Changing flavours

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacob bonilla

Sep 4, 2015
adding it to the tank straight is doable however you will be mixing flavors at that point so unless you don't mind mixing flavors even the slightest I wouldn't suggest it. I also suggest changing coils if your keen on single flavored juices am assuming you have a tank that uses pre made coils and not an rda/rta type atomizer.

other then that just got for it I always do this on my rda/rta it doesn't bother me imo the flavor changes very quickly after it gets vaped for a while with the new juice and then you don't notice the mixture. if I change flavors often though then it just gets ruined the flavor is so horrible after going through various different flavors. this is one reason why I suggest an rta/rda just take it apart wash it and dry and rewick. very simple process.

Reactions: Roxyco

Roxyco

Nov 29, 2015
howdy! and welcome!

a trick i have found to be useful when switching flavors when i don't have the time (or the inclination, lol) to clean the tank is to run a tank of unflavored through... since i tend to vape 70% vg juice, and mix my unflavored at that same ratio, the sweetness of the vg alone is actually a very decent vape and it helps kind of 'flush' the tank... also good for when i get a case of 'vape tongue' going on (taste buds overloaded - vape starts to taste flavorless or very muted)
Thanks for this! This is my problem... Although I enjoy the flavour for a little while, it gets far too sickly/sweet and gives a slight headrush and nausea. I just found out that there is the option to use an unflavoured liquid which sounds perfect. If I want to add a little flavour to the unflavoured, can I simply mix them together? Or is there something more complex than just mixing liquids together? THANKS! :blush:

Roxyco

Nov 29, 2015
adding it to the tank straight is doable however you will be mixing flavors at that point so unless you don't mind mixing flavors even the slightest I wouldn't suggest it. I also suggest changing coils if your keen on single flavored juices am assuming you have a tank that uses pre made coils and not an rda/rta type atomizer.

other then that just got for it I always do this on my rda/rta it doesn't bother me imo the flavor changes very quickly after it gets vaped for a while with the new juice and then you don't notice the mixture. if I change flavors often though then it just gets ruined the flavor is so horrible after going through various different flavors. this is one reason why I suggest an rta/rda just take it apart wash it and dry and rewick. very simple process.
Thanks for this, Jacob. And how often must I change the atomiser? Will I know when it needs to be changed from a difference in taste?

Kay-El-Vapes

Unresolved Status
Dec 1, 2015
Malaysia
www.kayelvapes.com
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

dcfluegel

Shenaniganator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2015
Cleveland TN
Thanks for this! This is my problem... Although I enjoy the flavour for a little while, it gets far too sickly/sweet and gives a slight headrush and nausea. I just found out that there is the option to use an unflavoured liquid which sounds perfect. If I want to add a little flavour to the unflavoured, can I simply mix them together? Or is there something more complex than just mixing liquids together? THANKS! :blush:
no - you cad add flavored e liquid to unflavored for a 'hint' of flavor :)

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
My husband laughs at me because i have my evod in my hand all day its like my "blankie" !
For me its hard not having a lighter or cig in my hand
When I first started vaping, I developed an obsession with my lighter. I used it for incense and candles instead. My sense of smell came back quickly. ;)

VapePassion

Reviewer / Blogger
May 13, 2015
Denver, CO
I almost never clean out my tanks because I'm too lazy and I just don't care if the flavors mix a little. The new flavor will usually overtake the old flavor after a while. The only time I really care to clean the tank and change coils is after vaping a strong flavor like a menthol or a coffee. Those flavors are too strong and stick around for a long time if you don't clean the tank.

Reactions: Roxyco

leftyandsparky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2015
Somewhere in the South
When I first started vaping, I developed an obsession with my lighter. I used it for incense and candles instead. My sense of smell came back quickly. ;)

I think for any ex smoker we miss having something in our hands! I'm with you on the candles have them everywhere in the house.

jacob bonilla

Sep 4, 2015
the coils need to be changed when it gets muffled out you will know when it needs to be changed because it goes from being a very distinct and crisp flavor and gets dull after it gets old. coil is usually fine it's the cotton that actually needs to get changed and you really can't dry fire pre made coils not that I know of. I suggest getting into RTA and RDA soon little bit more work but more beneficial and imo less money being spent. I spent $20 on 500ft of cotton and wire to make coils is only about $12 here. the coils last a really long time. just read up on how to safely build on RTA and RDA's fore safety reasons but it really isn't that difficult at all

jacob bonilla

Sep 4, 2015
Sorry for my ridiculous lack of knowledge... but what are RTA/RDA? Thanks :unsure:

RTA = Rebuildable tank atomizer so all the tanks you see that you simply replace the coil with ( probably one your using at the moment since everyone typically starts off with a tank ). with these you just make your own coils wick them yourself and fill with your own juice. these are MUCH cheaper then simply replacing the coils with prebuilt ones as you only need 4 things 1 you might already have. 1. wire ( cheap if you buy in bulk but I bought 10feet for only $12 I think and that is pricey as I live in Hawaii you can buy in bulk online or maybe from a vape shop. 2. cotton which is also very cheap I bought cellucotton for only $20 for 500feet this would last a VERY long time. 3. an ohm reader this is a MUST and is also cheap I bought mine for only $16 I think you need batteries to make it work I think AA batteries for all of them and this basically reads what ohms your coils that you build are. 4. something to wrap your coils on. most of us use precession screw drivers but they do have coil jigs or what is known as a "coil master" to roll your coils. coil master is probably the simplest and easiest way to roll your coils but it really isn't necessary. everything else you will likely already have or can substitute for like instead of needle nose tweezers I've used pliars and fish tweezers they work just as fine.

RDA = rebuildable dripping atomizer. these are basically the same as a RTA but their is no tank. in order for you to get juice you must literally bring a bottle with you and drop the juice directly onto the cotton. once you vape it up rinse and repeat. I believe RDA give you the best vapor as well as flavor possible versus an RTA if I am not mistaken. same tools and requriements are needed as RTA's.

they do have coil calculators but as far as everything else goes you can simply look on youtube and ask people on here such as how to build coils for beginners or wick them and etc.. they have many types of RTA's and RDA's and they ALL vary in vapor production and flavor and style but they are typically cheap some of the well known ones such as velocity can fetch a higher price for authentic versions but they do have clones and not all clones are good so I suggest doing research on clones if your interested in buying. a Clone is basically like a fake version of the authentic one. and yes some do work better then the authentic ones or just as good and they are MUCH cheaper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread