28. bullhcr

Reactions: inspects

distortoblotto

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
S.F/ Seattle
The LBC has temporarily replaced the cam-r. I won't know until the prints for the LBC are done and theMachine shop gives me pricing what's going to happen. I will ask for them to look at the cam-r again with 7075 and an aluminum plate bezel and a modification to use the Italian bottles. The smallest option would be the cam-r with the 8.5ml bottles. I'm pretty sure I could get it down to 2-1/4" and keep the double bevel on the bottle side of the cam-r. Personally I like the cam-r a lot better but the LBC should be a lot cheaper to machine and easier to wire. The CAM-R is a lot more advanced in design where the LBC is just keeping up with the current status quo.

And to answer your question; the Cam-r will come out. I have tho8sands invested in it because I believe in it but I need to take baby steps first.

Ready willing and able however It shakes out...

distortoblotto

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
S.F/ Seattle
Went down to the city to exchange vehicles today and forgot that the Solstice was waiting in the box. Damn! This thing has some big air! Love the afc. ( super smooth) I think it's going to be fun. Has anyone taken any notes on this one yet? Planning the build for tomorrow...

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Clarksburg, Maryland, United States
Think big twisties or big claptons. Mine has a 31/4 twist 6 wraps over a 3.5mm mandrel. I have no clue as to the resistance but at 57watts it's killer. You are going to want to squeeze a few more watts than normal with the stumpy. To me the solstice at 57w is very similar to the stumpy at 52-54w.

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
P.S...have you parked it on the M? :ohmy:
I'm trying to be like Russ... I haven't used a Mech in months. I have a few Cam-r and an LBC prototypes and that's pretty much all I use. I do have a few 350j TMods to play with as well.

You have to realize I started using the Cam-m back in February, I have had my fun with it, the 200 is my personal mission, I'm still trying to make it viable for production.

As to the single coil that's pretty much all I use, right down the middle, on the solstice you have tons of room between the posts but you can keep your coil low for fast wicking.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
I may have to break down and try a Stumpy when those brass ones come along. I haven't used a side air atty since top air came into my life many months ago, and I don't want to. I need top air air attys but this darn Stumpy has stood the test of time like no other, hasn't it? At some point I may have to see what the fuss is about. And I need a brass atty for my brass CC.

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
I may have to break down and try a Stumpy when those brass ones come along. I haven't used a side air atty since top air came into my life many months ago, and I don't want to. I need top air air attys but this darn Stumpy has stood the test of time like no other, hasn't it? At some point I may have to see what the fuss is about. And I need a brass atty for my brass CC.

The "Brass" Stumpy will not be brass. It will be gold pvd stainless steel.

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
The NarDa 40 .( $100+ 6 )
1. distortoblotto
2. distortoblotto
3. jhhollier
4. RickCain
5. hotsauc333
6. 67Tele
7. inswva
8. m3th1dz
9. AllPepperS
10. NatGasMan
11. Harleyndn
12. MFToms59
13. Papa_Lazarou
14. EZinTN
15. bottomfeeder
16. BENTHOS
17. YePsTeR
18. Strongdad
19. rbferg
20. sheishreviews
21. 67Tele
22. hotsauc333
23. turbocad6
24. Asbestos
25. Asbestos
26. ligonski
27. kingdal
28. bullhcr
Cut to 40 pieces per Nar mods.
Price reflecting the cost of the BF pin.

kingdal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2012
The Far Side
The LBC has temporarily replaced the cam-r. I won't know until the prints for the LBC are done and theMachine shop gives me pricing what's going to happen. I will ask for them to look at the cam-r again with 7075 and an aluminum plate bezel and a modification to use the Italian bottles. The smallest option would be the cam-r with the 8.5ml bottles. I'm pretty sure I could get it down to 2-1/4" and keep the double bevel on the bottle side of the cam-r. Personally I like the cam-r a lot better but the LBC should be a lot cheaper to machine and easier to wire. The CAM-R is a lot more advanced in design where the LBC is just keeping up with the current status quo.

And to answer your question; the Cam-r will come out. I have tho8sands invested in it because I believe in it but I need to take baby steps first.

Understood. Either way or both ways, I'm in.

Reactions: inspects

bullhcr

ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2014
Oslo, Norway

Rogue using the brass AFC may work well. Top air and slightly more of it compared to the Manta. Believe Tom has them in stock.

uc

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Rogue using the brass AFC may work well. Top air and slightly more of it compared to the Manta. Believe Tom has them in stock.

uc
Hmm, will consider...I tried a Rogue clone back in the day...didn't care for it, but my opinion may be radically different now since he has authentics and I switched to unflavored...

Thanks for the idea :)

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Hmm, will consider...I tried a Rogue clone back in the day...didn't care for it, but my opinion may be radically different now since he has authentics and I switched to unflavored...

Thanks for the idea :)
I only have 1 left, no pressure just a heads up.

Reactions: Sloth Tonight

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
@Chowderhead1972

Tom, I noticed Nareg will be putting up a list tomorrow evening for ultem top caps and ultem drip tips. Any chance you could finagle a batch with the upcoming NarDA 40 run or should I just play the F5 game tomorrow?
I have asked but I haven't heard back yet.

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Tom - Are you still planning on the limited run of 10 handmade lbc?
Once I get a prototype I'm happy with I will. The current prototype will be sold or dismantled based on interest and how the new version works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread