thanks. I'll talk to zen about it as it's becoming more and more of an issue. It went from sort of unscrewing to almost fully unscrewing when detaching from the mod. Every time. Previously it was annoying but now I'm worried I'll lose it. He offered to change the 510 base for p3 but I think I'll ask for a replacement of the 510 as I use many many 510 based mods. I don't think he will have an issue with that swap instead of p3 change. Like with the below. I just can't get to the post office right now. I'm only barely up and walking around the house. So I hit a holding pattern on all this stuff frustratingly.

Where are you all ordering the triton mini coils from? I've checked the usual places and don't see them available anywhere yet.

Oh on the coil thing. Yah I don't know what it is. Seems like three of the five pack were way better than the last two. I've tried a few juices but non of my adv are right in there. I'm trying another one of the temp coils but those seem terrible. Vapor shark is swapping them back to bvc coils for me. I just can't get the last two coils from the bvc 5 pack to "break in" like the first two. Ice also tried diluting with distilled water but no luck. Even if I loosen to force a flood on the coils they still mar it with the "bvc flavor"I've even been trying very low power from the start. I also still need to exchange the reusable coil but again I can't.

I know it's going to be minimum of ten days more before I should be in a position to coil and I really should have bought more coils and planned better. I will for he next surgery in December. I wanted to wait for the new coils but I may not be able to anymore. Hopefully the returns / exchanges j setup won't be invalid by the time I can get to the post office.

Looking forward to reading the updates on the new coils. Please post asap!! :)

Thanks all!

Last edited:
Reactions: dsheik

dsheik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2014
overland park, KS
Heya

Thanks so much for the reply. That tool looks handy. I use a kbag / grid it for holding stuff and keep the star screwdriver handy. Ok surprised how much im changing the airflow based on juice. the I'm going to have to look up the rip tripper rebuild when I'm recovered a bit more thanks. I'll talk to zen about it as it's becoming more and more of an issue. It went from sort of unscrewing to almost fully unscrewing when detaching from the mod. Every time. Previously it was annoying but now I'm worried I'll lose it. He offered to change the 510 base for p3 but I think I'll ask for a replacement of the 510 as I use many many 510 based mods. I don't think he will have an issue with that swap instead of p3 change. Like with the below. I just can't get to the post office right now. I'm only barely up and walking around the house. So I hit a holding pattern on all this stuff frustratingly.

Where are you all ordering the triton mini coils from? I've checked the usual places and don't see them available anywhere yet.

Oh on the coil thing. Yah I don't know what it is. Seems like three of the five pack were way better than the last two. I've tried a few juices but non of my adv are right in there. I'm trying another one of the temp coils but those seem terrible. Vapor shark is swapping them back to bvc coils for me. I just can't get the last two coils from the bvc 5 pack to "break in" like the first two. Ice also tried diluting with distilled water but no luck. Even if I loosen to force a flood on the coils they still mar it with the "bvc flavor"I've even been trying very low power from the start. I also still need to exchange the reusable coil but again I can't.

I know it's going to be minimum of ten days more before I should be in a position to coil and I really should have bought more coils and planned better. I will for he next surgery in December. I wanted to wait for the new coils but I may not be able to anymore. Hopefully the returns / exchanges j setup won't be invalid by the time I can get to the post office.

Looking forward to reading the updates on the new coils. Please post asap!! :)

Thanks all!

Yeah something is wrong with your Kabuki 510 base. I haven't experienced anything like that. Just looking at it from the bottom the connector screw is barely past the insulator, just enough to make solid contact. Thats how it came and its never moved on me.

I ordered the 1.8 ohm clapton coils from Authentic Aspire Triton Mini Replacement Clapton Coil 1.8ohm Coil Head (5PCS/Pack)

I dunno on the nautilus bvc coil issues. Maybe Ive just been lucky. I order mine from https://www.worldofvape.com/aspire-nautilus-bvc-coils-pack-of-5/
So far so good. 1.8 ohm 10-13w, 50/50 and 70/30 PG/VG NETs like Black Note and Heathers Heavenly Vapes is all Ive used for a while now. The bvc's have been working great in the Kabuki with them, but they are clean NETs not coil cloggers like others.

Hope you get back on your feet soon.

Mommay

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2014
Arkansas
I've not had any issues with the 510 connection on my Kabuki. I've never had to adjust it and it's been on several different mods. I love the 'Buki's small form and the capacity is not an issue for me. I may be in the minority, but I actually like the air control adjustment with the allen wrench. I used to inadvertently turn the air control ring on other tanks. Since I got the 'Buki fine tuned, I haven't had to tinker with the airflow or worry with it changing. It is pricey, but is extremely well crafted, has a lifetime warranty and I think the flavor is superior to anything else that takes a factory coil.

However, I HAVE had issues with the quality of coils. I use 50/50 juice most of the time and have had problems with flooding - I'm certain it's the coils, because I can replace it and all is OK. Out of the last 4 boxes (20 coils), at least 2 coils per box have had issues. The same thing has happened with the Aspire BVC (non Nauti) coils.

There is a new RBA for the Nautilus. I'm anxious to see a couple of reviews on it. I have saved all of my old Nautilus coils, thinking that I would get around to rebuilding them someday..... but a screw-off chimney would make that T.I.N.Y. job easier.

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
I've not had any issues with the 510 connection on my Kabuki. I've never had to adjust it and it's been on several different mods. I love the 'Buki's small form and the capacity is not an issue for me. I may be in the minority, but I actually like the air control adjustment with the allen wrench. I used to inadvertently turn the air control ring on other tanks. Since I got the 'Buki fine tuned, I haven't had to tinker with the airflow or worry with it changing. It is pricey, but is extremely well crafted, has a lifetime warranty and I think the flavor is superior to anything else that takes a factory coil.

However, I HAVE had issues with the quality of coils. I use 50/50 juice most of the time and have had problems with flooding - I'm certain it's the coils, because I can replace it and all is OK. Out of the last 4 boxes (20 coils), at least 2 coils per box have had issues. The same thing has happened with the Aspire BVC (non Nauti) coils.

There is a new RBA for the Nautilus. I'm anxious to see a couple of reviews on it. I have saved all of my old Nautilus coils, thinking that I would get around to rebuilding them someday..... but a screw-off chimney would make that T.I.N.Y. job easier.
New Eva for the nautilus ? Seriously ? Have a link? Is it for the triton mini but works in nautilus devices or was it made for the nautilus?

Few I removed he bottom of the reusable coil (I don't know why I can never remember the name of that one) and was able to fix it. But it's not very good for flavor or vapor. So far. It's silica so it may take a bit to sort out. But I so far don't think it's worth $10 a coil. I vape r ally thick juice and I'm trying to dilute it but it could be the issue. I'm having weird post op problems and I have to use as little nicotine as possible so unfortunately I can't really pick and choose the thickness of my juice right now. In a few days hopefully I'll be feeling better and then resume regular vaping.

I really didn't think it would be bad enough to stop making coils. This was a sort of fail safe. I'm really glad I planned for the worst or if be outside smoking. I definitely can't make coils right now. So I have to order SOMETHING available now. I think I'm going to clean a pack of clr coils but I also want to get the triton mini or something else for the kabuki. Maybe I'll ask a friend to pop into a vape shop and buy 1 or two coils rather than a 5 pack. Except local shops are ridiculous. T would probably be the same price as buying 5 online. :/

I'll send zen a message through here or via their website about swapping. Doesn't do me much good to don't right now as I'm sure I need to get the old base back in before they'll replace it naturally. And right now sort of working is better than not having one for ten days or so while it's being swapped. It was just bad timing on the issue popping up. I don't doubt that he will take care of it.

Last edited:

hobbes4

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2009
If you guys are talking about the RBA section that is listed on Ebay and mentioned in the Kabuki thread it DOES NOT work with Kabuki. Some have already received it and the 510 pole/pin or whatever is too long. Someone even tried it with the P3 base but then the chimney wouldn't screw all the way into the Kabuki top cap, it only went far enough so the glass covers one of the two o-rings. You could find a longer glass tube to make it work but that's a lot of effort for something you don't even know if it will work right.

dsheik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2014
overland park, KS
I bought the nautilus RBA about a week ago on ebay. From what I can tell it WILL be officially released by the maker at a later date. I think they are doing a test run on ebay.
VVTF NAUTILUS RBA DECK REBUILDABLE COIL HEAD KIT FOR NAUTILUS & MINI

Im sure I will be able to make it work well after finding whatever quirks it has, if any. Just having the space it will provide will make it easily doable compared to rebuilding the nautilus bvc. Rebuilding the regular Nautilus coils is a little tedious compared to building coils on actual rebuildables, but it does work and when you get it right the vaping is just as good as with a new nautilus BVC.

Of course it ships from China, and it has shipped, so I should have it by Christmas. lol

hobbes4

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2009
I bought the nautilus RBA about a week ago on ebay. From what I can tell it WILL be officially released by the maker at a later date. I think they are doing a test run on ebay.
VVTF NAUTILUS RBA DECK REBUILDABLE COIL HEAD KIT FOR NAUTILUS & MINI

Im sure I will be able to make it work well after finding whatever quirks it has, if any. Just having the space it will provide will make it easily doable compared to rebuilding the nautilus bvc. Rebuilding the regular Nautilus coils is a little tedious compared to building coils on actual rebuildables, but it does work and when you get it right the vaping is just as good as with a new nautilus BVC.

Of course it ships from China, and it has shipped, so I should have it by Christmas. lol

It does look good and i hope it works well in the Nautilus/Nautilus mini. I just wanted to make sure people here knew it won't work with the Kabuki.

Please report back how it works in the nautilus once you receive it.

thetrucker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2014
Syracuse,NY
This is what I did in the early days to rebuild my Nautilus------drilled out nautilus head and removed everything---and plugged two opposing juice holes

with tooth picks and then cut off the protruding wood and put jewlers screwdriver thru holes to hold my newly made coil and put connector back in the end

and it worked pretty good.horizontal single coil---.beer helps hahahah...
drilledOutHed.jpg

Last edited:

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
It does look good and i hope it works well in the Nautilus/Nautilus mini. I just wanted to make sure people here knew it won't work with the Kabuki.

Please report back how it works in the nautilus once you receive it.
Not enough space?

I bought he kabuki specifically not to rebuild however when I was all healed up it would have been nice to have the option. So a but if a bummer. Looks too wide in diameter.

I don't really care hat much because that's effectively just like the ego one clr heads. I just wish I had better luck with the nautilus coils. I have a feeling the triton mini coils may not be great for mouth to lung but I'm still hopeful.

I'm here laid up and I still can't get a decent vape out of the nautilus coils. It's frustrating. If I don't order something today there's no point as it would take to long to get here. So I guess either use the vapor shark as regular coils or order a pack of bvc and hope they are better. Right now the emow from Kanger is giving me a much better vape than the kabuki with nautilus bvc coils. Much better flavor and vapor. Stupid aspire quality control!

Point is five of those are $8.50 and it's consistent. Pack of nautilus coils is $12-14 and half of them may not work properly. Makes buying more a difficult decision

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
I contacted zen at house of hybrids through the forums about returning and as expected the support was great He very kindly worked out a way to swap out he bases that saves me from having to drive to the post office while recovering / going into surgery number two. I'll check back in with the new base when received.

Last edited:

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
Yeah something is wrong with your Kabuki 510 base. I haven't experienced anything like that. Just looking at it from the bottom the connector screw is barely past the insulator, just enough to make solid contact. Thats how it came and its never moved on me.

I ordered the 1.8 ohm clapton coils from Authentic Aspire Triton Mini Replacement Clapton Coil 1.8ohm Coil Head (5PCS/Pack)

I dunno on the nautilus bvc coil issues. Maybe Ive just been lucky. I order mine from https://www.worldofvape.com/aspire-nautilus-bvc-coils-pack-of-5/
So far so good. 1.8 ohm 10-13w, 50/50 and 70/30 PG/VG NETs like Black Note and Heathers Heavenly Vapes is all Ive used for a while now. The bvc's have been working great in the Kabuki with them, but they are clean NETs not coil cloggers like others.

Hope you get back on your feet soon.
Angelcigs shows they're in the has warehouse but heir site is givi me crazy problems and I feel like they'd still take ages to get here. Did you receive yours yet? I haven't bought from them before. A bit tentative to buy 15 coils for $45 from a place that may ship from China and take 6 weeks to get here.

Thoughts? Cheers!

Edit
----

Never mind. It's PayPal checkout so I ordered all three kinds. Says 4 days to receipt. We shall see!

I think the 1.2 and temp
Coils will be pretty good. The clap tons despite being 1.8 ohms may be a bit too open and intended for mouth to lung.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread