Not open for further replies.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I got on this to improve my health, not act as an unpaid guinea pig. You want to release untested gear to the community, pay us for the service we are currently providing as your de facto R&D department

Ain't gonna happen--this is a fast growing and still (thank God) unregulated industry and the competition is fierce. There's really no time for beta testing. We are the beta testers--has always been like that, whether we like it or not. Some vapers are happy to serve as unpaid beta testers--Tibs and VG and yours truly, just to name a few. :lol:

But if you're not, the solution is very simple; don't be an early adopter. Don't buy version 1 of anything, ever. It's a beta version. Wait for the feedback from good reviewers (blogs, YouTube, fellow vapers on this forum) and for subsequent improvements--V2, V3 and so on.

Good luck!

Last edited:

100%VG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
Starbase 12 near Risa
can't find fault with that statement but, unfortunately, it's been like that from the get-go which for me was back in 2010. now, i've rarely been one of the early adopters but i've watched this cycle repeat itself over and over again ;)
This is why they should work with reviewers and very technically oriented people. I work directly with one e-cig manufacturer in China. They send me (and other reviewers) a near-release version and ask for comments and suggestions... and they listen seriously to what we say. Sometimes we get a Prototype before that.

Some of these people will put out something of a review on a Prototype (I've seen the videos), but I don't think that's fair at all. It is a Pre-Release item for Testing and Feedback purposes. What I (and most of the others) do is simply give them the feedback and wait to do the review on the Production version. I'd love to have that relationship with any who would welcome it, but so far, it's only one. I have been a juice Tester for one e-juice label here in the USA, when they started their 100% VG and PG-Free lines.

This e-cig manufacturer also sends me all the documentation they have that will be Published publically for me to put into proper English for them. I spell check, fix grammar, and reword some things to make better sense. In their last 2 products, they used everything I sent them. In the last product, they missed only one correction, but they did use everything else. I told them what they had missed so they could correct it in the Manual.

On their last product, I even did testing on the built-in battery. I found it weak, suggested things that could be done (including better fittings and conductive materials), told them of various lower-quality battery types which could cause that, and suggested a battery quality type that would be better to use. I found some wobble in a fitting area between the Mod and Tank, and told them. I can't remember everything right now, but I gave them a list of 5 things to look at.They took all of them into consideration and released a very nice Mod & Tank Kit. I still have my Prototype and a Production version. I gave one away to a new Vaper.

100%VG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
Starbase 12 near Risa
what the hell is this witchcraft?
If it was witchcraft, they'd simply cast a spell to make you Love it.
laugh.gif

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
I just recieved the vappresso target kit today.
So far I've vaped half a tank, using the pre installed kanthal coil....and dang it all, flavor is simply outstanding! I mean game changer level outstanding. Zero wick flavor, pure juice goodness.
The airflow is less then a tfv4....on par with tanks like ego one and kanger sub tanks. In the coming week I'll start a full review...but so far I'm extremely impressed

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
This is why they should work with reviewers and very technically oriented people. I work directly with one e-cig manufacturer in China. They send me (and other reviewers) a near-release version and ask for comments and suggestions... and they listen seriously to what we say. Sometimes we get a Prototype before that.

Some of these people will put out something of a review on a Prototype (I've seen the videos), but I don't think that's fair at all. It is a Pre-Release item for Testing and Feedback purposes. What I (and most of the others) do is simply give them the feedback and wait to do the review on the Production version. I'd love to have that relationship with any who would welcome it, but so far, it's only one. I have been a Juice Tester for one e-juice label here in the USA, when they started their 100% VG and PG-Free lines.

This e-cig manufacturer also sends me all the documentation they have that will be Published publically for me to put into proper English for them. I spell check, fix grammar, and reword some things to make better sense. In their last 2 products, they used everything I sent them. In the last product, they missed only one correction, but they did use everything else. I told them what they had missed so they could correct it in the Manual.

On their last product, I even did testing on the built-in battery. I found it weak, suggested things that could be done (including better fittings and conductive materials), told them of various lower-quality battery types which could cause that, and suggested a battery quality type that would be better to use. I found some wobble in a fitting area between the Mod and Tank, and told them. I can't remember everything right now, but I gave them a list of 5 things to look at.They took all of them into consideration and released a very nice Mod & Tank Kit. I still have my Prototype and a Production version. I gave one away to a new Vaper.

Personally, I would love to see every China-based vape company do exactly what you are doing. I actually wrote about this exact thing in one of my Marketing classes last week. The sooner the language barrier can be bridged and the more input a company is willing to accept from its US-based customers the better it will do in the long run. What you are doing sounds like a dream job, lol! :) I wholeheartedly agree that prototypes should be sent to beta testers and changes made BEFORE reviewers get them. Beta testers are way more knowledgeable (at least they SHOULD be!!!) about the mechanics and whatnot than the average vaper but it's the average vaper who ends up finding out the hard way about what it all means--by purchasing a faulty device. As fast as these products come out, care still needs to be taken early to release a fully functioning product or it will flop and that's much more costly than heading off problems before release.

There are some products I want to try early on (like this one) and some I am happy to take a wait-and-see approach. It's too bad so many of them have to have a V2 release just weeks after V1 is released.

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
I just recieved the vappresso target kit today.
So far I've vaped half a tank, using the pre installed kanthal coil....and dang it all, flavor is simply outstanding! I mean game changer level outstanding. Zero wick flavor, pure juice goodness.
The airflow is less then a tfv4....on par with tanks like ego one and kanger sub tanks. In the coming week I'll start a full review...but so far I'm extremely impressed
You too?! Dang it, I think I am the only one still waiting! DHL is holding mine hostage in Seattle for no good reason. grrrr.
DHL.PNG

Contrary to DHL's opinion, rain is not a "Force Majeure event with Weather," lol. It's a way of life! :D

stylemessiah

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2015
Sydney, Australia
They should send me gear, im extremely hard to please (ask my local B&M store owner:) ), and brutally honest, pretty much entirely rational and i cant be bought (being on "the spectrum" does come in handy sometimes).

Too many "youtube reviewers" getting free sh#t and padding out their vape cabinets.

Unfortunately too may people start youtube channels to do vape reviews to get free gear, and dont represent or represent to the bulk of us.

There are only a small number of people who really review well: Pbusardo, DJLsb Vapes and Todd (mostly because hes like me, likes a simple life/vape and is a cheeky monkey) off the top of my head. Pretty much the rest seem to do the "look what i got for free", sitting in front of a huge vape cabinet of also free stuff, read out the specs and spout the brochure, rinse and repeat the next time something comes out.

They do nothing for the bulk of vapers <- i said it.

Last edited:

GemInEye

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2015
Somewhere In PA
It's really hard to know what the end product will look like. I love pink mods but I know to not base my color expectations off of a picture. Good thing I am not picky about mah pink! :D I really like the brighter pink one but I like the pearlescence of the lighter pink one in the bottom picture, too. I would be good with either a matching door or a black one, and if Vaporesso decides to offer separate doors, I could see getting a couple of different colors to change things up!
I had to find this thread thru Google cause i cant find anything on Tapatalk... But the lighter pink is what i think they are calling rose gold. While i have three pink mods and my favorite color is purple I'm still trying to choose between rose gold and purple....i still don't have a purple mod.

Sent via Tapayappin

GemInEye

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2015
Somewhere In PA
You too?! Dang it, I think I am the only one still waiting! DHL is holding mine hostage in Seattle for no good reason. grrrr.
View attachment 510839
Contrary to DHL's opinion, rain is not a "Force Majeure event with Weather," lol. It's a way of life! :D
That is crazy, I've never seen that before. But i also have only ever gotten something from DHL once... Can we blame it on them?

Sent via Tapayappin

Reactions: cooladdict

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
That is crazy, I've never seen that before. But i also have only ever gotten something from DHL once... Can we blame it on them?

Sent via Tapayappin
Sure! That's what I figure, too. They don't usually deliver to my area anyway. The pulled out of here a few years ago and almost always hand off to the post office for the last leg, but since it's Christmas I was wondering if they are holding some stuff until they get enough items to make a delivery here. I think the last time I got something from an actual DHL truck was last Christmas.

100%VG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
Starbase 12 near Risa
Hello Friends,

I have been in touch with Heaven Gifts. They are aware of the problems I experienced with my Target Kit and asked me to go into detail about it with them, so I did. They believe that what I received was "a little defective." So they have agreed to send me another one, but cannot say exactly when that might be. This is because the Vaporesso items are still in a Pre-Order status, so that could be why some of you have not received your contest winnings yet, too. If you have not received Tracking info yet, you will.

As soon as I get mine, I will let you know. Then I will start using it right away again as the only setup I use to give it extensive testing. I will be getting the same Kit that will be for sale to everyone else. So this will be a very fair report to go by. I'll even use different juices this time for a good while, and then try those two again to see if they still clog up a cCell. I hope to be getting a cCell 5-Pack of both types, too.

Some of you talked about DHL. There is not a DHL here, either. My Heaven Gifts items go to Northwest Louisiana with DHL where the Post Office gets them. Then they go to New Orleans to be shipped to me in Central Louisiana. But I always get them and in a very reasonable amount of time. So please stay patient and you will get your winnings, too.

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
Hello Friends,

I have been in touch with Heaven Gifts. They are aware of the problems I experienced with my Target Kit and asked me to go into detail about it with them, so I did. They believe that what I received was "a little defective." So they have agreed to send me another one, but cannot say exactly when that might be. This is because the Vaporesso items are still in a Pre-Order status, so that could be why some of you have not received your contest winnings yet, too. If you have not received Tracking info yet, you will.

As soon as I get mine, I will let you know. Then I will start using it right away again as the only setup I use to give it extensive testing. I will be getting the same Kit that will be for sale to everyone else. So this will be a very fair report to go by. I'll even use different juices this time for a good while, and then try those two again to see if they still clog up a cCell. I hope to be getting a cCell 5-Pack of both types, too.

Some of you talked about DHL. There is not a DHL here, either. My Heaven Gifts items go to Northwest Louisiana with DHL where the Post Office gets them. Then they go to New Orleans to be shipped to me in Central Louisiana. But I always get them and in a very reasonable amount of time. So please stay patient and you will get your winnings, too.
That's great, VG! I am so glad you will be able to test drive a market product. I had a feeling the coils were not really representative of the finished product. :) I am sure my Target will be here tomorrow. It was handed off for delivery which, apparently, means it went to the post office in Seattle. I have never had a package handed off that early before. It's usually handed off about 20 miles from here, while Seattle is about 100. DHL used to deliver here much more frequently, so this is new territory for me. I am fine now that I know what is actually going on. Still not sure about that weather hold from the other day, though. :D At any rate, I should have my mod and tank in hand tomorrow around noon! :banana:

100%VG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
Starbase 12 near Risa
That's great, VG! I am so glad you will be able to test drive a market product. I had a feeling the coils were not really representative of the finished product. :) I am sure my Target will be here tomorrow. It was handed off for delivery which, apparently, means it went to the post office in Seattle. I have never had a package handed off that early before. It's usually handed off about 20 miles from here, while Seattle is about 100. DHL used to deliver here much more frequently, so this is new territory for me. I am fine now that I know what is actually going on. Still not sure about that weather hold from the other day, though. :D At any rate, I should have my mod and tank in hand tomorrow around noon! :banana:
Looking forward to your impressions. :)

Reactions: cooladdict

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
Hand check time!!! I got my Vaporesso Target kit today. My first impression is that I am going to LOVE sintered coils. I was not prepared for just how much better my juice tastes through a ceramic coil. I have gone through one tank (got caught up watching the horrible incident in San Bernardino. Prayers for that community) already. I loaded a Vape Wild juice fresh out of the box and, unbelievably, I noticed right away that it definitely needs to steep. I can taste every flavor nuance in this juice (Dutch Apple Pie). Not that that's a bad thing, by any means, but I definitely don't get this much detail from a new bottle on a new cotton coil. I am getting ready to load a totally different flavor (Butterbeer) into it to see how much of the old juice stays in the ceramic coil, if there is any trace left, and how long it takes to get a clean Butterbeer taste from it.

The mod is LITTLE. I am still getting used to it. My instinct is to use my thumb to press the fire button, which works just fine but feels awkward. I think that's because I am left-handed because when I switch to my right hand I hold it correctly automatically. I am working on picking it up correctly, with the grip in the palm of my hand, right now. I think I will get there. :D

My preinstalled kanthal coil is reading at .87 ohms, which was surprising. I thought it would be much closer to .5. I changed it to TC to raise the temperature and when I pressed the fire button the mod immediately switched back to wattage mode, so for the moment the automatic coil sensor is working perfectly. After seeing a review where the reviewer was having trouble with that I wanted to test it out and I will continue to do so. Hopefully it works perfectly every time. I don't know when I will get around to playing with the titanium coil but I doubt I will wait until this one dies. Maybe this weekend I will swap them out and test drive it.

Anyway, very first impression is that I am impressed with the ceramic sintered cCoil. Very impressed. I am curious to see how it holds up over time.
vaporesso2.PNG
vaporesso3.PNG
vaporesso.PNG
Veporesso3.PNG

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
I agree 100% on being able to tell a liquid needs more steeping :)

Airflow adjustment is very simple, doesn't take too much force ( my kanger stm is brutal, pliers and rubber bottle cap grip, though no way will that tank's airflow change by accident :) )

I'm really enjoying the flavor off of this, super clean at 20w. My kanthal head is reading 0.89 ohms, spot on for a nominal 0.9.

The pv seems to be running fine, pretty intuitive. This is an at home or the office unit for me; I wouldn't want to detract from its looks with a lanyard or silicone case like I use with my carry- around gear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread