Older Folks and Vaping Back Porch - Part Five

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL
love that, and somehow I'd never heard it. I do like them a lot. I hear ya on the spanish. I can't say I don't speak other languages, I'm fluent in southern, gibberish and Debadnese aka momanese (which my son is also fluent in now), but I'm still workin on English. :lol:

I used to lead the praise and worship at church and had a few songs that I would sing to a soundtrack on occasion. One was Via Dolorosa, and there was a small section that was done in Spanish that I would butcher horribly.
20 years in the Navy leads to being able to order a beer or a woman in a bunch of different languages. ;):shock::lol:

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Been raining for two days straight here. Just got up and I'm not even going out to get the paper. Morning Gracie aand everyone else. Other than rain lets all try to have a good one today. :)
Top of the morning to you too Fran. Have a Great Day! I know I'm going to, I read the paper and I wasn't in the Obits (nor the crime report either!).:lol:
I thought you said you weren't going out to get the paper.
I dont know if it'll help anybody here but, I too have Type 2 diabetes. I take 1 metformin every morning and evening. I also am on Victoza, 1 shot daily. It is great stuff. Doesn't replace insulin for those who really need it but, if your only using a little bit of insulin like I was, ask your doctor about it. Damn, I sound like one of those stupid commercials. :lol: My A1C has been 5 or under since I started it and I eat any damn thing I want. Probably should eat better but, it's working really well. :)
1 shot daily?! I don't think so! I'll keep trying to stay on my diet instead.

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
20 years in the Navy leads to being able to order a beer or a woman in a bunch of different languages. ;):shock::lol:

Yeah, me too .. "Budweiser" .. ;) .. although, I've never actually ordered a Woman .. ;) .. at least, not at a Bar .. ;)

budweiser.jpg

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
Yeah, me too .. "Budweiser" .. ;) .. although, I've never actually ordered a Woman .. ;) .. at least, not at a Bar .. ;)
I was working the graveyard shift at a motel. A man came up to the desk and asked how to find a prostitute in that town. :-x That wasn't in my job description. I can only imagine the expression on my face.

Last edited:

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
I was working the graveyard shift at a motel. A man came up to the desk and asked how to find a prostitute in that town. :-x That wasn't in my job description. I can only imagine the expression on my face.

See, now, that's the difference in people .. if the guy was on the scout for some paid action, I would have been happy to act as Concierge for a small commission .. say, 40% .. ;) .. up front, of course .. ;)

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
PA

....the concierge at any hotel usually has that info......;)

And just as Willie said in his reply....they expect a decent gratuity for providing it.

umanbean

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2009
Georgia, USA
Uman please check the front porch I posted something for you

Thank you Myrany! The Back Porch is literally the only place I go on ECF anymore.

Don't have time to read that whole link right now, but in the morning I will.

Already sounds like a bunch of BS to me...

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
I have cobbled together the next installment of "Back Porch Radio", for which you will find a fresh link below .. slightly under 32 minutes of your precious time will be required should you choose to accept this assignment, and, I have slightly compressed the encode for a barely more efficient load speed .. :) .. I once again, offer up to the Collective my complete willingness to stop, if the Democratic Process deems it necessary .. ;) .. however, in the meantime ::

I've touched on this topic previously, however, it was on my mind again, so ..

Death is another Dimension, one that many have tried to understand .. the sense, thru History, being that we obviously must go somewhere upon expiration .. However, in todays World, it could be incredibly inconvenient in more than just the obvious way .. ;) .. one example invented by the Railroads being the Dead Man Switch, so, that in the event the Engineer passed while at the helm, a pressure sensitive lever or pedal that would stop the train was activated ..

Today, numerous Websites have sprung up over the years with which allow us to have, in a way, our own personalized Dead Man Switch ..

Digital Death and Afterlife Online Services List | The Digital Beyond

Services that allow us, from beyond the grave, to say goodbye, have a last word, even wish someone Happy Birthday 30 years from now given the right circumstances .. It's really another example of Technology allowing something that previously would have seemed like Wizardry .. point being, at no time in History has this "Digital Footprint / Legacy" ever been commonly available such as it is now ..

Much of our lives now exist as data that will far outlast our physical selves .. in the sense of Digital Immortality, it's really up to each individual just how far they want to take it .. in my own personal case, I've decided sometime back, to leave a Digital Archive on my Google Drive, which, theoretically, will last as long as there are bits and bytes / one's and zero's .. in fact, Google has a service called "Inactive Account Manager, which allows users to manage a "Digital Afterlife" like heirlooms .. (not to say mine is a heirloom, just using that as a metaphor .. ;))

At any rate, the day will come, sooner or later, if we as Humans continue to progress, that our Brain Contents, knowledge, personality, quirks, life memories, etc, will become "uploadable" .. a good thing or a bad thing, I don't know .. but I know it's coming .. prior to Marlon Brando's death, he had his head scanned and digitized, for the purpose of Digital Immortality .. the ability to animate his head and lay an audio track in, from tapes he prolifically recorded during his life, is a surreal taste of the coming next phase of Humanity, IMO .. it is not uncommon for Celebrities / Public Figures to engage in this science, which becomes more sophisticated each year .. perhaps, someday, we will frolic, forever youthful, within "The Machine" .. surrounded by a population of similar "Uploaded Humans" .. :cool: .. memories will live on their own, no one will get tired of telling them nor will they be forgotten .. if so, we'll just have to hope the electricity does not go out .. ;)

Kudos to a Sci Fi short story for getting me to thinking about this again .. as well as the excellent Documentary "Listen to Me Marlon" ..

I've carried over the link from the Previous Porch Radio, the link to this weeks edition is below that .. I sincerely hope you like it, since it will be another "brick in the wall" of my own, personal "Digital Legacy" .. :) .. and, on a side note, if anyone would like to record / upload and PM me the link of any Commentary you'd like to add in the future, feel free .. assuming there is a future .. ;)

Previous Installment of Back Porch Radio Click Me ::
Back_Porch_Radio_01_26_2016.mpg

New Installment of Back Porch Radio Click Me ::
Back_Porch_Radio_02_03_2016.mpg

View attachment 528053
[emoji23] [emoji12] [emoji514] [emoji514] [emoji514] [emoji485] [emoji485] [emoji485] [emoji485] [emoji485] [emoji485] [emoji485]

Sent from my LG-V700 using Tapatalk

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
Had a panic attack with the state health assistance people today. They were trying to tell me that I am getting twice the social security benefits that I am getting. What are they trying to do, give me a heart attack? Chain vaping. Of course, by the time I actually spoke to a person, I had talked myself out of a temper tantrum. But I did tell her where my emotions had been.

Kim B.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2013
STL MO
See, now, that's the difference in people .. if the guy was on the scout for some paid action, I would have been happy to act as Concierge for a small commission .. say, 40% .. ;) .. up front, of course .. ;)

Dang, Mack Daddy, 40% ya say??

216048896b0a6b330382ec9517a74ee7.jpg

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
Thank you Myrany! The Back Porch is literally the only place I go on ECF anymore.

Don't have time to read that whole link right now, but in the morning I will.

Already sounds like a bunch of BS to me...
It is quite frankly horrible for the vapers of Georgia. The proposed law is WORSE than what Indiana got hit with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread