Not open for further replies.

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
If someone is saying he is doing 18 subohm is a flat lie or just trying to be a ......, its not a good decision.

I sub ohm at 15 mg/ml and pretty much chain vape when I'm not working. That is not a lie and I have no desire to be mentally challenged in any way. I really wish I could be happy vaping lower nic levels, it would make my zombie apocalypse stash last much longer, but below 15 my wife is ready to put me out of the house.

Please learn to accept that different people have different tolerances (and needs) for nic.

:thumb:

postembr2

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2013
I sub ohm at 15 mg/ml and pretty much chain vape when I'm not working. That is not a lie and I have no desire to be mentally challenged in any way. I really wish I could be happy vaping lower nic levels, it would make my zombie apocalypse stash last much longer, but below 15 my wife is ready to put me out of the house.

Its a really pretty volume, how much Watts you use? Surely you can be a point out of curve, but the majority of people will not be able to vape at high wattage high nicotine.

postembr2

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2013
Please learn to accept that different people have different tolerances (and needs) for nic.

I believe you are making the same sort of terminology mistake that the OP did, except you're over-generalizing what it means to "Sub-Ohm" while he was over-generalizing what it means to "Drip".

Yeah sorry, its misleading, but sub ohm usually translate into high wattage because i dont see many people doing 0.5 ohm resistance on 1V.
If you consider 3V a median low value for battery input on 0.5, it would give already 18W.

If OP was doing 0.2 ohm as he said, on lets say, 3.5V, it would be around 60W, i dont think subtank can properly wet the wicks at this thermal magnitude. Doing repeteadely dry puffs could had worsened his condition.

Reactions: Rossum

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
Its a really pretty volume, how much Watts you use? Surely you can be a point out of curve, but the majority of people will not be able to vape at high wattage high nicotine.

.3 ohms on a mech so 50 W +/- on a fully charged battery. I go through about 10-12 ml of juice per day.

I will say that when I've let the cloud chasing employees at a local shop hit one of mine, they do turn a little green.

Reactions: Tagi

postembr2

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2013
.3 ohms on a mech so 50 W +/- on a fully charged battery. I go through about 10-12 ml of juice per day.

I will say that when I've let the cloud chasing employees at a local shop hit one of mine, they do turn a little green.

Obviously you probably used to smoke before right? How much you used to smoke?
I think there is also the tolerance factor, ie, if you keep vaping higher nicotine your body adapts to it. I remember vaping 24mg on evods, it was hard at first, just a puff and was woozy, after some tanks i was doing it a lot. A nice thing about high nicotine is that you really feels a great kick.

Elizabeth Baldwin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
I think there is also the tolerance factor, ie, if you keep vaping higher nicotine your body adapts to it. I remember vaping 24mg on evods, it was hard at first, just a puff and was woozy, after some tanks i was doing it a lot. A nice thing about high nicotine is that you really feels a great kick.

You should ask my husband what he drips? And at what wattage! I take one puff from his and feel like I've been punched in the throat.

Every person who vapes has different needs and tolerances. Just because you "think" nobody can do this or that doesn't make it true.

I can't vape what my husband drips, but he chain vapes it at high wattage and enjoys it. He's been doing that for a few years too. He also uses subohm tanks. He vapes those at high nic and high wattage... and TC at times. I subohm but only at 3 or 6mg nic. I can't do the high nic stuff. It causes me to get a head rush.

I smoked more than he did (when we smoked) but he vapes much higher Nic than me... so I don't think how much you smoked correlates to what you vape. It's all a matter of preference and taste. You can't compare your experience to another, because everyone is different.

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL

Yes, I smoked at least a pack a day of reds for about 27 years, at some points up to 3 packs per day.

Tolerance definitely plays a role but there are too many reports of vapers lowering their nic and eventually vaping 0 nic or quitting all together for that to be the whole story. Due to starting at an early age (13) and smoking for so long I believe in my case it would better be described as dependence.

Reactions: Rossum

Elizabeth Baldwin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
Yes, I smoked at least a pack a day of reds for about 27 years, at some points up to 3 packs per day.

Tolerance definitely plays a role but there are too many reports of vapers lowering their nic and eventually vaping 0 nic or quitting all together for that to be the whole story. Due to starting at an early age (15) and smoking for so long I believe in my case it would better be described as dependence.

But see it's different for everyone. I smoked well over 2 packs a day and started out at 12mg and it was just way way too much nic for me. I went down to 6mg instantly. After a few months I dropped to 3 and have enjoyed that perfectly. I think every person is different. We all have different levels of tolerance and needs. On the other hand, my husband smoked 2 packs a day and also started out at 12mg but it wasn't enough for him. He had to up his nic to feel satisfied. He eventually tapered off at 24mg and stayed there for a year. He only slighly lowered his about a year ago. He's at 12 now.

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
But see it's different for everyone. I smoked well over 2 packs a day and started out at 12mg and it was just way way too much nic for me. I went down to 6mg instantly. After a few months I dropped to 3 and have enjoyed that perfectly. I think every person is different. We all have different levels of tolerance and needs. On the other hand, my husband smoked 2 packs a day and also started out at 12mg but it wasn't enough for him. He had to up his nic to feel satisfied. He eventually tapered off at 24mg and stayed there for a year. He only slighly lowered his about a year ago. He's at 12 now.

I agree 100%

I had to go up to 36 mg/ml, using a cig alike over 5 years ago, to be able to quit smoking all together. I had worked down to 6 mg/ml at one point with the intention of going 0 nic and eventually quitting all together. At 6 I wasn't getting any satisfaction (insert musical interlude here) and my wife asked one day if I had changed anything as I was apparently not much fun to be around. I told her I had lowered my nicotine level and she said "you may want to consider bumping it back up".

Everyone's tolerance/dependence is different due to differing physical/physiological make up. I have some underlying depression/anxiety issues (which run in my family but I believe were aggravated by early nicotine use) that complicate the issue.

Gbdrywall

Verified Member
May 18, 2009
north liberty,iowa
Yea this is the point. I used to (and still prefer) to vape 18mg @ 6W or 12 @ 10@ because i dont like much vapor volume (and mainly use PG), and i prefer a higher nicotine kick. The only time i tried 18mg (and this from a 2,5 pack day ex smoker) on my kayfun around 7W, i stopped doing it, not because it was frying my lungs, but because i was getting too woozy and restless.

You need to be some kind of superman to subohm 18mg, its just overwhelming, you probably will end knocked out. Its the same to inhale an entire cigar.

Also, i never read people doing sub ohm on such high nics. All the people and videos i see on sub ohm people usually do without nic or very low amounts, 1-6mg. If someone is saying he is doing 18 subohm is a flat lie or just trying to be a ......, its not a good decision.

i have stated that my wife and i use 36mg and we use stm occ coils at .5,we go through about 4-5ml a day.all of the local store employees say we are crazy but its what we are used to.we were both heavy smokers before this vaping and we have been vaping for nearly seven years now.what would we gain by lying about this?

Elizabeth Baldwin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
i have stated that my wife and i use 36mg and we use stm occ coils at .5,we go through about 4-5ml a day.all of the local store employees say we are crazy but its what we are used to.we were both heavy smokers before this vaping and we have been vaping for nearly seven years now.what would we gain by lying about this?

I think some imagine other's are just like them! But in this world we have a variety of different people. Just because one person can't subohm or drip high nic doesn't mean others can't! If it keeps someone off of cigarettes then good for them. People make blanket statements without really knowing the true facts.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
I think the important takeaway from this thread is, everyone is different, find what works for you. Most importantly, pay attention to your body, if something is painful, stop or adjust. If something makes you woozy, stop or adjust. It's not always easy to know the cause of something, but it's never a good idea to assume something is normal and power through, when it's obviously uncomfortable for you.

crixer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2011
Atlanta
I just read through this entire thread. I really hope for the best and your condition improves.

I have a few questions if you wouldn't mind answering:

what line of work are you in?
where do you live?
do you live near any manufacturing (closed or still in operation)?
Did you m2l or just take lung hits?
Didn't 18mg nic make you feel sick? ( I was a very heavy smoker and even when I started vaping, 18mg would make me nic od)

btw doesn't blueberry contain d naturally or part of the receipe?

gwapes6

Account closed on request
Aug 12, 2015
@crixer I appreciate the kind words but you say you read the entire thread. If you had you would see that i've answered all of your questions already. As of writing this my entire right lung is gone and the left is not doing very well either. So please understand that I can't just pop on here every time someone wants to ask the same repeat questions that have been addressed already. But for you and everyone else from here on out with questions I will answer them.

1. Being 28 my work history is not very extensive. I've only ever worked as a software developer with the exception of a short 8 month venture working at a local carls jr when I was in high school.
2. I live in Long Beach California in the very expensive upscale part. Not remotely near any polluting factories if any exist.
3. " "
4. M2L at first, direct lung afterwards to avoid the harshness (As recommended by many people in this forum). 90% of my time was lung hits high wattage and sub ohm.
5. Not sick, but I did have some adverse reactions when I first started such as some stomach disturbances/ one episode of rapid heartbeat.
6. I don't know what you're talking about with the blueberry question.

Bottom line: I vaped 18 mg flavorless juice most of my time vaping. .3 ohms on a mechanical mod before moving to a IPv3 with a SubTank + at 1.2 ohms and 25 watts.
The problem with this thread is the amount of people making assumptions. The MAIN problem however with this thread and community is the sickening amount of double standards of what information the hive mind of this site will find acceptable. People here will almost always reject a person's experience if it at all seems remotely threatening to the steadfast belief that vaping is harmless in any and all forms. The ignorance is literally at a religious level. This community wants scientific studies but doesn't see the irony when they themselves interject their own opinions and assumptions and accept them as fact as a desperate attempt to preserve the narrative that allows them to continue with their habit guilt free.

So far there has been a few people that have actually looked at the way that I vaped and the frequency and have agreed that what I did was astronomically too high and likely did cause the damage to my lungs that I claim. THe ignorant hivemind of this site will never understand that my lung damage is not about the 'act' of vaping but instead is about the frequency in which I vaped. But like many of my posts on this matter, it will fall on deaf ears except for the intelligent few who have ACTUALLY READ what i've had to say and have above par critical thinking skills.

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
@crixer I appreciate the kind words but you say you read the entire thread. If you had you would see that i've answered all of your questions already. As of writing this my entire right lung is gone and the left is not doing very well either. So please understand that I can't just pop on here every time someone wants to ask the same repeat questions that have been addressed already. But for you and everyone else from here on out with questions I will answer them.

1. Being 28 my work history is not very extensive. I've only ever worked as a software developer with the exception of a short 8 month venture working at a local carls jr when I was in high school.
2. I live in Long Beach California in the very expensive upscale part. Not remotely near any polluting factories if any exist.
3. " "
4. M2L at first, direct lung afterwards to avoid the harshness (As recommended by many people in this forum). 90% of my time was lung hits high wattage and sub ohm.
5. Not sick, but I did have some adverse reactions when I first started such as some stomach disturbances/ one episode of rapid heartbeat.
6. I don't know what you're talking about with the blueberry question.

Bottom line: I vaped 18 mg flavorless juice most of my time vaping. .3 ohms on a mechanical mod before moving to a IPv3 with a SubTank + at 1.2 ohms and 25 watts.
The problem with this thread is the amount of people making assumptions. The MAIN problem however with this thread and community is the sickening amount of double standards of what information the hive mind of this site will find acceptable. People here will almost always reject a person's experience if it at all seems remotely threatening to the steadfast belief that vaping is harmless in any and all forms. The ignorance is literally at a religious level. This community wants scientific studies but doesn't see the irony when they themselves interject their own opinions and assumptions and accept them as fact as a desperate attempt to preserve the narrative that allows them to continue with their habit guilt free.

So far there has been a few people that have actually looked at the way that I vaped and the frequency and have agreed that what I did was astronomically too high and likely did cause the damage to my lungs that I claim. THe ignorant hivemind of this site will never understand that my lung damage is not about the 'act' of vaping but instead is about the frequency in which I vaped. But like many of my posts on this matter, it will fall on deaf ears except for the intelligent few who have ACTUALLY READ what i've had to say and have above par critical thinking skills.
You seem to be unable to accept the fact that you are a single data point. Unless and until a number of similar data points show up no one can assume that your experience is anything other than extremely rare and atypical.

It is good that you reported your data point here but it is wrong to ASSUME your case is inevitable.

crixer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2011
Atlanta
Blueberry q was just about the levels/presence of diacetyl. I think I read somewhere a while back that blueberry flavored juice needed to be avoided.

I am sure vaping isn't 100% safe when I recoil/wick. There is tons of buildup and gunk. I am not sure about my lung capacity since I vaped for 3 or 4 years then went back to smoking for the last year. I am 2 months into my quit and I do feel 1000% better but I am so out of shape that I get winded walking a short distance. I, too, am a fat ....... so I am sure that plays a role in this. I do know that if I continue to smoke, it will kill me faster than vaping. I don't plan to vape forever.

I am a low watt/volt m2l analog quitter. I have always been that way (except for back in the day with 6v on a silver bullet and 3ohm 510 attys). I have vaped juices that tasted great but felt "were not very good for me" so I learned what worked for me by listening to what my body was telling me. I was never under any illusion that vaping was safe. You are right, one person's common sense isn't the same as another.

The human body is pretty much just a massive chemical reaction. I believe that it is possible that your condition could be the result of vaping. Even though you vaped only a short while and only vaped around a ml per day. You must have only been taking a few hits per day. I wouldn't be able to sub-ohm 18mg nic at all. The few times I have tried sub-ohm vaping, 3mg was so harsh for me, I couldn't inhale it. I think if I forced myself to do it, I would have probably gotten used to it, but I would think that I would be doing damage to my lungs.

My brother-in-law is insane, he vapes 120ml a week @100watts on a snow wolf. I took a hit and almost vomited. It was like drinking eliquid. Even smelling the massive vapor cloud, I could taste the juice like I pulled a m2l low watt hit. It doesn't seem to bother him however (for the short term anyway), and he is in the military and runs miles and miles everyday.

I wish you the best and hope you are enjoying yourself to the best of your ability right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread