Status
Not open for further replies.

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
North of Detroit, way south of Heaven
Btw, I just can't get a connection when I use either the SS or black PROVAPE beauty rings with Jackie's V2 Mini and the 510 to P3 adapter, using a couple of different Kabuki's. I think I've taken Enaud's place as the one who nothing works properly for right out of the box unless it's had at least a 6 month break in period with the general public.

EDIT: I feel I should add that Zen is working with me on a solution, of course. He's sending me some different pins to replace the one presently in the adapter. As he said, that adapter worked with every single 510 device available to them and the difference in clearance between it working without the beauty ring and it not working with the beauty ring is probably absolutely unbelievable. I concur, but like I said, I've taken Enaud's place...

One should absolutely buy anything and everything at HOH with confidence. :thumb:

Oh, and one more thing, Jackie prefers flat tipped drip tips (like a cigar plastic tip) and she loves those pipe stem drip tips they have on closeout. :thumbs:

Last edited:

Knifemaker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2010
Central Texas
So...I got carried away in conversation last night with my son and accidentally tossed my 2.5 Ti with Kabuki about four feet landing on porcelain tile (don't ask) lol. No damage at all to either except a broken tank. Thank goodness I had a few replacements in my stash.

AAH! Family!:(;)

madangus

ECF Veteran
May 10, 2015
Chicago-land
Very little gap between the adaptor base and the tapered top, interestingly the other one I got had a teeeny tinny gap.. this one has none i can see. Wee gap between the kabuki and the adaptor base but very small. Seems very solid and its easy to get the kabuki off leaving the adaptor in place. Probably going to use this setup for the forseeable future leaving the flat top satin in the horde.

IMG_2764.jpg

Reactions: AstroTurf

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Hey Enaud, I'm about ready to try this method as soon as there is no more of the present flavor left and I can't wait.

Do you have any wizardry way of putting the tank BACK ON the top cap as that is how I shattered the last one.

Thanks and anyone is more than welcomed to chime it...

coldgin, I can not remember who gave the sage advice, but one of you brilliantes (was it you, Knife?) said with glass it's ultimately most important to remember to twist and turn the glass back onto the top cap. Pushing it on is asking for it to crack, fracture, and break. Gently twist it with medium pressure.

Slow and steady. Marathon, not sprint.

in approx 7 to 8.5 years

HUGE smiles!!!

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
coldgin, I can not remember who gave the sage advice, but one of you brilliantes (was it you, Knife?) said with glass it's ultimately most important to remember to twist and turn the glass back onto the top cap. Pushing it on is asking for it to crack, fracture, and break. Gently twist it with medium pressure.

Slow and steady. Marathon, not sprint.

HUGE smiles!!!

Yeah, I was SUPER careful when putting it back on! Went on real easy, probably because it was still wet from cleaning.

Enjoying J.C. Original - 1.8 nic with a 2.1 ohm HH rebuild @ 7.8 watts 1BOOST At first use, couldn't use BOOST as it dialed in @ 2.2 ohms but after a few puffs, has rescinded to 2.1 ohms

hejira

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2013
Las Vegas
Yeah, I was SUPER careful when putting it back on! Went on real easy, probably because it was still wet from cleaning.

Enjoying J.C. Original - 1.8 nic with a 2.1 ohm HH rebuild @ 7.8 watts 1BOOST At first use, couldn't use BOOST as it dialed in @ 2.2 ohms but after a few puffs, has rescinded to 2.1 ohms

I find, too, that "lubing" the top o ring with v-liquid helps the process. [emoji106]

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
Btw, I just can't get a connection when I use either the SS or black PROVAPE beauty rings with Jackie's V2 Mini and the 510 to P3 adapter, using a couple of different Kabuki's. I think I've taken Enaud's place as the one who nothing works properly for right out of the box unless it's had at least a 6 month break in period with the general public.

EDIT: I feel I should add that Zen is working with me on a solution, of course. He's sending me some different pins to replace the one presently in the adapter. As he said, that adapter worked with every single 510 device available to them and the difference in clearance between it working without the beauty ring and it not working with the beauty ring is probably absolutely unbelievable. I concur, but like I said, I've taken Enaud's place...

One should absolutely buy anything and everything at HOH with confidence. :thumb:

Oh, and one more thing, Jackie prefers flat tipped drip tips (like a cigar plastic tip) and she loves those pipe stem drip tips they have on closeout. :thumbs:
I really wanted one of the long pipestems but missed the boat on that one :( Should have snagged it on Black Fri. sale.

As for putting the glass back on, I use a needle tip bottle and lube the o-ring and the inside of the glass, and place the tank top flat on my table, I use the same grip as for removing and apply steady even pressure. With the other fingers knuckles resting on the table I feel much control in anticipating the glass compressing the o-ring and can set the glass in place gently.

Oh, and thanks for taking the hit on the new adaptor ;) Someone has to be "that guy" :lol: I had a feeling that something like this would surface, I had to fiddle around a bit with mine to get is to connect at first, I've only tried it on one ProVari to date. It might be handy if a few pin lengths were available to cusom seat this thing, oh how I wish I still had access to a lathe...

Last edited:

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
SILICON! O-rings...WHAAAAAT??? mebey Zen went silicon re: all the broken glass complaints? Vastly more flexible and forgiving material and still maintains a seal? Only the @Zen~ Master knows...

It's for the new project he's working on with ProVape. :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread