Status
Not open for further replies.

Rizzyking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
East Midlands, United Kingdom
Yeah the regular TFV and mini use the same coils trouble with the TFV mini is I have to refill the regular too often mini would drive me nuts, xcube 2 has been rock solid for me always giving a great vape and even with recent good releases I think it's still a great bang for buck mod.

Croak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2012
Right behind you...
Extra features for the X Cube II are now free, and they're giving a $5 coupon to those that already bought Ti or SS modes:

VALUE-ADDED SERVICE OF X CUBE II BECOMES FREE
Merry Christmas! X cube II is very popular in market and always get good responses from SMOK users since it was released. In order to repay all users and let users get a better vaping experience on additional functions of X cube II, Smok decided that there is no charge for the added-value service (Ti & SS temperature control) of X cube II from Christmas Day. Both of them will become totally free from 2015/12/25.

For you, who had bought the added-value service of X cube II before, we give away a limitless $5 cash coupon here. You can use it to buy any products on our official website. The $5 cash coupon will become invalid on 2016/03/31.

Reactions: nmeuvdast8

AlaskaVaper

ECF Veteran
Jun 21, 2015
Cordova, Alaska
Your advice and insight is needed on up grading X-Cube II firmware. I have two of these that are still on the original 1.06 version. The problem is I have no access nor do I own a "smart phone with android or iOS. My only devices are an older iPad II without the phone capability and an iMac 2011 vintage. I use both with my wireless router conected to my ISP. I am vaping on SS primarily and have been using that wire along with Kanthal in power mode. I prefer not to use Nickel wire. I have several other devices that I use for TC but would really like to use the full functionality of my X-Cubes. I do like their form factor and power. Does anyone have a suggestion for getting upgrade capabiity that would work with the equipment I currently have. I would love to have a smartphone but just cannot afford one or the wireless subscription cost such would entail. I will appreciate any and all suggestions.

Last edited:

pevinsghost

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2015
St Louis, MO
So since you need Windows to do firmware update, you might want to try using virtualization software.

There's a few pay ones, but VMWare is free. You should be able to use Windows for 30 days without activating it.

I don't guarantee it will work, drivers can have trouble in virtualized OS.

Otherwise, download the software and find a computer you can use for a few minutes, the firmware upgrade is standalone, nothing installs.

J Wo

Aug 28, 2015
So since you need Windows to do firmware update, you might want to try using virtualization software.

There's a few pay ones, but VMWare is free. You should be able to use Windows for 30 days without activating it.

I don't guarantee it will work, drivers can have trouble in virtualized OS.

Otherwise, download the software and find a computer you can use for a few minutes, the firmware upgrade is standalone, nothing installs.

I agree with "pevinsghost". This course of action, using say a public computer or maybe a freind's with windows (computer program, not to peep through lol) you would be able to do the upgrade. I personaly think that it would be worth a shot, IMO atleast. I'm glad I upgraded mine.

Reactions: AlaskaVaper

sketchi.engnr

Jun 30, 2015
heres the best idea. never buy smok again. they lied on the m80 blatantly about tc. and this time when it works its tied to the app that is pay based. and completely .... every time I use a diff phone or flash my phone it asks for a password. and if you dont know and use passwird reset - it says "uncorrect" that's not a word you cunning goofs. what a crap company. pay me 50 dollars i can write better mayerial for them "snok - for all vaping crap time"
i cant even use the tc i paid for. for ....s sake

Daddy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2015
heres the best idea. never buy smok again. they lied on the m80 blatantly about tc. and this time when it works its tied to the app that is pay based. and completely .... every time I use a diff phone or flash my phone it asks for a password. and if you dont know and use passwird reset - it says "uncorrect" that's not a word you cunning goofs. what a crap company. pay me 50 dollars i can write better mayerial for them "snok - for all vaping crap time"

So what VW/TC devices are you using that are not coming from china with broken English?

The M80 was a dud for sure, but to claim that their other products are simply shows a lack of knowledge on your part. SMOK is on the cutting edge of vaping technology and produce some quality pieces, including the x cube 2 which this thread is about. The new R80 and R200 are also two very nice devices that pack a punch. The TFV4 tank revolutionized the tank market with the unique top fill design and wide range of coils to meet any vaping style.

For what it's worth, the English you used in your post is not much better then that of SMOK.

J Wo

Aug 28, 2015

For goodness sakes, don't hold back tell us how you really feel ;)

J Wo

Aug 28, 2015
I think you can upgrade the firmware directly from the app. If you can connect your ipad to wifi you should be able to Bluetooth connect to your x cube 2 and upgrade in app. I believe it is in the settings section in the app.

That is true, it is in the settings area. I can not say if it works properly because I had already upgraded when that became an option, but for a little while that was a "click-able" option in my settings menu.

Daddy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2015
I don't know about 'cutting edge' considering the recently released Smok Treebox doesn't have user programmable TCR presets and it lacks a USB- so no upgradable firmware, also no onboard charger.

Treebox is at least 6 months old. I think we all know that vaping technology rapidly changes.

They were the first manufacture to my knowledge to incorporate Bluetooth technology. The x cube 2 has a unique firing bar, that is being copied now by eleaf and the latest iStick 100. The x cube 2 also has a fully adjustable led bar. I think SMOK and the M80 was the beginning of the TC age - practically every regulated box now has TC. SMOK and the TFV4 revolutionized the tank market with the easy to fill top fill tank and wide range of coils to match any vaping style.

If you don't like SMOK that is fine, but I personally find them one of the better manufactures out there right now. They certainly are a company that is pushing the limits of technology and producing quality products.

Reactions: J Wo

cobalt327

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2012
USA
Were there were top fill attys- like the kfv4- before tfv4? My Zeph w/replaceable subohm coils is also top fill... be surprised if there weren't others. Was DNA 40 (that actually works for TC, unlike the total TC fail of the M80) before the M80 (which did more to turn vapers AWAY from TC than anything)?

I don't personally need blutooth on a mod, but if it's tied to a for-pay app, I would pass regardless.

Last edited:
Reactions: KenD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread