Not open for further replies.

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
UD (Youde?) Goblin Mini---

GARBAGE.

Built it ok. It's like building a dripper, but then it has a chimney like a Kayfun (RyBryLawDudeGuy could do it)...
Once the tank filled (from the bottom, through a screw port, like a KFL), I turn it over to vape it...
LEEEEEEAAAAAAK CITAAAYYY!

Granted, I built two 1.5 ohm 28g coils, which makes for a .75 ohm build, and I only fired it at 15 watts, or 3.4 volts...

So I was probably not burning the juice fast enough to keep up with the wicking/juice feed.

I think though, the leaks happened because of the connection between the upper and lower chimney halves (again, like a Kayfun). This thing only grabs like 1-1.5 threads before the glass is too tall to allow any more connection.
That's gotta be the weak point.

But, I'll keep it around for when I get my STEALTH RADIUS!!!
At least then, I can use 26g wire, and build me a nice 1 ohm coil, and fire it at 20-something-watts!

WOULD I RECOMMEND THIS DEVICE?
Eye-unno?!!!? [emoji848]
I don't know that I've used it under the right conditions yet!

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory

GARBAGE.

Built it ok. It's like building a dripper, but then it has a chimney like a Kayfun (RyBryLawDudeGuy could do it)...
Once the tank filled (from the bottom, through a screw port, like a KFL), I turn it over to vape it...

Granted, I built two 1.5 ohm 28g coils, which makes for a .75 ohm build, and I only fired it at 15 watts, or 3.4 volts...

So I was probably not burning the juice fast enough to keep up with the wicking/juice feed.

I think though, the leaks happened because of the connection between the upper and lower chimney halves (again, like a Kayfun). This thing only grabs like 1-1.5 threads before the glass is too tall to allow any more connection.

At least then, I can use 26g wire, and build me a nice 1 ohm coil, and fire it at 20-something-watts!

Eye-unno?!!!? [emoji848]

You might consider counseling...

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
*Tries to say with a straight face*
"Sucking on a goblin?"
*fails*

Thanks to Zen there are a lot of people in the world sucking on Gertrude, Althea and Matilda.

Oops! I forgot about Big Richard.

Last edited:

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
When you start using RBA's, I have no sense of how much wires is being consumed. I got a small roll, it is 30feet. I went small because I didn't know if I would be using multiple gauges.

The roll is 30' that to me sounds like it would last several years but I don't know how much really gets consumed. I passed up on 100' thinking it is more than I would ever use.

How much Kanthal do you guys consume?

Oh, I also got a box of rayon that was recommended to me. The box is huge, I have a feeling it is a ten lifetime supply.
"Recommendations" can become pricey- very fast. Next time someone recommends something to you, shout it out here & someone will be more than willing to send you the stuff.

Most of us who jumped on the rayon bandwagon have enough to last far into our children's children's children's lifetime!

That big box goes a long way.....in Sri Rod speak.....Yes it does!!!

Sent from my i6S+

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
"Recommendations" can become pricey- very fast. Next time someone recommends something to you, shout it out here & someone will be more than willing to send you the stuff.

Most of us who jumped on the rayon bandwagon have enough to last far into our children's children's children's lifetime!

That big box goes a long way.....in Sri Rod speak.....Yes it does!!!

Sent from my i6S+

Doink! When he asked me what type of rayon to get, I should have thought of that.

ocelot_in_bag.jpg

I'm sorry JJOOHHNN. :(

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
I didn't join the ProTank phase as I've an aversion to built in metal drip tips. Oh, I tried samplings of clearo's here and there, but it was the first Aspire coils that convinced me it was worth buying extra coils at all. LOL I still have a few boxes!

People don't like Rayon anymore? :lol: Did one of the many types of cotton actual win that battle? I stopped coiling around the early rayon discussions....and have that and various cottons and such for my ultimate back up, should it ever be needed.

Last edited:

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
I didn't join the ProTank phase as I've an aversion to built in metal drip tips. Oh, I tried samplings of clearo's here and there, but it was the first Aspire coils that convinced me it was worth buying extra coils at all. LOL I still have a few boxes!

Even though I had IBTanks, before the Protank when at home I used Ray's tanks from Valley View Vapes. I thought they were too ugly to take out, plus a PITA to change carts (they have grommet-style caps), but the side screw made filling it so easy!. This was before Big Daddy came out with Slap Yo' Mama. Lol!

beargsl.jpg

ETA: I prefer rayon to any of the cottons I have tried.

Last edited:

Susan W.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Torrance, CA

People don't like Rayon anymore? :lol: Did one of the many types of cotton actual win that battle? I stopped coiling around the early rayon discussions....and have that and various cottons and such for my ultimate back up, should it ever be needed.

I've never tried Rayon since I bought the big box of Koh Gen Do cotton. I've tried other cotton and I can't tell the difference. Guess my tastebuds aren't that discerning.

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
I don't care if there's another new cotton fad. I'm gonna keep using this rayon. I didn't jump on public transportation to walk out of Sally's Beauty Supply with all this cotton for nuttin'!!!!

When I was at the register she said they can't seem to keep this stuff on the shelf for "some strange reason." I tried to explain it was da vapers .... she looked at me like I was givng her da vapors ..... this was going way over her head (no pun intended as it's usualy hairdressers who purchases these massive boxes.

Come to think of it, that Koh Gen Do was also flying off the shelves (on & offline).

Note 5!!!

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
I've never tried Rayon since I bought the big box of Koh Gen Do cotton. I've tried other cotton and I can't tell the difference. Guess my tastebuds aren't that discerning.
You & me both. I couldn't then, & still can't tell a difference. Honestly, I think many people convinced themselves they could because it was the next new hotness.
If another new cotton hit the market this sec they'd swear it was better than the previous & folks would crash the internet to buy it.

Nope nope nope ... won't get me with that nonsense again!

Note 5!!!

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
I moved Lexie's post from the Kabuki thread, since my comment should be here.

It was actually my 1st ProVari that gave me the appreciation of authentic. For as many years as it had been out, no one had ever cloned it.... until they cloned it ... & what was supposed to be a ProVari clone wasn't anything I'd ever steer someone in the direction of to save a lil money.

It is for this very reason I couldn't buy a Kabuki clone. Zen is synonymous with ProVape so..... 'nuff said.

This never took off, did it?

Provariclone.jpg

For you watching at home: this was a real ad for a supposed ProVari clone. Of course, the comments are mine, but I didn't write the 1-7 features.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Looks legit :)

I like #4

I think they worded it backwards. It's a built in checker, to check the built in checker, that checks the battery voltage checker. Safety is forefront in the mind of Stainless Steel when they create a mod. Safety is probably the reason behind designing the body to only take 18650 batteries. Extension caps can be sharp and people might get their fingers cut. Also a cap could go flying and put out an eye.

Last edited:

WhiteHighlights

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
MetroWest Boston, MA, USA

GARBAGE.

Eye-unno?!!!? [emoji848]

HB, sorry you're having problems. Mine hasn't leaked, the flavor is pretty good and for the price it's a nice little tank to carry. While I prefer top fill, I keep a screwdriver with my stash anyway, so a quick fill it up before heading out and I'm set to go. It's on my P3 Ti in mini mode so it's my stealthly vape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread