My e cig won't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zahra

Dec 2, 2015
I'm really new to vaping, this is probably a naive technical matter but I don't know who else to ask.

I'm struggling to even learn E cig anatomy right now too. So just please help and forgive my ignorance.

I have a good battery, full tank, lights coming on, it's a vision spinner 2. Idk what kind of tank i have in it. But it's lighting up with a full tank and no vapor is coming out, and I think the coils aren't heating up.

I don't know if it's a flooded cartomizer. I emptied the tank, blew out the tube thing. but it still just didn't fire up. Please help, I so don't want to go get a pack of analogs.....

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Did the charger come with the spinner 2? THe spinners have an issue with using the correct USB charger. Did you charge it before using? Those spinner 2's sometimes require unplugging, then plugging back in for a full charge. For some reason they stop charging midway. MANY people report having to charge it twice before it is fully charged.

You might also try pressing the button in on the battery once while it is on the charger the 2nd time....this often makes it reset itself.

Yes, the spinner 2 was a little persnickety for some of us.

So, do that first.

I assume you are using a clearomizer. Take it off, dissemble it, unscrew the coil and then put it back in.....and then make sure everything is tight.

Try again. Is this the only clearomizer tank you have to test with?

It is possible the pin of the clearomizer isn't making contact with the battery. You can try pulling the pin out on the bottom of that clearomizer, ever so gently (too much and it will leak). You can actually use your fingers for this. It may make better contact w/battery that way.

Or, you can GENTLY pry up the contact plate on your spinner 2 battery, go around the edges of it carefully with a toothpick or something, lifting ever so gently.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
A lot of people have reported to take battery off charger when it turns green, then reconnect and it will charge again for a while----these take a long time to fully charge the first time!

One vendor even had it on their site: ""Special charging instructions: When charging your Spinner 2 you may notice that it finishes charging very quickly, but is not fully charged. You must remove it from the charger and then reattach it to the charger and begin the charge cycle again for the battery to take a full charge."

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
Here is some basic info:
Power Lights On, But No Vapor
In some situations, the power indicator lights may work (excludes mechanical mods) but you’ll get no vapor or any indication that the coil is heating. This could be caused by several issues:

• Poor battery contact: If your atomomizer / tank isn’t fully secured in-place, it may not be making contact with the battery terminal. Make sure it’s fastened, but not too tight! In other situations, leaking e-liquid and dirt can buildup on the battery terminal, causing a poor connection.

• Clean it with a cotton swab and a little bit of rubbing alcohol. Lastly, there may be a physical problem with the terminal or atomizer setup. Sometimes the terminal can stick in a depressed position, and a simple flip with the edge of a knife or small screw driver can pop it free.

• Bad coil: If you have good contact between the battery and atomizer and your battery is working fine, you may have a faulty or burnt coil. The easiest way to check is to replace the coil (if replacement coils are an option) or try another cartomizer or tank with a fresh coil.

Zahra

Dec 2, 2015
@ Elizabith Baldwin; I bet that's what it is.

Is the coil, part of the cartomizer / tank?

If i get a new cartomizer / tank will that probobly take care of it? will I have to periodically get a new one in the future?

Whatever I am using as the cartomizer / tank is pretty simplistic. I've cleared it and taken it on and off and rescrewed with varying levels of tightness.

I beleive i have a charged battery, already on my second charger with this set up.

Reactions: KatzWh1skers

Vapin Dave

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2015
California
Thanks everyone, looks like I have to wait till morning to get a new tank / cartomizer / coil.

I'm getting that you need to have backup gear for vaping, to think tonight I was just at the store to get a replacement charger and a backup battery.

Does it ever end with having to get new gear all the time?
No. But at least you have something to show for it rather than tons of empty packs of cigarettes ;)

Reactions: Falconeer

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Many *charging* issues were reported with the spinner 2 that were not an issue with the "fatboy" 1300mah spinners.

The spinner 2 is 1600mah and uses a different PCB than the 1300mah did. A 1600 mah battery takes a pretty long time to charge. Some of them just were not charging all the way, despite the light turning green. That is why people took them off the charger then put them back on.

The connector plate on a spinner 2 battery is also very deep, hence, sometimes do not make good contact with the clearomizer.

You do need a usb charger where the middle part protrudes like this----to make good contact with that battery plate:
3478ygz.jpg

Had a couple of these myself........so been there done that. :) Even some of the vendors don't realize this.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Thanks everyone, looks like I have to wait till morning to get a new tank / cartomizer / coil.

I'm getting that you need to have backup gear for vaping, to think tonight I was just at the store to get a replacement charger and a backup battery.

Does it ever end with having to get new gear all the time?

You'll be fine once it gets running. Please make sure the vendor gave you the right charger, and also, make sure the thing works before you leave the store this time. :)

Let us know what happens. :)

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
My apologies for taking the simplistic approach, but I know somebody that had this exact problem. Be sure you are clicking the button the required number of times to turn in on. Also make sure you do not have it reversed, thinking you are "turning it on" when you are in fact, "turning it off".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread