Looks like Georgia is gonna be Indiana'd

Status
Not open for further replies.

curiousJan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2009
Central IL
Uh, oh. Maybe info overload. I'm getting confused. One of us has got to be wrong. Not sure.

EDIT: OK, you're right. The Illinois thing makes possession by minors illegal, bit still under 18 y.o. Fines. Community service. Smoking cessation deterent with some teeth.

I'm not sure I'd call a $25 fine or 15 hours community service "teeth". It's not both, it's one or the other.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Someone is conspicuously absent from this thread. In fact, she's not been on the forum for just about two days now, which is really unusual. I wonder if she saw this and went to Atlanta to give the "representatives" a piece of her mind? In any case, I hope she's OK.

@AndriaD

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Someone is conspicuously absent from this thread. In fact, she's not been on the forum for just about two days now, which is really unusual. I wonder if she saw this and went to Atlanta to give the "representatives" a piece of her mind? In any case, I hope she's OK.

@AndriaD
great minds... I was searching out the threads I know she hangs out in, trying to see if she was aware of this yet.

Reactions: inspects

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
And an Ohio guy not here since Saturday. I'm a born worrier.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I THINK it is refering to "for purpose of sale" only.
I hope so anyway.

I would like to think so. But then I read Line #602 and kinda SMH.

602 (b) A person shall not knowingly receive or acquire any e-liquid from a person that does
603 not hold a valid license under this chapter.
604 (c) Any person that violates this Code section shall be guilty of a misdemeanor; provided,
605 however, that upon a second or subsequent violation of this Code section, such person shall
606 be guilty of a misdemeanor of a high and aggravated nature.

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
I would like to think so. But then I read Line #602 and kinda SMH.

602 (b) A person shall not knowingly receive or acquire any e-liquid from a person that does
604 (c) Any person that violates this Code section shall be guilty of a misdemeanor; provided,
605 however, that upon a second or subsequent violation of this Code section, such person shall
Aren't Georgia's smoking laws less strict than just about any other state? Sounds like they're trying to make vaping much more restricted and punishable than smoking.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Aren't Georgia's smoking laws less strict than just about any other state? Sounds like they're trying to make vaping much more restricted and punishable than smoking.

I'm not that Familiar with Georgia.

But after a Fast Scan of this Bill, it seems they want to Clamp Down on e-Liquid Manufacturing and Sales.

I didn't see much about Hardware or Use.

OldBatty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2014
North Georgia USA

@AndriaD

Something odd is going on. Looking at my profile AndriaD is missing from the short list of those I follow, yet her profile still shows me as one of her many followers.

LouisLeBeau

Shenaniganery Jedi! Too naughty for Sin Bin
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
This bill looks very similar to the one enacted in Indiana.
What isn't clear is what companies and/or groups are behind the GA bill.

Last week, the Right to Be Smoke-Free Coalition filed 56 pages of Motions for Preliminary and Permanent Injunctions and Summary Judgement in the US District Court for the Southern District of Indiana arguing that Indiana’s crony capitalist law (banning sales of vapor products made by virtually all e-liquid manufacturers) violates the US and Indiana Constitutions.

Hey there, Mr. Godshall! I sure hope they win! I think if we can take this on with a few states, one at a time, it could help prevent other states from attempting to put this kind of nonsense on their books.

A while back, our then-Governor Jennifer Granholm, who was HEAVILY lobbied and campaign funded by in state Liquor, Beer and Wine wholesalers, pushed through a law banning residents from purchasing alcoholic beverages from out of state wineries and retailers. She dragged the issue all the way to the Supreme Court of the U.S., on the taxpayers dime!

Since there was NO SUCH law on our books banning OUR wineries and retailers from selling OUT of state, the Supreme's ruled it a violation of the commerce clause. Point being, all other states who had or were considering similar laws, abandoned them QUICK.

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
for purpose of sale.
597 26-3A-26.
598 (a) Except as otherwise permitted by this chapter, a person shall not purchase; receive;
599 manufacture; import; transport; cause to be imported or transported from another state,
600 territory, or country into this state; ship; barter; give away; exchange; furnish; otherwise
601 handle or dispose of
; or possess any e-liquid for purpose of sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread