FDA Response From the Desk of James McGovern

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liskrig

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2015
MA, USA
Here is the response I just received via email from James McGovern based on my (slightly modified) email I sent through CASAA. I have only changed my name, and where his signature was. *mods, please feel free to move this to the correct section if this is not. Thank you <3

February 5, 2016

Dear Mr. [LISKRIG]:

Thank you for contacting me in support of H.R. 2058, the FDA Deeming Authority Clarification Act of 2015. I appreciate you taking the time to share with me your views on this subject.

In April 2014, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) proposed a rule that would regulate vaporizing devices and e-cigarettes as tobacco products. As such, manufacturers would be required to submit their products to the FDA for premarket approval. This would include a retroactive review for products currently on the market. H.R. 2058 would modify the rule to remove the retroactive clause and exclude from FDA review any products that were previously introduced to the market.

Currently, H.R. 2058 is pending further consideration by the House Committee on Energy and Commerce's Subcommittee on Health. Please rest assured that I will keep your views in mind should this bill come to the House floor for a vote.

Again, thank you for contacting me about this matter, and please do not hesitate to contact me in the future about this or any other issue.

Sincerely,

[SIGNED]

James McGovern
Member of Congress
JPM/RH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread