Not open for further replies.

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
Not quite sure who/what OMB is. Fairly sure though, whoever or whatever entity is tugging the reigns is already well aware of exactly what is happening. I think though, big vaping industry from China did catch them off guard.

What I'm left to draw out of current events, everyone involved with vaping is now supposed to be scared. "Oh no, the great deeming will create the evil black market! What ever shall we do? Oh despair, oh misery. We'll turn more to big government to save us, that'll work for sure!" And it is clear with it being big government being the one swatting our hand with the deeming, it won't help.

Not saying the big players from China might be a life ring in full. Will say though it offers more choice. More choice never can allow for a closed system of a bifurcation fallacy. Fascism seems to desire us guided to a bifurcation fallacy. "It's either this or that."

"No, sorry there is choices c-z left, maybe more."

That is how I see repeating the black market bit benefiting an entity, a scare tactic. And well, just took away the paper dragon's teeth & flame. Guess they don't benefit any longer, eh?
OMB is the governmental office currently evaluating the FDA deeming. One of the things that OMB must evaluate is the likelihood that the deeming could create a black market. If convinced it would create a black market OMB can kick the deeming back to the FDA for yet another rewrite for that alone. So Hells yes yell it from the treetops that it will create a black market. Get this thing kicked back yet again.

This is not a scare tactic this is a strategy to try to force changes in the deeming regs.

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
@Myrany . You are assuming the OMB a government agency would do
what it's supposed to do,the right thing. Even if they are actually doing
their job they will be hard pressed to beat the ANTZ's ace in the hole.
"The Chillin'."
Regards
Mike
While that is true we loose nothing by trying.

MyMagicMist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2014
OMB is the governmental office currently evaluating the FDA deeming. One of the things that OMB must evaluate is the likelihood that the deeming could create a black market. If convinced it would create a black market OMB can kick the deeming back to the FDA for yet another rewrite for that alone. So Hells yes yell it from the treetops that it will create a black market. Get this thing kicked back yet again.

This is not a scare tactic this is a strategy to try to force changes in the deeming regs.

Ah ha. Alright. Now, I comprehend a bit better. Thanks.

Reactions: Myrany

poohbah

Happy Vaper
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2014
Texas
It's only a matter of time when vaping will be accepted in the mainstream. Smoking is on the way out and faster than most think. It took me years. I kept getting emails to try it but I ignored them. After I tried it, at the recommendation of my pulmonary doctor, everything changed. He gave me an option of taking Chantix, which I tried twice and it didn't work, and e-cigs, which did work from the very beginning. So far, I've been smoke free since August 2014. I do get the rare occasional craving, but I reach for the 24 mg nic and it fixes the problem right away.

Elvensilvan

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2016
Nagoya, Japan
Meh ... I bet Philip Morris, or whatever the new name is, is trying to shift production from regular cancer sticks to their hybrid cancer sticks (iQos).

Funny thing is, iQos costs the same as regular cigarettes, but the battery would need to be charged every now and then, the unit where you stick the cigs into has to be cleaned ... too much work for the same cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread