Isub G Help!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinnybagodoughnuts

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2015
I recently purchased a Coolfire4+ bundled with the Isubg tank.From day one the glass was VERY hard to remove from the top cap.I would literally need to put it in the freezer and wrap it with masking tape to remove it.The third time I tried the inevitable happened.Broken glass.I didn't want to replace the glass and go through breaking it again so I called a friend who has the same tank and we confirmed the issue was in the top cap as his glass stuck in it too.I contacted my vendor and they sent me a brand new tank.Unfortunately when it arrived it was the old version and not the new one I purchased.When I called them they informed me that this was the only Isub G's they had and that their Innokin rep. has no idea about 2 versions.(vendor is Smokecityca).The response was basically we are doing the best we can but thats it.
From what I have seen there is a tremendous amount of confusion about what vendors are selling and what version you will actually purchase.These tanks are not listed/marked v1 or v2.
From what I have gathered the new version is supposed to help with leaking issues in the v1.

The glass of these 2 versions is also a different size.Old version 23mm,new version 28mm.Some vendors selling the replacement glass have the differences denoted some do not.

Capacity:Apparently the 2 versions have different capacity's but again confusion reins.
On your website you have pictures of the tank and it is even denoted v2 however in the description it says 4.5mL capacity.
iSub G | Tank - Innokin Technology
This is the email sent to one of our members from My Freedom Smokes.

With the last few shipments we received from them the boxes have been marked 3.8 which caused some confusion when some customers received them. We contacted Innokin to inquire about the size difference and apparently they redesigned the chimney and coil housing so it’s more efficient but does hold a little less liquid. I have included the picture of the differences in the two tanks. If you have any more questions or need anything else, please let us know.

Thanks,
David Hammer
This is the only vendor I have seen that has the 3.8mL capacity listed in the description of the tank and has denoted that this is the new version with the shorter chimney.If you notice the pictures are of the old version.
Innokin iSub G Tank

Can someone please clarify what is going on with this tank and help me get the tank I purchased?I appreciate any help with this matter.

Last edited:

Vinnybagodoughnuts

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2015
Thanks Katz I tried the Innokin USA phone number but it is out of service. I also went to the Innokin site and was told by Innokin Frank that the new version is 4.5Ml and the old version was 3.8 Ml which is contrary to what I am seeing. I just realised I can start a support ticket on the Innokin site so I guess that is my only option. The tank is so cheap it really is more about letting others know about what's going on but it would also be nice if I got the tank I purchased.

I

Innokin_Ash

Hi @Vinnybagodoughnuts, unfortunately our team was on break due to the Chinese new year from early feb, until today. Personally the only design change I know of on the v2 is the removal of the driptip airflow.

I'll ask for you. Sorry for the wait!

Edit: It seems we are only producing the 3.8mL version now. The engineers redesigned it a little bit, to make it more leakproof.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vinnybagodoughnuts

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2015
I think this is the very reason I am so frustrated. If you guys don't know about your own hardware how are we supposed to know???? It still states 4.5 Ml capacity on your own website. It sure would be nice when releasing a new version of something that customers and your vendors be aware of it so they are not stuck with something they didn't purchase like I am.

I

Innokin_Ash

I think this is the very reason I am so frustrated. If you guys don't know about your own hardware how are we supposed to know???? It still states 4.5 Ml capacity on your own website. It sure would be nice when releasing a new version of something that customers and your vendors be aware of it so they are not stuck with something they didn't purchase like I am.

I fully agree, it seems it was our mistake as we had a lot coming out and to announce over the last couple of months. Our apologies!

Vinnybagodoughnuts

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2015
That's the newer version which was supposed to address leaking issues. The funny thing is I had that version and I had more leaking then I do now with the earlier version. Spare parts are just one more reason for me to frown on Innokin at this point. I asked about them and was told they have no plans to make them available. Hopefully someone will eventually clone the odd shaped one . Also be careful when purchasing replacement glass as the 2 versions have different sizes which vendors don't always note. Old version 23mm new version 28mm.I know what you are thinking the larger glass is for the version with less capacity? Yes welcome to the madness.lol It's a shame too because despite the problems it is a decent tank .

Last edited:
Reactions: KatzWh1skers

KatzWh1skers

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2015
The iSubG was my first sub ohm .... I tottally loved it ....till I replaced the wick ....which you CAN do ...now it leaks like a mother ....still awesome flavor ...if you don't mind the endless leaking .....I was hopin changing to a fresh coil head would help....no, eh ...:cry:
Love yer avi,vinny :p
Keep me posted, guys ...if you hear good news from Inny . Thanks

KatzWh1skers

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2015
thanks ...
It still vapes great.
Just leaks like a sieve.
I don't think I'm missing an O-ring.
But if there WERE O-ring replacements, I'd def try that!
It started leaking really bad after I swapped out the wick.
Which was hella crammed in there:eek:
...which was about the time I dropped it too, tho :rolleyes:
Nothin's bent that I can tell.. but it don't take much to torque something and make it leak neither.
Hate to retire this one.
But also reluctant to buy another tank and possibly double my losses.
And sounds like Inny is too busy pushin out new stuff to revisit fixing the iSubG issues right now ... :(
(AND..the coils are non-rebuildable :-x )

Last edited:

PaulBHC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
Arizona
I just refilled mine for the first time. Turn over, unscrew cap, turn cap over to look see, set cap upside down on towel. Fill, put cap on, liquid on my fingers from air slot. WTF. Blow through onto towel. Seems ok now.

The 2.0 coils I have are different than the .5s. I was able to get one apart and rebuild it to 1.7 and wick with rayon. Works great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread