OBS Crius RTA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankDaTank

Nov 22, 2015
I've gone up to 80 watts. It gets hot but it can prolly handle some more. As far as the wicking goes it sounds like your doing it right. I've had some luck not tapering the ends but rather laying the cotton above the channel and slightly pushing it in enough to just see a little cotton in the juice holes. The trick I found is making sure your cotton is dense enough to plug the channel without having to be jammed in there. I'm waiting on some Clapton wire but I'm running 26g twisted build 5 wraps slightly spaced @ 0.21ohm. Great flavor. Can handle high wattage.

izen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2013
Northeast
@ jj6404 - I wasn't suggesting you do a Scottish roll. Simply preparing the wick so it's less dense... and only if you were by chance, choking the coil - which apparently, you're not. Maybe just not feeding the coil by not having enough of the tails in the holes. Anyway, from what you've posted, surely, you'll figure it out. Dry hits aren't an issue for me with the Crius. I do dislike it a lot when any liquid seeps out, from anywhere, and mine sometimes sweats a little. Bothers me.

I feel similar to you though. The Crown is excellent, but I can't see needing to stock & feed it pre-made coils. I'd rather roll my own. The Crown rba works ok, but the Crius is far better as an RTL. I'm finding I like drippers the best of all. A surprise for me. Never thought I'd get into them but ya know, with a deep well, you can get 30 to 50 pulls off one before needing to re-drip. I don't see a problem dripping & driving that way, but for some who spend all day behind the wheel, I guess it could be.

cricque

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Well my v3 came in yesterday, I immediately checked if it was cracked. And it wasnt, so now I have a black v1 and a black v3

V1 i bought in the UK and v3 comes from gearbest (ordered around 11 November). Perhaps they had some bad batches or so. Seems weird that so many people are receiving cracked ones

But I can only be happy about this tank. Thinking about selling my zephyrus/orchid v4 clone, since they are just picking up dust

But they need to get there qc under control or alot of people will step away from buying OBS products
I understand you can't check all atomizers, and stuff can happen with shipping. Or just raise the price a bit of a crius and get things sorted out. This tank is worth it's price, even if the price would be 5 to 10$ more or so. Thats my opinion about it

mtbason35

ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2014
North Carolina
Is this as thirsty as 4 example tfv4 and Uwell Crown?

Skickat från min D6503 via Tapatalk
Only as thirsty as you build it. Most of the recent RTA's have continued with the trend of allowing for more and more power. Larger air holes, bigger build decks, etc.. I do not own a tfv4 but do have the crown, when I build my own coils I tend to stay around 50 to 70 watts, sometimes lower. With the crown .25 coils I was running at 100 watts easy and seemed to be going through juice twice as fast.

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
I know the Scottish roll and i think it was meant fit rdas and it also reduces flavor or so I've heard.

Anyway, I know I'm not choking the coil. I'm pretty experienced with building and like I said I've used so little ... cotton that i thought it would leak for sure. Maybe I am not putting enough of the ends in the circles. I've been trying to just have the very tips in the circles. I'll try once again tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am using it as a single coil atty right now and it easily handles 50 watts. With dual coils it will obviously handle much higher watts. You just need a little to go into the channels but nothing going into the circles...that's whats chocking it off. This is easiest atty to build and wick....it is very forgiving.

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
Well my v3 came in yesterday, I immediately checked if it was cracked. And it wasnt, so now I have a black v1 and a black v3

V1 i bought in the UK and v3 comes from gearbest (ordered around 11 November). Perhaps they had some bad batches or so. Seems weird that so many people are receiving cracked ones

But I can only be happy about this tank. Thinking about selling my zephyrus/orchid v4 clone, since they are just picking up dust

But they need to get there qc under control or alot of people will step away from buying OBS products
I understand you can't check all atomizers, and stuff can happen with shipping. Or just raise the price a bit of a crius and get things sorted out. This tank is worth it's price, even if the price would be 5 to 10$ more or so. Thats my opinion about it

I totally agree.....I've only had this atty 5 days now....and hands down this is the best in my collection. If OBS doesn't get their QC in check other manufacturers will copy the Crius and eat their lunch. Already their are atties coming out that are copying the design of the Crius.

Greeneagle

Verified Member
Aug 9, 2015
Sent an email to wetvapes about the cracked insulator couple of days ago. Got no response, but called today. They stated they never got my email, but they apologized and stated they are not sure why it was never received. They stated that they will send a replacement base right away. Even though they stated they never got my email, they were very apologetic and took care of my needs right away. So far great customer service from wetvapes. We'll see how fast I get my new base. I'll update once I receive it, but so far very impressed with their customer service.

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
First clone I've seen:

Screenshot 2015-12-02 at 11.54.30 AM.png

$16.51 Crius Styled RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer - 5ml / stainless steel + glass / 22mm dia. at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
I got my black Crius from Fasttech today. No crack cracked insulator. Four or five refills (yes, I've vaped heavily today) and no leaking whatsoever. Loving it! Also the only atty that fits flush on my Waidea flask with the fixed 510 pin. Will need to order a ss Crius to match my silver flask.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

Roadtrip635

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Texas

Roadtrip635

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Texas
Don't jinx it lol.
Ain't it great when it works right. :banana:
There are times when the clone makers actually make a better version than the original. I'm crossing my fingers that my authentic will be one of the lucky ones, but will keep an eye on the clone for sure. I got the SS, but also wanted a black version, so I'm in a wait and see mode....

Reactions: freedogg

arh32

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2012
Destin FL
There are times when the clone makers actually make a better version than the original. I'm crossing my fingers that my authentic will be one of the lucky ones, but will keep an eye on the clone for sure. I got the SS, but also wanted a black version, so I'm in a wait and see mode....
Me too...will be here Sat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread