Cloudmaker Whiteout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuzzygavino

Feb 24, 2013
So it's been a couple of days since my reply asking for a refund again, Roger has replied explaining I won't be getting a refund until Aaron has called me to discuss my decsion to cancel my order. I don't mean to be rude but you only need to look around on forums to see why I am cancelling my order, today on the whiteout FB page a guy is returning his due to it failing and it giving off a burning smell! I have told them as politely as possible I want my money back otherwise my bank will take matters further. I do feel sorry for CMT having to beg people not to cancel their orders it's embarrassing!

BrentMydland

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2014
SE US
Many have tried to do a charge back but for most that window has passed. There are a lot of people who are wanting to cancel and then being told there is a problem with cloudmakers payment processor and they won't return the money until it is fixed. That's been going on at least a month.

Reactions: Fuzzygavino

Zevo

Sep 18, 2014
Bristol, CT, USA
I am in the same situation. They cancelled the order and said no refund because they can't process it. The problem is Authorize.net which they used to process payments. On the site they report that any purchases past 120 days cannot be refunded using their services. Merchants can use alternare methods like writing a check or adding a fraud risk feature that bypasses Aurhorize.net. In a any case you will not be able to get a refund through the payment center. This leads me to a terrifying reality that we will not get our money back through CMT and if your order was cancelled you won't get your $200 paperweight either.

We are currently looking at all avenues to get refunded including report this whole horrible experience to BBB as well as other resources.

If anyone has got a refund past 120 days I would be very interested in hearing about it.

Reactions: Fuzzygavino

Fuzzygavino

Feb 24, 2013
After a rather snotty reply to Roger I received notification my refund was being processed, the money hasn't appeared in my account yet but fingers crossed! This has to be the biggest failure/con I have seen in all my vaping years. All these poor people lured in with the promise of a ground breaking stylish new device, only to end up with a brick covered in screws is disgusting, I can only assume by ground breaking they meant what would happen if you dropped it!! They don't need to employ a media manager they already have a team of them on their whiteout FB page, the admins will defend the "good" name of CMT regardless of the faults. And now CMT are moving factory where all these issues occurred as it clearly wasn't experienced in this area, wouldn't you assume CMT may have asked for some references?! So they are now moving to a more experienced facility, that's because they have all your money and can now afford to make a decent mod! I hope everyone on here gets their money back, good luck.

Heavy_H2O

Apr 27, 2015
SoCal
Good for you fuzzy for getting your funds back, or at least being processed. I ordered through Smog and could not get a chargeback. CMT did give me $100 off coupon, that according to them, does not expire but have not used it. Hopefully the new factory would do a much better job.

That was their biggest problem, a brand new company using a lowest bidder factory with no experience in ecig devices...

Zevo

Sep 18, 2014
Bristol, CT, USA
Ok, so I had a great talk with Aaron at CMT. I now understand the hard work that I failed to see throughout this whole process. I can say honestly that they care. And at the end of our conversation my order was reactivated and am looking forward to receiving my mod when it ships. Patience is very hard to practice but very rewarding when done right.

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
Ok, so I had a great talk with Aaron at CMT. I now understand the hard work that I failed to see throughout this whole process. I can say honestly that they care. And at the end of our conversation my order was reactivated and am looking forward to receiving my mod when it ships. Patience is very hard to practice but very rewarding when done right.
TLDR; I drank the koolaid.

AtmizrOpin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2015
Pennsylvania
they con'd you into not cancelling your order, huh? i'm sure you've seen a bunch of pics and reviews of the final product, so you know what you'll be receiving. i hope you like it. you don't have to answer this question but, are they charging you the full $200 or offering a discount?

Reactions: BrentMydland

Zevo

Sep 18, 2014
Bristol, CT, USA
Well, I can understand the comment about drinking the koolaid. I know that this whole experience has been nothing short of a giant cluster $%^&. And I also understand that this would not be something I would invest in had I seen the warning signs or even after. I would like to try it, and find out for myself what this mod is like, and how it performs. I am preparing for the worse such as a malfunction within 2 weeks as I have read some other users have. And I bet that wait times for RMAs will be just as long as ever. But I have to find out myself. And if that means drinking the koolaid, I guess I'll take a cup.

As for any discounts, freebies, or anything else, my order stands same as before. I forgot to ask about the engraving but that's my fault. At this point, a working mod would be ok with me.

I can understand where this all sounds like a bad idea and I respect that because I too believed it. And still do until I can confirm personally my experiences with this device, good or bad. Going in with an open mind and hoping this is not a major loss for me.

Reactions: AtmizrOpin

AtmizrOpin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2015
Pennsylvania
Well, I can understand the comment about drinking the koolaid. I know that this whole experience has been nothing short of a giant cluster $%^&. And I also understand that this would not be something I would invest in had I seen the warning signs or even after. I would like to try it, and find out for myself what this mod is like, and how it performs. I am preparing for the worse such as a malfunction within 2 weeks as I have read some other users have. And I bet that wait times for RMAs will be just as long as ever. But I have to find out myself. And if that means drinking the koolaid, I guess I'll take a cup.

As for any discounts, freebies, or anything else, my order stands same as before. I forgot to ask about the engraving but that's my fault. At this point, a working mod would be ok with me.

I can understand where this all sounds like a bad idea and I respect that because I too believed it. And still do until I can confirm personally my experiences with this device, good or bad. Going in with an open mind and hoping this is not a major loss for me.
i honestly hope you like it. the fact that cmt made the white modular/interchangeable is a plus. if you're unhappy with the lipo configuration, i'm sure they'll have a dual 18650 sled option available. you can customize everything on it. it's just too bulky for my needs, as well as some of the construction looks questionable. either way it's a dna 200 inside and that also has a bunch of customizable features with escribe.:)

Reactions: druckle

Zevo

Sep 18, 2014
Bristol, CT, USA
Thanks, I am hoping for the best. In my discussions with CMT I know that providing a larger capacity lipo was on their radar. The 18650 sled is a nice option also, with some rewiring needed but no solder according to their info. Anyway, if I survive after drinking my koolaid I will post some honest results. I would also assume that other vape producers would be looking at this kind of concept on modularity. Any guesses if and who that would be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread