Status
Not open for further replies.

samwest

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2011
Gainesville Texas
This is the sort of thing which in my opinion causes problems.
You basically mention casually that you drip 18mg no problem with no mention of wattage;

I remember a couple years ago where people would causually mention that they run their protank coils at 15 watts and only when questioned would they mention that they were rebuilding the coils with 30 or 28 gauge kanthal; meanwhile of course there were tons of lurkers all over the world reading such things who of course tried cranking their expensive regulated mods up to 15 watts on their stock coils because of what they read.

As I mentioned in my post, (I certainly couldn't sub ohm 18mg/ml). I average 1.4 ohms and 16 watts. What's the problem again?

gwapes6

Account closed on request
Aug 12, 2015
This thread has been a classic case of 'keep him on the line long enough and we can pick apart everything he says'. Anyone with half a brain can clearly see that my story has not changed from post#1 and will not change. Yes, when I shared the story about the guy who burnt his lungs that I too suffered the same damage BECAUSE I DID. Just like him one day I took a rip and got a pain and went to the ER where they saw that my lungs were severely damaged and inflamed. Though my damage was that of continual damage over time, I did not know it at the time AND YOU CAN TELL THAT BY THE POSTS I MADE LATER ON. If you go back and read some posts that I wrote after the fact you would clearly see several members of the forum pointing out my mistake and revealing it to me for the first time AFTER THE FACT. But whatev, you people deserve what is coming to you. You are all so desperate to believe that what you are doing is 100% safe. That your common sense is also that of others. The FDA really should regulate this crap to save lives. If my only option for vaping had been those blu cigarettes, I'd still have my health today.

gwapes6

Aug 12, 2015
The fact that so many have stretched as far as to tell me that they believe my obesity caused my lung damage has told me everything I need to know. You all are delusional. So many of you in a few years are going to be sitting at a heart dr's office in a gown with a vape in your hand telling the dr that you don't understand why you can't breathe. Hilarious.

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
This thread has been a classic case of 'keep him on the line long enough and we can pick apart everything he says'. Anyone with half a brain can clearly see that my story has not changed from post#1 and will not change. Yes, when I shared the story about the guy who burnt his lungs that I too suffered the same damage BECAUSE I DID. Just like him one day I took a rip and got a pain and went to the ER where they saw that my lungs were severely damaged and inflamed. Though my damage was that of continual damage over time, I did not know it at the time AND YOU CAN TELL THAT BY THE POSTS I MADE LATER ON. If you go back and read some posts that I wrote after the fact you would clearly see several members of the forum pointing out my mistake and revealing it to me for the first time AFTER THE FACT. But whatev, you people deserve what is coming to you. You are all so desperate to believe that what you are doing is 100% safe. That your common sense is also that of others. The FDA really should regulate this crap to save lives. If my only option for vaping had been those blu cigarettes, I'd still have my health today.

Do you need a hug?

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
Uhh no thanks. But if you have a couple spare lungs i'll gladly take them.

Nope, using them right now but I'll keep an eye out.

If I may add something here, it's not always what you say but the way you say it that will raise people's hackles, here or anywhere for that matter.

I really do wish you the best.

ericbnc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2012
Piedmont Triad, NC
The FDA really should regulate this crap to save lives. If my only option for vaping had been those blu cigarettes, I'd still have my health today.
Glad you finaly quit beating around the bush. Thank you for stating your agenda clearly and concisely.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
The OP is very angry, that is normally part of finding out you have an incurable disease that will kill you. You try to figure out how you ended up there. He said he is working with an end of life counsellor. I imagine that is probably true.

Sometimes you have to let people vent. IMHO that is all that is happening here.

By throwing back accusations, members are not doing anything better than the OP is, who is also throwing around a lot of accusations. Not that any of it matters, because nobody here has a crystal ball, nobody knows what months or years of a certain amount of "dry hits" on "high nic" does to the human body, nobody knows what vaping diketones will do to lungs over time, let alone the nasopharyngeal region, etc.

Vaping is harm reduction, not harm free.

I beleive the OP was operating under the impression, from reading posts on a vaping forum, that vaping was somehow harm-free. I never thought that, myself, and perhaps the OP has misunderstood a lot of the *enthusiasm* for vaping (because we are all so happy to have quit smoking) and translated that into vaping being harm-free. We do know it is "safer than smoking" at least for most people, but that isn't the same as harm free.

To the OP: If you want to send your medicals to someone trustworthy (because sharing them with vapers who don't have medical degrees is sort of a fruitless exercise) you might consider forwarding them to Dr. Farsalinos. He is not against vaping but he is also an independent researcher, he is not on the side of any one particular group in terms of honesty and integrity of medical research. IMHO

I think once you calm down, (if you do calm down), you might figure out a way to make your experience count in a positive, instead of a negative way. I understand you are in mourning, but you certainly can use your experiences for good, or for ill.

"wishing bad stuff" on other vapers isn't using your experiences for good. But you already know this. I hope you can find some peace and work it into something positive for your fellow mankind. I also hope you lose the weight you have been asked to lose, and that you do, indeed, move ahead on the donor list for lung transplant, if that ends up being necessary. If i were you I would spend my energy working on developing the most healthy lifestyle you can right now, because if you do have an operation, you will need to be "strong".

Meanwhile, there is such a thing as spontaneous healing/spontanous remission.... Dr. Andrew Weill wrote a book about it, and you may find some comfort, and some usefulness, in reading the book.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004QZA80C/ref=dp-kindle-redirect?ie=UTF8&btkr=1

The Science Of Spontaneous Healing
read the comments section from the guy whose father had a spontaneous remission.

I'm not saying to "count on it" but I am saying it is possible. I also think, and this is just my personal philosophy, that people who insist on living ONLY in what they can perceive or conceive of as possible are probably doing themselves a disservice. There are millions of stories, the world over, of things happening, that seemed virtually impossible to most people's minds.

Last edited:

gwapes6

Aug 12, 2015
The OP is very angry, that is normally part of finding out you have an incurable disease that will kill you. You try to figure out how you ended up there. He said he is working with an end of life counsellor. I imagine that is probably true.

Sometimes you have to let people vent. IMHO that is all that is happening here.

By throwing back accusations, members are not doing anything better than the OP is, who is also throwing around a lot of accusations. Not that any of it matters, because nobody here has a crystal ball, nobody knows what months or years of a certain amount of "dry hits" on "high nic" does to the human body, nobody knows what vaping diketones will do to lungs over time, let alone the nasopharyngeal region, etc.

Vaping is harm reduction, not harm free.

I beleive the OP was operating under the impression, from reading posts on a vaping forum, that vaping was somehow harm-free. I never thought that, myself, and perhaps the OP has misunderstood a lot of the *enthusiasm* for vaping (because we are all so happy to have quit smoking) and translated that into vaping being harm-free. We do know it is "safer than smoking" at least for most people, but that isn't the same as harm free.

To the OP: If you want to send your medicals to someone trustworthy (because sharing them with vapers who don't have medical degrees is sort of a fruitless exercise) you might consider forwarding them to Dr. Farsalinos. He is not against vaping but he is also an independent researcher, he is not on the side of any one particular group in terms of honesty and integrity of medical research. IMHO

I think once you calm down, (if you do calm down), you might figure out a way to make your experience count in a positive, instead of a negative way. I understand you are in mourning, but you certainly can use your experiences for good, or for ill.

"wishing bad stuff" on other vapers isn't using your experiences for good. But you already know this. I hope you can find some peace and work it into something positive for your fellow mankind. I also hope you lose the weight you have been asked to lose, and that you do, indeed, move ahead on the donor list for lung transplant, if that ends up being necessary. If i were you I would spend my energy working on developing the most healthy lifestyle you can right now, because if you do have an operation, you will need to be "strong".

Meanwhile, there is such a thing as spontaneous healing/spontanous remission.... Dr. Andrew Weill wrote a book about it, and you may find some comfort, and some usefulness, in reading the book.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004QZA80C/ref=dp-kindle-redirect?ie=UTF8&btkr=1

The Science Of Spontaneous Healing
read the comments section from the guy whose father had a spontaneous remission.

I'm not saying to "count on it" but I am saying it is possible. I also think, and this is just my personal philosophy, that people who insist on living ONLY in what they can perceive or conceive of as possible are probably doing themselves a disservice. There are millions of stories, the world over, of things happening, that seemed virtually impossible to most people's minds.

You are very right when you talk about the place that i'm in right now. I've also agreed with a lot of the things you've contributed to this thread and I appreciate your reasonable attitude. I've also looked into spontaneous healing lists and unfortunately have not found a single case of lung disease being reversed or cured (If you come across one please share). A lot of that stuff is mostly about cancer which really does seem to have a psychological component to it.

As for the medical records. It's almost impossible to know what is the right way to release them. Like i've said earlier several people have reached out to me and some have even gone as far as tracking me down to my personal email. Like most people in the end I want to know that my death had some helpful impact and if my mistake can contribute to the conversation about vaping and safety then that's better than nothing isn't it? Rightfully so I feel like i'm playing a dangerous game of chess that if I make one wrong move and give my records to the wrong person then this was all a waste. It's not just me that has to suffer because of this. My children and family do as well. I will make my information public in due time to hopefully a 100% impartial party.

gwapes6

Aug 12, 2015
Cus like I said earlier. I don't want my information in the hands of big tobacco OR big vaping. Imagine if this was used a propaganda against vaping but wound up having unforeseen flaws or misdiagnoses; that would literally mean that everything I went through was worth nothing more than me being some pawn for a greedy industry. Vice versa, no matter how you spin it, my death will mean nothing if not properly represented. That is my greatest fear above dying. I don't want anyone with a motive involved.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
my death will mean nothing if not properly represented.
A good place to re-direct your consciousness may be to believe in the "possibility" of a not-death. You might think about living once in a while, you know. I'm sure your children and everyone else who cares about you, including some members of this forum (yes, believe it or not) would appreciate your at least entertaining that possibility.

You may read some of Dr. F's interviews and posts, IMHO he is not trying to help the industry or himself, he is just wanting to help people in general. That is a judgement call, but one I made. :) If anything he may get your records into the right hands, ie. as you wish that it doesn't go to anyone trying to make $$$ off it or do damage to vaping with it, etc.

I merely presented you with my own idea of an impartial individual who has no investment either way. I beleive that a few ejuice companies go to him for advice when they are interested in producing "safer" ejuices, etc. and I think he has helped them do that, based on his own general hunches as a scientist. He is certainly the reason I don't vape diketones.

At any rate, gw, I think this COULD turn out to be a good topic, as there are some people here who actually want to keep an eye on you, and not for bad purposes, but simply because they care about their fellow man. You are going to make that more difficult however, if you are just always lashing out at people.

Disease and illness is a very humbling experience. You have been humbled. And maybe that is the very thing, the very feeling you are fighting, and that is silly. It's okay sometimes that we are down on our knees, we are laid so low, but that doesn't mean we aren't still powerful intact beings. I wish there was a way to explain that to you better. :)

Maybe you can allow others to care about you, even if they are 'strangers'.

It is acceptable to "work things out" with others here. It is not acceptable to "take things out" on others here. I'm sure you get the distinction. You are obviously quite intelligent person, that is apparent in your posts.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I am tired of people coming onto this forum and claiming vape causes whatever ails them with absolutely no evidence no proof and no facts to back up their claim. Then attacking those who disagree with them.

*sigh*

I stopped participating in these kinds of threads a while ago because they never really end well--after a more or less heated anti- and pro-vaping back and forth, the OP usually disappears and that's that.

But one thread was different, and I remember it very well indeed, because the OP actually returned, after a 3-month long absence, and told us honestly what really had caused his suffering that he had blamed, mistakenly, on vaping.

Some of the long-time members here may remember the mysterious case of Laguna6866. You don't have to read the whole thread--just the two posts quoted below. :D

The opening salvo:

Vaping...More harm then good? For me yes...Im done!!!!!!

Mystery solved:

Vaping...More harm then good? For me yes...Im done!!!!!!

To the OP--I'm really sorry you're suffering, but like others have already stated multiple times, correlation is not causation. I wish you well!

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    OP- I'm sorry it has come to this. I believe ecigs has probably saved my own life and many others. I also take another drug that either saves or kills the users. So far I'm still here on earth. I guess God has something else for me to do rather than go home to Him.

I hope when/if you pass, you're comfortable with where you're going. If not, here's a way-

How You Can Be Filled with the Holy Spirit

Reactions: BackDoc

postembr2

ECF Veteran
    Dec 20, 2013
    its not the "dripping 18mg" that is the problem,
    it is too much wattmilligramspermilliliter.

You can vape 20mg at 5 watts (that's 100 wattmilligramspermilliliter)
    You can vape 5mg at 20 watts (that's 100 wattmilligramspermilliliter)
    But if you vape 18mg at 20 watts that's 360 wattmilligramspermilliter.

Yea this is the point. I used to (and still prefer) to vape 18mg @ 6W or 12 @ 10@ because i dont like much vapor volume (and mainly use PG), and i prefer a higher nicotine kick. The only time i tried 18mg (and this from a 2,5 pack day ex smoker) on my kayfun around 7W, i stopped doing it, not because it was frying my lungs, but because i was getting too woozy and restless.

You need to be some kind of superman to subohm 18mg, its just overwhelming, you probably will end knocked out. Its the same to inhale an entire cigar.

Also, i never read people doing sub ohm on such high nics. All the people and videos i see on sub ohm people usually do without nic or very low amounts, 1-6mg. If someone is saying he is doing 18 subohm is a flat lie or just trying to be a ......, its not a good decision.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 14, 2013
    SE PA
    Yea this is the point. I used to (and still prefer) to vape 18mg @ 6W or 12 @ 10@ because i dont like much vapor volume (and mainly use PG), and i prefer a higher nicotine kick. The only time i tried 18mg (and this from a 2,5 pack day ex smoker) on my kayfun around 7W, i stopped doing it, not because it was frying my lungs, but because i was getting too woozy and restless.
    Please learn to accept that different people have different tolerances (and needs) for nic.

You need to be some kind of superman to subohm 18mg, its just overwhelming, you probably will end knocked out. Its the same to inhale an entire cigar.
    I believe you are making the same sort of terminology mistake that the OP did, except you're over-generalizing what it means to "Sub-Ohm" while he was over-generalizing what it means to "Drip".

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread