Status
Not open for further replies.

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
Anyone have this yet? I raved about the Apex tanks, which I did love for some months....but both of my tanks have started leaking badly, at almost the exact same time.

I'm mainly wondering if the S tank is a big upgrade, or just a hybrid between the Apex and Isub G? The improved airflow has me tempted, but I'm getting pretty tired of tanks lasting only a couple months.

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
I can not find many vendors with the Isub S in stock at a good price. I want to buy one. Been using Isub and Isub G tanks for a while and I like them. Want to also order clapton coils for it

I actually finally broke down and got it yesterday. VaporDNA has it for 19.99 I think. The shipping kind of kills it, but if you search online for their coupons, they have some 10 off 35 or 10% off.

So far I'm really liking the tank. It's like if the isub g and the apex had a baby. Really good airflow options- wide open is huge airflow and it actually does a really nice mouth to lung; worlds better than the apex. And the flavor is great, though maybe ever so slightly less than the apex (which I think is cause of the size) But I'll take the trade off, since this holds a nice amount.

My only complaint is when I got mine, I couldn't put a coil in right away and had to take it apart and move the rubber thing down there; I guess it was out of place when I removed the other coil. It was a huge pain, but once I figured out how it all fit together, no bigs since. I guess it's good that I figured out how to do it for when I clean it eventually.

Overall, really solid so far, but I thought that with the apex too. So here's hoping this thing keeps it up.

Reactions: David Wolf

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
I ordered mine last night from Vapordna.... but had to order coils as the one they sell is only TC coils. Hope I will get it by next weekend. Have to watch a vid on how it comes apart...I think I saw a vid somewhere.

Ya, I can't remember where I saw one either, but this guide was semi helpful: iSub S Disassembly and Cleaning Guide

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
Well, a really disappointing update: My S tank is already broken. The top fill worked correctly the first time, but on the refill, it now doesn't lock shut and instead just spins continuously, exposing the fill holes. So I can't put it in my pocket, without risk of it spilling out.

I'm just done with Innokin. I've spent hundreds of dollars on the Apex, Endura, iSub family, and it's brought me nothing but regret. I know their mods are usually better, but I truly don't understand why everyone gives them so much praise.

Vinnybagodoughnuts

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2015
Orings and seals need to be replaced every so often.Other then that the only ways for juice to leak is through a bad wick job or cross threading. I like Innokins Coolfires but the tanks do not impress me.One thing I quickly learned is NEVER buy a brand new product.These companies are basically turning us into beta testers.It is better to stick with last years next best thing and letting others work the bugs out.By the time they get to version 4 they usually have it licked.lol

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
So true, I'm about done with any new products.

And some good news- Vapordna is awesome. I've ordered from them before, but I've never really had to deal with them. They're sending me a new tank. Great customer service!
That is great service!
I've been using the new Triton Mini with standard Nautilus 1.6 & 1.8 ohm VOC coils and so far the top fill has been working great. I think you mentioned that the I sub S would even be good for mouth to lung? Have you ever used the 2 ohm coil in the I sub series? I'm wondering how that coil is compared to The nautilus coils I use now if you've used both. I'm a MTL vaper as you can tell ;)

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
That is great service!
I've been using the new Triton Mini with standard Nautilus 1.6 & 1.8 ohm VOC coils and so far the top fill has been working great. I think you mentioned that the I sub S would even be good for mouth to lung? Have you ever used the 2 ohm coil in the I sub series? I'm wondering how that coil is compared to The nautilus coils I use now if you've used both. I'm a MTL vaper as you can tell ;)

Hey David, I know your MTL ways all too well :) I haven't used the Triton Mini, but compared to the Nautilus, I would say the isub S tank is even better for MTL. I only use the 2.0 coils and they are really solid overall. The big downside is that you can't really take them over 10.5 W without burning them, even though they say they're rated for up to 16W. So it's odd. But when I get them just right, it's a nice setup. I could just use some more airflow at a higher wattage.

The amount of airflow options is really nice on the tank. That's what sucks- this is actually a really nice tank if it didn't break so easily. So I dunno if I recommend it or not- but if you do, vapordna for sure.

Reactions: David Wolf

Andy79Z28

ECF Veteran
May 22, 2015
Long Island
Got the Isub S tank today. Made very well. Love the feaures air holes clicky feel to help lock in place. Top fill easy to do and clicks into place. I loaded it with the .5 ohm clapton @ 35 watts... well I am liking it very much. Only vaped about half a tank so far and really like the flavor. This is the first clapton coil I ever used. Major flavor improvement over standard vertical or horizontal coils..... Will report back in a few days.

Reactions: drysprocket

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
Update- tank #2 came, worked fine when I opened it. I rinsed out the tank, and left it overnight to dry. I just went to it............and the top fill is now stripped too! I haven't even filled it with juice yet. Unreal. I guess this is a running defect.

Welcome to the no-fly list innokin. I never thought you'd end up on it.

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
It's lucky for you that at least your vendor seems willing to help.I have got no help or even a response from Innokin.:(

What did you email them about; the same thing? I'm not gonna bother the vendor again...they did their part and then some. This is now between me and Innokin and I'm gonna write them an email like they've never seen before.

Vinnybagodoughnuts

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2015
No it was about the Isub G and the confusion over there version 1 and 2 . I posted a thread in the Innokin section here and got no response. I then tried to call them but the number listed wasn't in service. I then started a support ticket and got no reply. I will never buy another Innokin product.

Reactions: drysprocket

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
Well I have the S for a few days...5 tanks later not having any issues. Works great! Maybe you got 2 defective tanks. I have the Isub, the Isub g and now the S they all are working fine.

Interesting. So when you close the top after filling, it still locks into place?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread