Geekvape Griffin RTA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rusirius

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2014
DE
Good question! I haven't found any drip tips the correct size. The included tip is just too damn stumpy for my liking!

I haven't found anything that's a direct fit... BUT... The honest truth is, the bore of the chimney is just BARELY larger than a standard 510... I think it measures like 5.8mm or something like that? So to be completely honest, if you don't like the included tip you really aren't sacrificing anything by using the adapter.

Uncletattoowhat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2014
Poquoson, VA
Good question! I haven't found any drip tips the correct size. The included tip is just too damn stumpy for my liking!
I was going to comment that was the only complaint I had was the included drip tip. I'd like one that's a little longer and a bit narrower inside diameter. I guess I could just go ahead and put the 510 adapter in and another tip, but what's the fun in that?

Reactions: bobby james

Roadtrip635

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Texas
I changed the DT on mine as well. The bore was OK, but just a tad to short for my liking, another 2-3mm would have been good. I'm using a cheap hybrid from FT, bottom half is SS and top half is glass and decent bore size. The one I'm using now is about the same size as the Crius DT, which I really like.

TheMike21

ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2015
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
I've been using mine for a little over a week and I love it. No leaks, no problems. I finally got the hang of where to grab it when I want to close AF, JF, fill it up or remove it from the mod. I agree the DT is a little short but I don't think it bothers me. Next test, build is vertically. Should I follow DJLS vapes tutorial? or how does the horseshoe work?

Uncletattoowhat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2014
Poquoson, VA
Day 2 and I'm thoroughly impressed. Wicking with cotton is a no brainer. So what's the trick with using rayon? Every time I do, it's flood city. I don't want to put to much in the juice channels and risk a lot of dry hits. So someone please enlighten me.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
I wick snug in the coil then thin about 1/4-1/2 of the tails and lightly tuck in the channels.

86672C54-25D0-4ACA-9C0F-77D7746F5D16.jpg

GenericPCusername

Oct 6, 2015
NEPA
I'm thinking of picking one of these up along with a RX200 soon, I can't wait! I just refined my clapton skills enough to the point that I'm happy with how the coils are coming out and the flavor is like I'm vaping for the first time again. I'm quite glad I decided to give it another shot. I love the Velocity style deck with those post holes so I'm thinking this one is gonna be a winner in my book for sure!

MadTemp

ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2015
I'm thinking of picking one of these up along with a RX200 soon, I can't wait! I just refined my clapton skills enough to the point that I'm happy with how the coils are coming out and the flavor is like I'm vaping for the first time again. I'm quite glad I decided to give it another shot. I love the Velocity style deck with those post holes so I'm thinking this one is gonna be a winner in my book for sure!
can you make ss clapton? that be epic

rusirius

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2014
DE
Day 2 and I'm thoroughly impressed. Wicking with cotton is a no brainer. So what's the trick with using rayon? Every time I do, it's flood city. I don't want to put to much in the juice channels and risk a lot of dry hits. So someone please enlighten me.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

I used to use rayon exclusively but have went back to my roots the past year or so using cotton. The key with rayon is that it must be tight. Use way way more than you think you need. Cotton swells when wet, but rayon actually shrinks. Rayon also tends to continue to shrink as it's used. That's one of the reasons I stopped using it, in tanks that were very picky I'd often find after a couple days they would start to leak. Don't worry any getting too much. Rayon tends to wick a little more efficiently than cotton, and I've jammed so much cotton in this thing at times I thought there would be no way it would ever wick, but it still kept up with chain vaping no problem.

Reactions: jmercury1

Ben85

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2014
Kent, UK
I have just got myself a Griffin and instantly I have been more impressed with this over any other tank I have purchased.

I am running a dual Clapton .19 build with organic cotton wicks just tucked in the ring and it wicks like a dream at 70 watts. For the money I don't think you can go wrong with this tank.

LA-Vapite

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2013
Los Angeles
Vaping is so smooth on this tank
Flavor is rich and dense

Does anyone have issue dismantling to rewick/recoil
Probably the main reason I still love the crius and billow as well, is the ease of removing the bottom section to leave juice intact to rewick/recoil

Even the Billow 2 with its requirement to remove the bottom to refill seems smoother, and they are similar in taste and draw - especially if you remove the inner cap from the billow

timmygreek

Sep 1, 2014
United States
I've had this for 2 weeks now and I love it. but.... First problem was with the grub screws. They actually broke a pre-made set of clapton's that my vape shop installed when I bought it. No real biggie I made a dual parallel build for it, but here is where the big problem I ran into comes into play. I can't get the juice to flow like it used to. The only way I can get air bubbles to come out of the juice flow holes is to take the top cap off. Ive tried re-wicking it twice (once to top of the ring like every reviewer says and once to the bottom of the juice channel, never stuffing it) but I still have the problem. Did I reassemble it wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread