Just Happened- Teen Loses Teeth To Exploding ECig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
What's incorrect about my statement? I never said anything about a mod exploding. I only mention they offer no safety features in the case of a simple mistake or accident.

For example, I had an atty at the time where the center pin slid up on me unknowingly when screwing it onto a mech. As soon as I hit the fire button the mod got hot, real fast. I unscrewed it as fast as possible and was able to prevent the battery from venting. Had the battery vented, there was no safety feature in the mech to prevent a potential/probable explosion. Maybe the venting would have helped, maybe the battery would swell first and block the vents, who knows.

A regulated mod would have thrown an error code. A mech Reo would have collapsed the spring. A correctly build unregulated box mod would have simply blown a fuse. All of those examples have safety features built in to catch mistakes to prevent batteries from venting. A standard mech has nothing except its user. And users make mistakes. No one is perfect.

Read your post.

Metal tubes do not need "safety features". They are metal tubes. They are harmless. Flashlights.

In your scenario, your atomizer failed, not the mod.
Why aren't you suggesting safety features on atomizers?

Again the mod doesn't fail, and mod makers can't account for every scenario.
That's why they are made for advanced users only.

Regulated mods actually fail more than mechanicals. You just hear about mechs because gear and doom are popular right now and e cig legislation is forthcoming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread