Class Action Lawsuit Did Not Know Vapor Contained Nicotine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
You guys need to look on the bright side, this may force BT to release the info on what is addictive in cigs to prove that nic is not the highly addictive part. So, it may be a win down the road for us.

I was kinda thinking it could set a precedent.
RJRV will easily out lawyer the idiot.
It's better than paying him off with a settlement, as it would stop future idiots.

Reactions: WharfRat1976

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Looks like a labelling lawsuit. He doesn't have to know or not know - the claim is that under California law, if it has Nic, it has to have a "Known to the State of California to cause cancer" label. Like everything. I swear, they have that sign everywhere you go - no one pays it any attention.

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
Looks like a labelling lawsuit. He doesn't have to know or not know - the claim is that under California law, if it has Nic, it has to have a "Known to the State of California to cause cancer" label. Like everything. I swear, they have that sign everywhere you go - no one pays it any attention.
Ive come to the conclusion that living in Ca. causes cancer...

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
That would require the patron to use common sense to deduce it has nicotine in it without a warning in writing, in triplicate, and tattood on the clerks forehead.

I haven't said this in years because I've been trying to be a more understanding individual, but some people need to be drug into the street and shot and the bodies used for fertilizer.
Or for Soilent Green.

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
I opened the page and was greeted by a full page popup blocking everything, I closed the tab....
I ain't gotz time for popups
I would sue. Claim Post Tramatic Pop Up Disorder. I know an attorney at Dewey, Cheatum and How, L.P.

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
Here is a California juice label. It's a beauty...Prop 65 I think is what they call this BS.
f9ef882270c8ccc0a097785ee59d8605.jpg

HauntedMyst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2013
Chicago
So the other day at the range, I get a bullet jammed in my gun. It was really frustrating. I started banging my gun on the table, whack it against the range separator and nothing works. So I get out my mini flashlight and look down the barrel, can't see the jam, bang the gun on the table and look down the barrel and this guy yells "Don't do that, it could be a delay and you'll kill yourself!" Who knew? Nowhere was this written on the gun! It looks like I have a sure win lawsuit against the Beretta corporation. My head has to be worth at least a few hundred bucks. I'm gonna ask for ten times that amounts since some peoples heads are really valuable and they don't know mine is one of the bargain ones.

EBates

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2013
Texas
So the other day at the range, I get a bullet jammed in my gun. It was really frustrating. I started banging my gun on the table, whack it against the range separator and nothing works. So I get out my mini flashlight and look down the barrel, can't see the jam, bang the gun on the table and look down the barrel and this guy yells "Don't do that, it could be a delay and you'll kill yourself!" Who knew? Nowhere was this written on the gun! It looks like I have a sure win lawsuit against the Beretta corporation. My head has to be worth at least a few hundred bucks. I'm gonna ask for ten times that amounts since some peoples heads are really valuable and they don't know mine is one of the bargain ones.

Sorry, but I don't think near-misses count. You need some blood squirting and a U-Tube video to get the big bucks. Just sayin':facepalm:

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
Piezoelectric? Pressurized jets?
The first e-cigs (2005'ish?) used a piezoelectric atomizer to create the aerosol. These parts
were pricey and prone to getting gunked up. Somewhere along the line someone came up
with the idea of using a simple heating coil to vaporize the water content of the juice causing
the base liquid in the juice to atomize into a aerosol. This dramatically reduced costs and
increase reliability. This also enhanced the the visual experience as it made the vapor appear
more smoke like. The rest is history. I have been researching for quite some time and cannot
find any reference of who introduced the use of coils or when it was done.
Regards
Mike

NoFumus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2015
St. Paul, Minnesota
It seems that the source cited by the OP may have mis-stated the facts somewhat. According to Law360, and confirmed by the original lawsuit (Here).

"Named plaintiff Jerod Harris claims that the Reynolds American Inc. subsidiary violated California state consumer protection and unfair competition laws by marketing Vuse electronic cigarettes in a way that fails to inform customers of the potential health risks incurred by using the products, specifically, inhalation of the carcinogens formaldehyde and acetaldehyde.

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
I honestly want to sue all trial lawyers in CA for (insert whatever implied harm here) due to undue stress I get from hearing of their actions. I'm only thinking of a 14 quadrillion dollar suit. But I could probably be talked down to a 1 trillion dollar out of court settlement, cause I'm nice like that.

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
"...nominal plaintiff Jerod Harris filed a federal complaint against R.J. Reynolds Vapor Co. claiming he didn’t know vaping uses nicotine."

Couldn't have happened to a nicer group of guys. Stick it to Big Tobacco, idiot. :facepalm:

Please tell me you're saying this facetiously and/or cynically.

How (politically aware) vapers don't recognize this suit as a coordinated attack from ANTZ is mind boggling.

Reactions: EBates
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread