Not open for further replies.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Sounds like your Vivi Store is well stocked!

And you're certainly not the only one confused! That is EXACTLY the reason I completely gave up on Kangers. TOO many choices, and just too confusing. I like simple. I like plug and play. I like EASY. Aspire fit the bill on those desires.

I can't imagine you won't like the Cero, Glam. Seriously, it's only of the better tanks we've used in all these years.

You'll let us know, no doubt? ;)

pokemom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2014
Lauderhill, Florida, United States
I use 65 pg 35 vg. Ignore my persistence :) I have to learn to be more patient. Some days I just seem to be panicking about getting a good supply of coils before the absurd deeming regs take place. Thank you both for your input!
It really depends if it is your only vaping device, or if it is something that you use in a rotation. My coils make it without a flavor change for almost a month, but I use my Cerotanks with the same 60/40 juices everyday in the morning with my coffee. I vape on them, pretty continuously, for about an hour a day. The morning vape is also not very sweet, and not fruity, so the coils don't tend to gunk up as much as something link a strawberry custard, or a rich tobacco.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
You're not being overly persistent at all, worry not. You're looking for information, and there's nothing wrong with that.

If I'm hitting my devices hard, as is often the case with the Billet Boxes, I'll get about a week per coil (with my worst offending juice). But that's if I'm using them almost exclusively, which doesn't happen too often any more.

Best guess is that I vape approx. 8ml per day.

I don't know if that helps give you more perspective, but it's information for you to consider.

Cari

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2010
Beach Dreaming
Thank you Pokemom and DPL. I'm using one Cerotank and three Kabuki's in rotation every day. Just started with these last October so I'm still not sure how long these coils last. So far it looks like I get anywhere from two weeks to a month out of coil? Does that seem pretty average? I was looking for input from others who may have been using these coils longer so I could make a plan on how many to try and stash away. I used KFLs before that, but injured a thumb and two fingers - so now I've had to switch to plug and play :( I make my own juices which don't seem to gunk much, except for a Peppermint. Again, thank you both!

pokemom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2014
Lauderhill, Florida, United States
Thank you Pokemom and DPL. I'm using one Cerotank and three Kabuki's in rotation every day. Just started with these last October so I'm still not sure how long these coils last. So far it looks like I get anywhere from two weeks to a month out of coil? Does that seem pretty average? I was looking for input from others who may have been using these coils longer so I could make a plan on how many to try and stash away. I used KFLs before that, but injured a thumb and two fingers - so now I've had to switch to plug and play :( I make my own juices which don't seem to gunk much, except for a Peppermint. Again, thank you both!
Sounds about right to me. When they start to go you will notice a decrease in vapor production and taste. I have found that the bvc coils last a lot longer than the nautilus coils.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glam

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2011
La Salle, Illinois
I use the cotton BVC coils for both the Naughty mini and the Aspire Vivis....and I am a heavy vaper....my hubs calls me the fog machine.:D I switch them out once a week...sometimes they are still vaping ok, but the flavor is muted and the draw gets tighter.

I am happy with how long they last. But still am itching to try the Triton minis in my Naughty....but do want to see some more reviews. They are new.

Cari

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2010
Beach Dreaming
Thanks for your input Glam! Moving from KFLs this has turned into an unexpected expense for me and I want to be prepared for the future. Once a week may be what I will plan for, but hope that two or more weeks can be a reality.

Last edited:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Thanks for your input Glam! Moving from KFLs this has turned into an unexpected expense for me and I want to be prepared for the future. Once a week may be what I will plan for, but hope that two or more weeks can be a reality.

I find that my lighter colored juices last longer than my darker colored ones. I don't know if there's anything to that, but it's been a fairly consistent experience of mine.

Katdarling

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
I believe there is, DPL. I've heard that since the get go -- that darker and sweeter liquids just are much harder on coils. (As you know) When I vape NLV's Twilite, I just keep filling and refilling for what feels like an eternity. In actual reality, the last tank of Twilite was filled 25 times. I keep thinking I "should" change the coil, because that seems like an awfully long time, but it's still ok!

Cari, have you tracked what you purchased in coils? You might be able to make some sort of determination that way. :)

Last edited:

Cari

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2010
Beach Dreaming
Hi Kat ~ I've used about 15 coils since my purchase of the 3 Kabuki's in October - but three or four were ruined when they got stuck in the chimney and I had to use pliers to remove them :( I only have that problem with my 510 Kabuki, never the P3's, it's weird. I'm thinking for the future I need to plan for a couple of boxes a month, and that will be a pretty safe over-estimate. I too use clear juices, learned that way back when I was using cartos, lol. Six years of vaping, and oh my the changes! My RY4 is my darkest juice, but only gets that way after sitting for a couple of months (I mix 500 ml at a time of each flavor, because it's not a favorite thing to do). My peppermint is my problem, and I'm not giving it up for anything, lol. I use the peppermint in the Cerotank because the coils are a little less expensive, and it seems to be a coil gobbler for sure :grr:

Glam

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2011
La Salle, Illinois
That was why I quit using the NETs.....coils gunked up within 2 or 3 days. I still vape tobaccos but stay away from the naturally extracted ones. I have heard that Black Note's natural tobaccos are very clean...but at $29 for 30ml, I probably will never find out. :shock: NiteLiteVapor's tobaccos are clear...and reasonable. :)

Glam

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2011
La Salle, Illinois
Just an FYI....I decided I like big clouds, but not sub ohm vaping, so I ordered some vg and added a few drops to my juice. And it has been coating and streaking the windows in my house...:shock: Since I am not particularly fond of weekly window washing, especially during an Illinois winter, I am afraid the big clouds are going to have to wait until summer when I can vape outside.:ohmy:

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
I use the cotton BVC coils for both the Naughty mini and the Aspire Vivis....and I am a heavy vaper....my hubs calls me the fog machine.:D I switch them out once a week...sometimes they are still vaping ok, but the flavor is muted and the draw gets tighter.

I am happy with how long they last. But still am itching to try the Triton minis in my Naughty....but do want to see some more reviews. They are new.
Are you using the same coils for both? I dread the thought of collecting another coil. I'm collecting nautilus already.

What kanger coils does Cerotank use? I've got tons of the older ones. There's too many different coils.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Katdarling

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Just an FYI....I decided I like big clouds, but not sub ohm vaping, so I ordered some vg and added a few drops to my juice. And it has been coating and streaking the windows in my house...:shock: Since I am not particularly fond of weekly window washing, especially during an Illinois winter, I am afraid the big clouds are going to have to wait until summer when I can vape outside.:ohmy:

Welp, let's see. Window cleaning, big fog. Big fog? Window cleaning.

I think you know which side of the glass I'm on....... :facepalm:

Are you using the same coils for both? I dread the thought of collecting another coil. I'm collecting nautilus already.

What kanger coils does Cerotank use? I've got tons of the older ones. There's too many different coils.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

I'm also NOT collecting a variety of coils. I know which work for me (Nautilus and BVCs) and that's it. I am shopping monthly (with the wonderful company of Mr. DPL) and we're collecting up quite the little stash.

The CeroTank uses the Kanger BDCs. I have none, so no experience there, but for those who do, it's sure nice to have the option.

2016-02-08_201518.png

Glam

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2011
La Salle, Illinois
Hi, Aikanae.....the BVCs for the Naughty and the Aspire Vivi are different. And like Kat said, they both are terrific. And at least they do not look alike so you will not get them confused. The Aspire Vivi BVCs are smaller than the Naughty. And I plan on using them in my Cerotank....if the tank hogs here ever allow me to get one. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread