NEW AND NEED ADVICE ABOUT WHAT TO BUY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

czarina

Nov 23, 2015
Well, I think I was so stressed and worried about setting it wrong, that I wasn't really able to form an opinion.

But, I can say this. So far I am okay with the flavors I have chosen.
I had to laugh, my son told me,
"Well mom, you're really not a flavorful kind of person."

But its true, I like my coffee black. Period.
None of the fancy lattes and such for me.
I like my iced tea with a slice of lemon, only. Never any sugar.

But, I can guzzle Coca-Cola by the gallon!
Go figure.
But, I read from someone who said that "you cannot replicate that cigarette taste", and the suggested the vanilla type flavors, as they seem a little stronger, so, I mostly ordered those flavors.

And, I ordered a flux nectar, which isn't too bad.

I did have a stressful moment last night, though. I rehabilitate wildlife, for release, back into the wild, when they are well enough to survive.
And, obviously I fall in love with my little critters.
Well, I have a couple of squirrels that will need to overwinter, here, so I grabbed one to give it some cuddles, and panicked, because I couldn't remember if I had washed my hands after messing with my device.
Squirrels are extremely sensative to everything, so I was worried the ejuice might kill them.

Funny, I'll put it into my body, but won't risk Mother Natures little friends.

Not really sure how safe this stuff is to inhale, but hopefully its no worse than all the horrid things they put in ciggs!

Reactions: FogZone

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Well, I was hoping I would be able to figure this out, but I really am not sure, so, back to the experts!

First, I am using and have assembled an Innokin Coolfire 4 with a mini nautilus tank.

I am not really understanding the properties/functions of coil resistance, wattage and volts.

First, coil resistance: do I need to set this, or does the device do it automatically?

Then wattage. I know I set this. I set mine from 40.0 down to 10.0, only because I read somewhere here that one of the pros was happily vaping at 12.0, so I thought I'd go a couple points below this. But, don't really understand what wattage does, or how it effects vaping.

Then, voltage. I do understand the part of the battery being low. But, how does voltage effect vaping? I know this can be set, also. But can I or do I need to set all 3 of these things?

Oh yeah, then theres ohms?

Also, what do all the numbers on the led screen mean?
I now have 10.0 watts set, but, what are the 2 little numbers on the side?
Also, when I vape, the 10 watts goes away, and other numbers appear, briefly. Like 5.7 to 9.6. Is this the amount of seconds I am vaping?
Thanks!

The number with the omega sign is your ohms or resistance. Two terms for the same thing.

The wattage you have figured out

The other number is the voltage required to deliver that wattage at that resistance.. The other is the battery strength indicator.

Your Coolfire4 calculates the ohms for you.

The only things you have to watch in the watts in wattage mode and the battery indicator.

If you put it in voltage mode you would change the volts instead of watts.

It's really very simple.

FogZone

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2015
United States
Well, I think I was so stressed and worried about setting it wrong, that I wasn't really able to form an opinion.

But, I can say this. So far I am okay with the flavors I have chosen.
I had to laugh, my son told me,
"Well mom, you're really not a flavorful kind of person."

But its true, I like my coffee black. Period.
None of the fancy lattes and such for me.
I like my iced tea with a slice of lemon, only. Never any sugar.

But, I can guzzle Coca-Cola by the gallon!
Go figure.
But, I read from someone who said that "you cannot replicate that cigarette taste", and the suggested the vanilla type flavors, as they seem a little stronger, so, I mostly ordered those flavors.

And, I ordered a flux nectar, which isn't too bad.

I did have a stressful moment last night, though. I rehabilitate wildlife, for release, back into the wild, when they are well enough to survive.
And, obviously I fall in love with my little critters.
Well, I have a couple of squirrels that will need to overwinter, here, so I grabbed one to give it some cuddles, and panicked, because I couldn't remember if I had washed my hands after messing with my device.
Squirrels are extremely sensative to everything, so I was worried the ejuice might kill them.

Funny, I'll put it into my body, but won't risk Mother Natures little friends.

Not really sure how safe this stuff is to inhale, but hopefully its no worse than all the horrid things they put in ciggs!
A recent Briitish study found that ecigs are 96-98 % safer than traditional cigs. That being said, you still want to keep the ejuice itself sealed up tight & hidden away from pets & children.
Glad it's working for you so far, & trust me, it gets easier & easier with time.
And it is so fun to try out new flavors every month, I just love that.
Another tip in case you didn't already know -
As far as your ejuice VG/Pg ratios go,
Anything in the 50/50 70/30 VG Pg range should work well with your nautilus coils.
Don't waste your money on max VG juice.
Anything over 70 VG is just too thick for nautilus coils to handle.

czarina

Nov 23, 2015
Thanks for the tip on the viscosity of the ejuices.

Well, I have no ciggs. Been out since about noon. I'm pretty steadily puffing away on
"Virginia"(my nickname for my device)
Alternating between mouth to lung, which seems more "comforting" at this point, and tank to lung.

Question, in either of the above modes, should I hold the vape in for long periods, to better absorb the nicotine, or just blow it right out?
Any points from anyone?

Mountainbikermark has answered questions I have asked, and interestingly, one I haven't asked yet. Thats great, and a big thanks to you!

Decided on your "model" for the device holder. Coffee cup on the coffee table. Works great, easy to design, just had to pick the handles orientation.

The question I hadn't asked yet, was about making a giant vape cloud in your vehicle, while driving.
I have never seen this, but as a caregiver, (nurse), I think if I saw that, I would probably call 911 thinking the vehicle was onfire!

So, do you vape and drive? Anyone been pulled over, by a cop seeing a device, and finding it suspicious?

Aaaargh, no ciggs. I can do this. At least I have nicotine and the hand to mouth sensation.

FogZone

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2015
United States
Thanks for the tip on the viscosity of the ejuices.

Well, I have no ciggs. Been out since about noon. I'm pretty steadily puffing away on
"Virginia"(my nickname for my device)
Alternating between mouth to lung, which seems more "comforting" at this point, and tank to lung.

Question, in either of the above modes, should I hold the vape in for long periods, to better absorb the nicotine, or just blow it right out?
Any points from anyone?

Mountainbikermark has answered questions I have asked, and interestingly, one I haven't asked yet. Thats great, and a big thanks to you!

Decided on your "model" for the device holder. Coffee cup on the coffee table. Works great, easy to design, just had to pick the handles orientation.

The question I hadn't asked yet, was about making a giant vape cloud in your vehicle, while driving.
I have never seen this, but as a caregiver, (nurse), I think if I saw that, I would probably call 911 thinking the vehicle was onfire!

So, do you vape and drive? Anyone been pulled over, by a cop seeing a device, and finding it suspicious?

Aaaargh, no ciggs. I can do this. At least I have nicotine and the hand to mouth sensation.
It's really just personal preference, whatever is most satisfying for you.
What mg Nic is your ejuice?

czarina

Nov 23, 2015
Right now I am using 18 mg. I got two large bottles of 18, then smaller bottles of 12mg and 6mg.

Figured I'd just see how it goes.

Somebody gave me a link that explained how to make your own ejuice. It was a delightful video.
I wouldn't have even considered doing it, but they included the math, and it was absolutely amazing.

I can't remember exactly, but it was something like $0.87 to make a large bottle, or maybe $.87 for a months worth. Whatever it was, it was well worth the savings to make your own.

So, if this works out for me, that will be my next oroject, after I go on a taste testing extravaganza, so I know which flavors I really like. Even the large bottle of nicotine wasn't particularly expensive.

I'm really glad to hear about that report of how much safer this is than smoking. I just hope I can make it.

Where are the jist of the active threads for this site?
I would like to check out whats going on and get any info I can.

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Right now I am using 18 mg. I got two large bottles of 18, then smaller bottles of 12mg and 6mg.

Somebody gave me a link that explained how to make your own ejuice. It was a delightful video.
I wouldn't have even considered doing it, but they included the math, and it was absolutely amazing.

I can't remember exactly, but it was something like $0.87 to make a large bottle, or maybe $.87 for a months worth. Whatever it was, it was well worth the savings to make your own.

So, if this works out for me, that will be my next oroject, after I go on a taste testing extravaganza, so I know which flavors I really like. Even the large bottle of nicotine wasn't particularly expensive.

I'm really glad to hear about that report of how much safer this is than smoking. I just hope I can make it.

Yes, DIYing your own ejuice is very, VERY easy and cost effective. Find a thread called DIY Liquid. And.....I'm not sure I understand the question about active threads.....all these threads are very active.

FogZone

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2015
United States

Ok good, I was going to recommend 18 MG.
Glad you are starting out with that.
I dropped to 12MG after about 6 months & now currently am at 6MG. Think I'm going to stay put right there.
I've been seriously considering DIY also, I think that will probably be my next adventure.

Reactions: CaptNutz

CaptNutz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2015
Chicago
Ok good, I was going to recommend 18 MG.
Glad you are starting out with that.
I dropped to 12MG after about 6 months & now currently am at 6MG. Think I'm going to stay put right there.
I've been seriously considering DIY also, I think that will probably be my next adventure.
Wow that's high well for me

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

czarina

Nov 23, 2015
How did you overcome the irresistible urge to run to the store, for ciggs?
I guess I just have to hang in here, and keep vaping away.
Someone posted about pomegranate, I think from the redtail line being their go to when they felt desperate. Think I will have to consider ordering some. Something about it having the tobacco alkaloids in it.

So, 6 months to reduce the mgs. I can do this.

amisssamack

Nov 16, 2015
Hang in there... it'll be easier than you think :thumbs:

I was really worried too about having urges... (lol) but if you find a satisfying vape, you shouldn't have to worry.

I tried those blu craps- I was using them and wanting a cig still. A friend gave me his old set up and BAM! Smoke free for like 2 months. Nothing too crazy, but an achievement non the less. :)

FogZone

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2015
United States
How did you overcome the irresistible urge to run to the store, for ciggs?
I guess I just have to hang in here, and keep vaping away.
Someone posted about pomegranate, I think from the redtail line being their go to when they felt desperate. Think I will have to consider ordering some. Something about it having the tobacco alkaloids in it.

So, 6 months to reduce the mgs. I can do this.
Yep just take nice long drags off your ecig when you get that urge.
As far a Nic mg goes, everyone is different.
Generally your body will tell you when it's time to drop your level down.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona

I love DIY EJuice.

It's a lot cheaper but not that cheap. If you buy VG and PG by the quart it is about 45 cents an ounce (30 ml,) but you need nicotine and flavors and that far more expensive than VG and PG.

If you get into DIY get an ejuice calculator and learn how to use it.

Start with small batches like 3-5 ml because you will have some batches you can't stand, and less waste is better.

High VG produces more vapor. I usually make 70%vg 30%pg.

When you find a recipe you really like write it down then expand it to make 30 ml batches. I usually make 50 ml bottles.

You will need blunt tip syringes. To measure small proportions. Dedicate one syringe for nicotine. I painted s big red X on my syringe for nicotine so I don't cross contaminate my VG PG or flavors. Everything else you can clean without worrying about toxicity.

I'm sure I am forgetting something but another way to really save money is use a RDA or RTA.

I use two RTAs. I don't have to use premade coils that cost $1.50-2.50 each. I make my own coils. They cost 2-3 cents, and I use organic cotton balls. I have had coils last 3 months. When my vape tastes off I gently remove the messed up wick dry burn the gunk off the coil and re wick. I can build a coil and habitually rewick for three months and the total cost is only about 15 cents. If you replace premade coils every 10 days it will cost $18-25

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
I was 2 pack a day Marlboro light guy and I started at 6mg but everyone is different. The point is you quit smoking and that's the best thing.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

If you are sub ohming 6-9 mg would make sense. Czarina is vaping a Nautilus Mini if memory serves it is 1.8 Ohms. So she would need a higher nic.

Reactions: CaptNutz

beauW

Unresolved Status
Dec 2, 2015
USA
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

Bubsmash

Nov 22, 2015
Okay well it looks like you ended up getting allot of answers that are really again way too muxh info way too complicated for a new vaper to uderstand so I will keep it extremely simple for you.

This is the main question you need to ask yourself. When I was smoking when I lit that cig up did I like the first initial burn of the smoke or did I really enjoy it more closer down on the filter side?
This will determine where you should set your voltage. Think of voltage on your device in this way. 10 volts cooler vape 20 to 25 medium 30 and up hotter vape like when you got down to the end of your cig.
The higher you have your voltage set though the less time you will get out of your batteries.
No muss no fuss that is about as KISS as I can explain it all for you.
Just make sure you do not exceed the voltage rating of your tank you have. You can find out all that info out on your box your tank came in.
As for what to buy I started with a Kanger Evod 2
I found it was not enough though. I just was not getting enough nicotene and within a week I bought a Sigelei 150 TC short for tempature controled. The tank I use is a Herakles. As far as what you should buy I would really suggest you go to a local vape shop to see what they carry for a product line once you know that come on back and tell us what your options are. I say this because it really sucks waiting for parts and things that is honestly my best suggestion I can give you.
As for nicotene intake. Some people feel different things but usually if you feel really jittery irritated or emotional sometimes even chest pains up your nicotene level. If you feel any type of a frontal head ache eyes feeling heavy probably a very good indication to drop your nicotene levels.

Last edited:

czarina

Nov 23, 2015
Still cigg free! I was up till 3am,(I'm a night person), and resisted the urge to go to town and buy a pack! So am proud of myself for that!

I kept reading everyone's supportive posts, and they really helped. Thank you all for taking the time to post. I think it helped knowing that most of you have been where I am, and were able to quit. The bottom line is that I am a serious smoker, a very hyper type personality, and most of my jobs were very high stress. So I smoked a lot. But have known for years that I needed to quit, and have literally tried everything, with no sucess.

I did find that the ejuice I was using last night was just plum nasty. Kinda sweet at first, then a very bitter, not good taste in my mouth. Its called sixth sense. Yuck.

Ha ha, made the mistake, unknowingly, of leaving my device on empty! I am not very coordinated when I first wake up, and thats when I really want to smoke, so had to wait till I was awake enough to dismantle my device, clean and refill it with another ejuice. Bavarian Cream, by Mount Baker. It is definitely much tastier than the former.

Of course, I didn't realize till after I ordered all my stuff, that they don't seem to be a favorite place to order ejuice from. But, they were very nice and helpful.

A big CONGRATULATIONS to amisssamack for making it for 2 months!!!!!!! Hearing things like that makes me think I can do it, this time.

Does anyone have suggestions for flavors, and where to purchase them?
I am not a mint person. I like creams and fruit flavors.

I think I am going to order some WTA's today, thinking I am probably addicted to more than just the nicotine, so its woth a shot.
I will for sure order the "pomegranate" , cause I like the fruit and flavor, and someone had posted how it helped them when they were craving badly.

Please, any suggestions for any flavors are welcome! ( I realized that what I was vaping last night, tasted like Robitussin, again, Yuck!)

A couple of questions:

Am I sub ohming? I have the Coolfire 4 with an Aspire mini Nautilus. At 1.8 ohms.

Next question: Where do I get an ejuice calculator?
Also, where is the best place to get DIY supplies?
What are the basic flavors that I should have on hand, to make recipes?
I realize that some recipes will call for a specific special flavor, but I mean that I plan to stock my supplies, a little at a time, kinda like your spice cabinet, you know you will need garlic powder, parsley etc.

So, what basic flavors should I invest in to start, and where to get them?

And again, a giant thank you for all the support! It is appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread