eVic-VT mini?

Status
Not open for further replies.

danielpm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2012
Braga, Portugal
Did you mean "C" ? Because at 200F, that's not just a cotton burn fail... that's a complete TC fail.

Maybe flash/reflash the firmware updates and see if anything changes.
No, 200°F :/ . I used that settings because it was the first time I used TC, and o wanted to see at what temperature my cotton will burn.. So I start with the minimum..

Nikea Tiber

ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2015
I bought a VT mini a few hours ago. Mine came with version 2 firmware out of the box.
Compared to the evic VT, the mini works quite a bit better. I'll test it with titanium later to see how ti TC mode compares with the "full size" VT. My current go-to coil build has been a 316L stainless steel dual coil @ .23 ohms. SS TC mode works really well so far, the power throttling on the VTm is a lot more on-point than the VT. I felt the VT would kick in too soon and produce a weak vape. The internal ohm meter seems to be more accurate as well.
I think it is important for me to point out that my experience with the evic VT may have been colored by a faulty 510 positive pin (mine is not spring loaded, the pin is stuck @ the bottom of its travel, limiting which RDAs will work with it). The positive 510 on the VTm is spring loaded and self adjusts properly.
The updated screen layout is a definite improvement; my genes gave me with 50/20 vision, though. If I didn't have exceptional eyesight the tiny font size might bother me.
I think at this point the only advantage the VT has over the VTm is battery capacity, which is somewhat nullified by the VTm having a removable cell.
No buyers remorse so far.

zeus01

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2011
manila
Bought some SS and some Ti, and did the dry cotton test with the TC modes for both. Both of them fail and burn the cotton. How is that possible? I tested first with 0.6 Ohm coils (for both SS and Ti), 200°F (minimum) and 30W, and it burned. Then I follow pbusardo vídeo and tested with the same settings and burned again, more quickly (in pbusardo vídeo the cotton dont goes on fire , my did).

Im really disapointed with this..
to shed some light never attampt the dry cotton thing on th evic would not make sense
and will just fail...
it will temp protect and minimize thr dry hit but not the cotton test...never had a dry hit

but if you are trying to find your sweet spot
the best method ive used is set it to 75watts...@400f
then have a mirror ready,vape infront of jt,and look at the wattage and settings until you get the general temp and wattage that youd use..

Sent from my AMOI N820 using Tapatalk

danielpm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2012
Braga, Portugal
to shed some light never attampt the dry cotton thing on th evic would not make sense
and will just fail...
it will temp protect and minimize thr dry hit but not the cotton test...never had a dry hit

but if you are trying to find your sweet spot
the best method ive used is set it to 75watts...@400f
then have a mirror ready,vape infront of jt,and look at the wattage and settings until you get the general temp and wattage that youd use..

But if you search on YouTube, there are many people doing the test (including pbusardo) and none of them burned like mine!

zeus01

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2011
manila
But if you search on YouTube, there are many people doing the test (including pbusardo) and none of them burned like mine!
oh,did it ignite?

if you saw the cotton test of pbusardo on the evic

the evix failed as well on him

tc fails on the dry cotton test for some reason
not sure why...

but it works to prevent a dry hit thou
wattage is still supplied like 1-10watt range...even on a dry cotton,hence burning

danielpm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2012
Braga, Portugal
oh,did it ignite?

if you saw the cotton test of pbusardo on the evic

the evix failed as well on him

tc fails on the dry cotton test for some reason
not sure why...

but it works to prevent a dry hit thou
wattage is still supplied like 1-10watt range...even on a dry cotton,hence burning

If you see, at minute 26, his cotton had a descoloration and went black. Mine burned (like fire).

Btw, did you set the base resistance first (lock)?
Thats the only thing that i didn 't. Its necessary?

zeus01

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2011
manila

If you see, at minute 26, his cotton had a descoloration and went black. Mine burned (like fire).

Thats the only thing that i didn 't. Its necessary?

yes its necessary to lock resistance...
as for it burning i am not sure have not tested

sorry mate but i dont see why you need to do the cotton test...

i put it thia ways

lets say it works,right?the temp set is burns is 400f

but thats too cold of a vape for me id still bump it up to my desired temp..
or too hot for mu taste i will still bump it down...

so far on all from 470-600f @75watts
settinganive done i have not experienced a single dry nasty hit thou...
so i think tc is still working as intended(no dry burns)

but of course its up to you all i am saying is cotton test is really use less on vaping..

btw if yours burned,that still should not happen...;)

cause mine on a fresh wick without juice,it still fires but hits temp protect

dangaranga

ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2015
Metro Detroit, MI
so i just did a dry burn test with my newest evic mini.

Tobh atty with a single 26awg nickel build coming out to .13 ohms. v1 cotton bacon

set it to 40w and 350 deg F.

Then threw it on my ipv4 at same wattage and temp and did another dry burn.

pics to follow.

overall im satisfied with its performance, granted nothing should have happened but 350 is kinda close to the limit so ill take it

Nikea Tiber

ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2015
I gotta chime in here.
The dry cotton test for a TC mod is... basically pointless.
I say this because you are creating a situation that isn't very likely to happen. After you saturate your wick you are never getting the cotton as dry as it came out of the package. Ever.
Once you add juice and your wick is moist its capacity to take heat without burning/scorching increases dramatically.
I feel that TC working properly it is pretty easy to tell that TC voltage throttling is kicking in because your vapor production will go from a womp to a cigalike tootle midpuff.
If you scorch wet cotton something is wrong with your mod or build. If you scorch dry cotton something is wrong with your testing methodology.

dimo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2011
Chicago
I gotta chime in here.
The dry cotton test for a TC mod is... basically pointless.
I say this because you are creating a situation that isn't very likely to happen. After you saturate your wick you are never getting the cotton as dry as it came out of the package. Ever.
Once you add juice and your wick is moist its capacity to take heat without burning/scorching increases dramatically.
I feel that TC working properly it is pretty easy to tell that TC voltage throttling is kicking in because your vapor production will go from a womp to a cigalike tootle midpuff.
If you scorch wet cotton something is wrong with your mod or build. If you scorch dry cotton something is wrong with your testing methodology.

While what you are saying is true, there is a reason why people do it. Dry cotton has a known burn temp. The dry cotton test is a cheap and quick way to test if your mod is accurate in any way.

A properly setup coil with the correct base resistance shouldn't burn cotton at 400*F. If it's lighting it on fire at that temp then the mod is not accurate or there is an issue with your coil.

VapingTurtle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2011
The Reef just off the Florida coast
A properly setup coil with the correct base resistance shouldn't burn cotton at 400*F. If it's lighting it on fire at that temp then the mod is not accurate or there is an issue with your coil.
Or you are using too high of an initial wattage. It takes time for a mod to stabilize the temp. Too high of an initial power surge will overshoot the desired temp, depending upon the wire used.

zeus01

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2011
manila
Or you are using too high of an initial wattage. It takes time for a mod to stabilize the temp. Too high of an initial power surge will overshoot the desired temp, depending upon the wire used.

in which case the evic does this (i think it was pbusardo who said it,forgot)

thats why on te evic its pointless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread