No, a black Bellus.

2ch0vu9.jpg

;)

Reactions: roxynoodle

Vapin Dave

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2015
California
At what power? Just be careful ecause that capacitor on the board is not up to running in the higher range :( Its possible they've changed it, but not on the 3 I have. When it goes, its a fire or explosion.
I dont know but I run it at 40-45 watts and it has been fine for about a year, running it at these watts I mean. i get great flavor and vapor plus the battery lasts longer than my evic vt

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
I dont know but I run it at 40-45 watts and it has been fine for about a year, running it at these watts I mean. i get great flavor and vapor plus the battery lasts longer than my evic vt

Due to the less than optimal capacitor I'm running mine at 25W or less :( I sure hope yours doesn't go for you. Trust me, I'm not very happy with ismoka/eleaf over it. I bought 50W mods, not 25W mods.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Have they fixed anything with the air? Besides manually twisting so the flow lines up? From what I've read it's a qc issue.

Mine all line up except one. But the one that doesn't has the air crossing the deck at perfect 45° angles. Works great with my quad vertical build. No vape band and all 4 holes open.

Reactions: MMW

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
I have both and the Aromamizer is way better! The Bellus does vape well, But it has a small deck that's hard to build on.
The wicking system is old and out of date. The single hole 2 post deck is a PIA to put dual coils in. One plus is the top fill :)
The Aromamizer is great, Velocity deck is awesome You can build a single coil, I have a single vertical coil between the post it works well not as good as duals but hey you can do it :) The flavour the Aromamizer produces is just unbelievable
IMO the best RTA you can buy right now by a long shot!

ismokeinbinary

ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2014
Kentucky
C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_bolognius4.jpg
I'll expand on that a bit..... If you use all four intake holes, you're gonna need at least 50W+ to even start to taste your juice, because for the most part you're just wasting it because your airflow ain't right. If you can tolerate using that fugly rubber band they provide, you can plug the two useless holes to optimize your vapor. Right now I'm running dual horizontals (24 ga, 0.7 ohm each, 0.35 ohm overall) in a velocity deck, using only two properly aligned intake holes aiming directly at the coils at around 35W, plenty of flavor compared to what I've gotten from tanks like the Orchid, Evil Eye and Lemos.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Ha
So, I've decided to give vaping another chance. Sort of fell off the wagon over the last few months. I've still got my Eleaf iStick 50w and have been using my EHPro Flash v2-clone.

I really want a new atomizer, Preferably an RTA. So I've been watching some reviews on youtube, and the two that grabbed my attention are the UD Bellus and the Aromamizer by Steam Crave, and I was wondering, is one of them significantly better than the other?

Any major draw backs to either of them?

I mainly want to get something new because rebuilding on the EHPro Flash is a pain in the ... for me. I can never get the leads wrapped around the posts without screwing up the coil. Although I did manage to do my first twisted coil tonight, which I like.

Would recommend anything over the Bellus. Mine leaked like a sieve.

Croak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2012
Right behind you...
I HAD both. Traded my $70 worth of Aromamizer and à la carte bits for $20 worth of batteries after a couple weeks. Hated the looks, hated the airflow issues, hated the ooze, hated the AFC, hated the size. The (extra cost!) Velocity build deck did not redeem the other shortcomings. Second most disappointing tank purchase of 2015 for me (right behind my Aspire Triton and RBA purchase).

I still use the $18.50 Bellus, it's #1 or #2 in my rotation and will be sticking around for quite some time.

EDIT: I should add that my needs are maybe different than some of you. A good 80% of my vaping isn't at home in a vape lair. I need a tank that fits well in a front jeans pocket (that includes not "coming apart" when removing it), with decent capacity and easy filling, one that I can close off the juice or airflow and expect it to STAY closed, so I don't look like I've auto-ejaculated if the tank oozes. The Aromamizer fails at all the above (except capacity) miserably. As a "desktop" tank, those failings are no big deal, and I suspect that most of the fans of this thing use it that way.

As for power handling, I build single wire dual coil temp control builds pretty much to the exclusion of anything Kanthal (I haven't built Kanthal since sometime in June, if you don't count the occasional use of pre-builts). I save Claptons and other "Instagram" builds for my stay-at-home drippers. That means I usually run below 40w/40j, and just need a two-post deck that is wide enough to handle up to 10 wraps with a 2.5mm ID. Two post holes or four doesn't matter, just as long as they're not offset.

Last edited:
Reactions: MMW

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
I've had my Aromamizers laying sideways in my purse several times. One of them goes with me everytime I leave the house. However, the Bellus is more suitable to what the OP wants, and it suits most vapers where the Aromamizer does not.

It drives me a little nuts when someone asks for a recommendation, and people just say their favorite tank even if its not even close to what the OP wants. There are all kinds of RTAs, and many are very good at what they do. Just because someone likes the big air, high wattage tanks doesn't mean a tight air m2l tank sucks. It only sucks for you, but for others, its fantastic. Try to recommend things based on what the OP likes. Granted he asked about the Aromamizer vs the Bellus, but reading his entire post made it pretty clear the Aromamizer was not the best choice for him, IMO. If someone who wanted a lot of air asked me if the Ataman 2 was a good choice, I would say no, not at all,.consider these instead (insert appropriate tanks).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread