Not open for further replies.

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
Yes .. Child Protective Services to the Rescue .. let them never go outside and actually indulge in outdoor activity and also they must live on a diet of pizza and what not (since, after all, that's all they will eat) .. but take an untended stroll down the street to anywhere and it's Amber Alert time .. :rolleyes: .. I got a small allowance and mowed yards as well back then, got mine off the old style spinning wire rack at the Woolworths ..

Just an obscure song to subreference th Woolworths angle from an artist I rather like.

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
shucks.....I was waiting for you to say you caught something more than her smile.....;)

Well, I'm sure it would have made an amusing YouTube video .. "Old Man Flailing in Mid Air as Onlooker Watches in Shocked Hilarity" ..

The thing is, You Know Your Old When the Ladies Don't Look at You at All (YKYOWLDLAYAA) .. so, there is that .. ;)

mmsjs5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
Illinois
Ok.....don't hold me to this, cuz I can't tell ya where I saw it, but I'm pretty sure it was retired1 who said it...... since everything caches quickly on here now, now just 24 hrs, once you post a pic here and you later delete it from PB, it should still be here. It might even been smoky joe that said......just can't remember who, but it was someone who oughta know

I remember that from the forum issues or xen foro threads. I think it was retired that said it. :)

Rotowoman

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2014
Louisiana
Let us know how it goes tomorrow, Roto. They're gonna light you up, girl! Do it, & come home, cuddle with Breezy & sleep it away!

Oh, I'm lit up all right. The day started off chitty. I'll explain later.

Dang youse guys bin bizzy. ###)(*$# Hard drive crash. Bin restoring and installing most of the day. But I did come across a slide show of muh fur balls if'n anyonez intersteddy.
The Furballs

I LOVE your furballs. They're so cute. I enjoyed the house pictures too, AND the trip. Highly amusing commentary. I looked at ALL of them. :D

the opposite has been "off" since he's been there! Soooooo glad you'll get some rest soon!! and have Christmas off, with time to recuperate from it!!

Take pics!!! :laugh:

They tell me my opposite applied for the position of "International Materials Manager". BWAHAHAHAHAHAhaha.......I bout fell off my chair laughing. Lazy little chit can't even take care of his share of our parts room much less manage International. If he gets that position, I will then KNOW for sure that he has pictures of somebody doing something unspeakable to a goat.

Debra, ya better get rested up before April! Careful, don't over do.

It's not looking good for the home team right now, Iffy. In spite of insurance, all the medical types are taking all my doggone money!!
....what is happening to moi? a denizen of the night......why am I now awaking in the daylight hours ?

Who you telling? All this medical crap has me getting up at hours when I'm just used to going to bed. I'm going to be a hot mess when I get back to work!!

Well, I did it again. Took a tumble going into CVS :(

DUDE!! For real??? Doncha think it's time to get that balance of yours checked?? Whatcha gonna do? Wait til you break something???

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
Well, I did it again. Took a tumble going into CVS to pick up my pain meds. If I hadn't rolled with it I would definitely broken something. As it is I'm all bruised up. Tripped on the curb and splayed out on the sidewalk in front of the door. The bus from the nursing home had just pulled up and if it wasn't for the driver and one of the old men I might still be laying there. Hit my right knee, left foot, left palm, right side of right hand and my right elbow. Little sore but, I've got 2 motrin and one of my pain pill kickers in me. Odds, are I'm going to be sore as hell tomorrow. Oh and my right hip. I rolled with it like they taught me in SEER school cept then I was 20 and now I'm 58 with really bad osteoarthritis. Oops! :(
Matt, ya gotta stop doing that! Seems to be happening more and more. Please get it checked out! We need ya in one piece!

And legs, hope all goes well with your dear wife!

Rotowoman

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2014
Louisiana
My trip to the hospital did NOT start out well this morning. I had to be there at 7:30 this morning, and it's been so long that I haven't driven in the city at that hour that I forgot that traffic is straight from hell!! Six miles from the house took 30 minutes.

I get to the hospital and can't find a doggone place to park in SPITE of the 6 floor new parking garage they just built! Snuck into a spot that was just vacated on my way back out. Oh, and I forgot to mention, it was raining. I get inside the building and find registration. Really??? Really?? You want me here at 7:30 for an 8 am appointment, and you have TWO people doing registration??? Then I get in registration and they tell me I needed to be checked in at "Information" first??? All this after some young lady cut in front of me.

By this time, I'm taking deep breaths in and silently saying to myself, "Woosah........Woosah". Thankfully I wasn't there long since I was already in their system.

Thankfully I wasn't upstairs long. They gave me a pill and told me to come back in 4 hours. So I was able to come home and get some things done before going back. This time I left 45 minutes ahead. :D Took my time and napped through the scan. I have to be back up there tomorrow morning by 8am. :-x At least I won't have to go through registration again. :w00t:

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
By this time, I'm taking deep breaths in and silently saying to myself, "Woosah........Woosah".

Can I get that in Cajunese, please .. ?? :) .. it's been so long since you spoke Cajun for me .. and you never call or write .. ;)

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
PA
Well, I'm sure it would have made an amusing YouTube video .. "Old Man Flailing in Mid Air as Onlooker Watches in Shocked Hilarity" ..

The thing is, You Know Your Old When the Ladies Don't Look at You at All (YKYOWLDLAYAA) .. so, there is that .. ;)
Uhmmmm......don't think you've reached that point just yet.....;)

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Fried with onions

Last stinkie 10/15/2013

What is that .. ?? Some sort of obtuse Hannibal Lecter reference .. ??

gtzld.jpg

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL
I tripped over the curb. To be honest th CVS back in Virginia looks almost the same cept no curb. Maybe it was just muscle memory. I remember lookin down thought so who knows. Definitely need to slow down. I was pretty much trotting in from the parking lot. Thanks for the concern. I'll get looked at if it keeps up. I have an appointment with my GP when we get back in Virginia.

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
PA

Just an obscure song to subreference th Woolworths angle from an artist I rather like.

:thumbs: I've always liked Nanci as well.......and............

OldHippy.....if you're out there lurking...miss you......this one is going out for you in particular.....

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
Well, I did it again. Took a tumble going into CVS to pick up my pain meds.

Day-um, Matt! Are we gonna have to put ya back on-board to get your 'gyroscope' re-calibrated?

You're starting to scare us...

If all goes well I am thinking of building a Kanthal subohm coil in one of my Kangers just for the heck of it and blow some clouds.

Don't wanna think of da possible alternative!

.. I did catch her smile at me in a sympathetic way as I mumbled something .. ;) .. nothing bruised but my ego .. ;)

C'on Willie, ya know she wanted ya, but didn't have da med insurance fer your recovery (Bro JD isn't covered by da Medicare nor da ACA).

Very Judy Collins like. Like-a-lot! Thanx...

Ya know your old when ya think ya missed 'em lookin'...
Rockingchair.gif

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
My brother and I had a competition which one of us could grab the newest issue first. Good magazine.
I used to read it when I came across a copy. When we visited family on vacations I'd snag all my boy cousins back copies & read all of them. I actually asked for a subscription & my mother told me it wasn't for girls. Like there was nothing in there a girl could possibly need to know, or be interested in, or as if there was anything similar for girls. All girl stuff consisted of was hair, makeup, cooking, & sewing. Not a bit interesting.

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
I used to read it when I came across a copy. When we visited family on vacations I'd snag all my boy cousins back copies & read all of them. I actually asked for a subscription & my mother told me it wasn't for girls. Like there was nothing in there a girl could possibly need to know, or be interested in, or as if there was anything similar for girls. All girl stuff consisted of was hair, makeup, cooking, & sewing. Not a bit interesting.
We've come a long way!!!! :cool: Too bad we missed out. :cry:

oldbroad

don't need no dang title..I'm queen of the world!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.
I had always thought if I lived alone and had a dog, the perfect one for me would be a Cavalier King Charles since they're very low energy. I've wondered about that, but I'd have to learn to shave it down, wouldn't want to keep it in full coat. Wonder if it might help Frankie be less stubborn and Frankie might help it be a bit more energetic, that would be priceless. Papillons have too much coat and I wouldn't wanna shave em down. But KKC may be a contender.

I DO live alone but if I ever have a dog again it would have to be a German Shepard, simply cuz I adore them, love them to pieces, I think they're the most beautiful dog in the world!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread