Not open for further replies.

stanleybb50

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2011
Pittsburgh
No prob mate! :)

It's on joyetech's site.. Just google "ego one CT":).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Seems like an excellent device for a person brand new to vaping. Definitely.

And for us - I'm intrigued... So when it senses, for instance a 1.2 ohm coil, it'll put out a stable 15 watts?

- Sent from my Note 5 via Tapatalk

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012

And for us - I'm intrigued... So when it senses, for instance a 1.2 ohm coil, it'll put out a stable 15 watts?

I'm thinking if you're gonna go that far then go all the way and let the user decide exactly the wattage they want. It's almost like the ego one is designed for people new to vaping that have no clue where to start out at. Joyetech has always designed their products for newbies (and do a good job at it).

Fogwfog

Dec 16, 2014
Alta, Norway

Hi!!

Yeah, that's the CT part.. It also supports TC mode with Ni200 and Titanium, giving you a 250C vape (temp non adjustable).

I do consider myself a advanced vaper, and have owned/tried a lot of mods and tanks throughout the last 2 years. Kayfun have always been top ranked from my side, as the flavor profile from this fits my way of vaping perfectly.

The ego one ct is definitely a device intended for newbies.. The only reason for mentioning this is that it looks nice with the kfm3, and fits my personal requirements for the wattage setting.

It senses the ohm and gives the correspondent output wattage from table above, from fully charged until empty:)

Freddy

Impulso

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Rocklin, ca
What is everyone's thoughts about the different materials for the coils? I tried nickel a while back and didn't like the taste - this was on the dna40 but that shouldn't make a difference. Heard SS is tasteless(which is great) and the safest in terms of oxide buildup of any kind.

There also seems to be a glut of places selling garbage wires. Where do you guys buy temp control wires from that arent nickel?

Can't wait to try temp control again with some new material!!

Edit - I can ask some of the other threads but it dissolves into arguments about the safety of niO2 and who can make super Clapton coils in their sleep with super thin nickel wire perfectly

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
What is everyone's thoughts about the different materials for the coils? I tried nickel a while back and didn't like the taste - this was on the dna40 but that shouldn't make a difference. Heard SS is tasteless(which is great) and the safest in terms of oxide buildup of any kind.

There also seems to be a glut of places selling garbage wires. Where do you guys buy temp control wires from that arent nickel?

Can't wait to try temp control again with some new material!!

Edit - I can ask some of the other threads but it dissolves into arguments about the safety of niO2 and who can make super Clapton coils in their sleep with super thin nickel wire perfectly

I think most folks lately like SS for their TC builds. However, there's a whole lotta crowd this side of the border who swear by SweetSpot Ti. One wire, one coil which works perfectly for both their TC and Mech Mods.

Impulso

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Rocklin, ca
I think most folks lately like SS for their TC builds. However, there's a whole lotta crowd this side of the border who swear by SweetSpot Ti. One wire, one coil which works perfectly for both their TC and Mech Mods.
Awesome! I'll order some to try it out if shipping isn't prohibitively expensive(found some stateside too!)The grade of wire isn't specified and it's interesting that they state that the wire is designed to breakdown before the max temp of the wire is reached - is this a function of all Ti wires of just this?

Impulso

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Rocklin, ca
I've used Ni, SS 304/316/317/430, Ti and I'll take NiFe52(aka NiFe48) over the rest every day of the week and twice on Sunday.
Why? What do you like about that more than other wires? Taste? Longevity?

I assume you are forced to use a dna200 for this type of wire?

Reactions: AstroTurf

Landman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2015
Central AR
Why? What do you like about that more than other wires? Taste? Longevity?

I assume you are forced to use a dna200 for this type of wire?

It can safely be dry burned for cleaning, works fine compressed or spaced, has a high TCR value which gives it better accuracy while still having a decently high ohm range. While it has a lower nickle value, it'll still probably affect someone with an allergy... but it doesn't have the taste that comes with Ni200. It has the stability of Ti with the usability of SS. You can use any mod - power mode or with manual TCR input... DNA200, SXMM/ML, various Joyetech chips, etc...

And to move it back on topic, can't wait for my KM3 to arrive from originvape!

Bird Dog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2015
Ohio
Hi!

Try changing the top o-ring on the bottom base with one of the spare that are a bit smaller diameter. Helped for me.. Been buttery smooth to adjust ever since :)

Freddy

At work earlier today I was thinking of trying that out as a last resort. Just need to get it apart first.

Impulso

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Rocklin, ca
It can safely be dry burned for cleaning, works fine compressed or spaced, has a high TCR value which gives it better accuracy while still having a decently high ohm range. While it has a lower nickle value, it'll still probably affect someone with an allergy... but it doesn't have the taste that comes with Ni200. It has the stability of Ti with the usability of SS. You can use any mod - power mode or with manual TCR input... DNA200, SXMM/ML, various Joyetech chips, etc...

And to move it back on topic, can't wait for my KM3 to arrive from originvape!

Awesome. Thanks.

That's exactly who I am expecting mine from too! Where you get your material from? I don't have a dna200 chipset and just ordered a rx200 just for the batteries. The power mode isn't an issue even though there is nickel in there?

Landman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2015
Central AR
Awesome. Thanks.

That's exactly who I am expecting mine from too! Where you get your material from? I don't have a dna200 chipset and just ordered a rx200 just for the batteries. The power mode isn't an issue even though there is nickel in there?

Nope, I've vaped it in power as well as temp, but I prefer TC because it's a more consistent flavor.

I order NiFe from zivipf in Germany.

Sockeye404

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2015
Germany
maps4me.net
I've used Ni, SS 304/316/317/430, Ti and I'll take NiFe52(aka NiFe48) over the rest every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

I'll second NiFe48. This is my favorite material for temp coils. Pure Nickel is too soft and Stainless Steel is so unpredictable as the components vary with every manufacturer.

NiFe48 works with most Mods and their Ni200 setting, but best with the DNA200 and the respective NiFe48 custom curve which can be uploaded from a csv file.

Last edited:

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
b-wink.gif

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England

For Ti, anything but SweetSpot..Their Ti is gr2 and they advertise as some magical formulation hand-crafted for vapers.l Total BS. The worst thing is they charge a fortune for it. Unkamen on US side is great, Stealthvape and Zivipf for eurozone.
I really wish Phil B would stop using SweetSpot Ti...it is a total con...

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
For Ti, anything but SweetSpot..Their Ti is gr2 and they advertise as some magical formulation hand-crafted for vapers.l Total BS. The worst thing is they charge a fortune for it. Unkamen on US side is great, Stealthvape and Zivipf for eurozone.
I really wish Phil B would stop using SweetSpot Ti...it is a total con...
Nice to know that. Good that I vape TC only occasionally
wink-3.gif

VapingTurtle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2011
The Reef just off the Florida coast
:thumb:

But, I may not be finished. Just trying to be more to your point, Q.

Now, if you wanna keep this a non-clone war thread, maybe you'll wanna remove your pro-genuine post from a few pages back. Ya can't have a no-clones screed in a thread where the alternative view is strongly discouraged.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jumpin' In...
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread