Not open for further replies.

Jim-

GCS E (1) + V (1) + M (1) = 3
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2013
Los Angeles County, Ca. USA
I'll see if I can break this down to the most simplistic form. And this, as always, is just my humble opinion.
The P3 vs 510. Endurance, that is it. Bring out all the engineers with their "instruments" you want. It is sturdy had has greater endurance. Period. Now the Kabuki vs nautilus? I used a nautilus from the day they hit the shelves till the day my first Kabuki package arrived at my doorstep. It's THAT MUCH BETTER. Not sure I can even put it in to words here. It is something you will have to try for yourself, or not.

serenity21899

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Antioch IL
The one on your other left is a 510...

The one on the left broken down:

nautilus2.jpg

P3 connection. The one on the right in my other picture is the cage option of the 510.

ETA: Misinformation is what is confusing people and causing half of the issues in these threads.

Last edited:

serenity21899

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Antioch IL
P3_connection.jpg

This is the P3 connection, with the middle section from my P3 Nautilus stuck on the mod. That has tended to happen to me frequently, but doesn't happen to everyone.

510_connection.jpg

This is the 510 connections. The center piece needs to be tightened down with a coin when you get it.

Last edited:

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
View attachment 528274

This is the P3 connection. That middle section has a tendency to get stuck on atties, as shown in my picture of the Nautilus P3.

View attachment 528275

This is the 510 connections. The center piece needs to be tightened down with a coin when you get it. Even still, it's the part that gets stuck on atties.
I must disagree on the "tends to get stuck on attys" part...

I have never had one get stuck.

Properly tightening the 510/P3 Ring with a coin eliminates that from happening.

Jim

serenity21899

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Antioch IL
I must disagree on the "tends to get stuck on attys" part...

I have never had one get stuck.

Properly tightening the 510/P3 Ring with a coin eliminates that from happening.

Jim

I'm clarifying my original response, and I've edited what I originally posted.

The center piece from the atty gets stuck on the mod sometimes for me. So you statement is correct, and mine, as originally written, was incorrect.

Last edited:

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Back to questions....

What is the big deal with the P3 connector? It seems I would be limiting myself by going with a P3 tank like a Kabuki or Kayfun. First, they are expensive and also, they won't work on my other mods without some kind of adapter.

I have 5 (soon to be 7) Provaris, and I see no reason to use anything other than 510 tanks such as Subtanks, Crowns, Nautilus, Super Tank Minis, etc.

Educate me. :)

Thx!

Just a bit more on the P3 connector. The following was passed along from Zen in the original Radius thread.

Official ProVari Radius Thread

FringeChief68

Kingsguard
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa, USA
The ProVari Brass Pin :?:

I came into a Provari Mini 2.5 and even though it was in good looking shape, it looked like the Brass Pin was never cleaned.
It was tarnished, and looked more like a spent coil, blackened with burnt juice.:(
In my mind :blink: I was thinking Brass Pin, is made of BRASS :?: So if it's Brass, then I will clean it like Brass. :unsure:

So I got my Brasso out, and put a little drop on a Q-Tip cotton swab, and dapped it on the pin, (without getting any on the rubber gasket around the pin.)
I used the Q-Tip to scrub it, and then wiped it off. I re-cleaned with a Q-tip and 91% Isopropyl Alcohol, and it shined like brand new. :banana:

Not sure if this is the best way or the "right" way to clean it, but it's something to try if a person is having problems getting that Brass Pin to Shine. :)
qtips.jpg

61UXen5QEGL._SY355_.jpg

k2-_9b71f83e-4d08-41f0-9cdf-bcfd7c098f08.v1.jpg-f14bb26e8c11f2e72c38e413c587b7c855446765-optim-450x450.jpg

Last edited:

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
North of Detroit, way south of Heaven
Actually, that is the "right way" to clean it - just about.

The only detour from what you do, officially, is to use 99% IPA with 2 cotton swabs to insure removal of all polish.

Any metal polish is recommended so Brasso is great.

I do it once week during PM and it's the first thing I start to give the Brasso time to dry. I wipe on Brasso (because it's what I have left from basic training), wipe it on for 30 seconds and leave the rest for when I done with everything else to let it dry. When I'm ready, I use 99% IPA and a swab and wipe for 30 seconds, than I use a 2nd swab and repeat to insure complete polish removal.

91% IPA is fine, just give it more time to dry or wipe it with a clean cloth, tissue or vapor towel.

AstroTurf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
I'm clarifying my original response, and I've edited what I originally posted.

The center piece from the atty gets stuck on the mod sometimes for me. So you statement is correct, and mine, as originally written, was incorrect.
Serenity,

Using this to tighten your P3/510 adapter ring may just give you the edge you need to tighten it up just a little bit more.

I would caution though, that anyone using this technique not apply so much force as to loosen the devices top cap.

Cheers, Jim

22d7cbc9d333c75dc61b3592978da78c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Chief and c-gin, great advice and directions. And they work well!

DPL was the piglet of guineas. (He used Noxon Metal Polish)

upload_2016-2-6_0-21-15.jpeg

With his permission, I present his super clean Provi pin. :)

Look at that mirror shine! I could put my make up on with that!

(I prolly just lost all the boyz, didn't I.) :facepalm:

2016-02-05(4).jpg

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
Serenity,

Using this to tighten your P3/510 adapter ring may just give you the edge you need to tighten it up just a little bit more.

I would caution though, that anyone using this technique not apply so much force as to loosen the devices top cap.

Cheers, Jim

22d7cbc9d333c75dc61b3592978da78c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Real men have one of these ;)

upload_2016-2-6_9-51-45.png

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Chief and c-gin, great advice and directions. And they work well!

DPL was the piglet of guineas. (He used Noxon Metal Polish)

View attachment 528571

With his permission, I present his super clean Provi pin. :)

Look at that mirror shine! I could put my make up on with that!

(I prolly just lost all the boyz, didn't I.) :facepalm:

View attachment 528570

Thanks, KD.

That pin, by the way, was GROSS. It's a four-year old Provi (my very first black one), and it was impacting the battery life significantly. I mentioned to her that I was unable to get it cleaned properly, and she mentioned these posts.

So I thank you both, and her, for the info. It's going to my son-in-law, who has been wanting to try a Provi for a couple of years now. I threw a CF wrap on it (because it's also beat to snit), and am going to let him use it for a while. And now, thanks to y'all, the battery will last him as it should.

MUCH appreciated. :thumbs:

FringeChief68

Kingsguard
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa, USA
Actually, that is the "right way" to clean it - just about.

The only detour from what you do, officially, is to use 99% IPA with 2 cotton swabs to insure removal of all polish.

Any metal polish is recommended so Brasso is great.

I do it once week during PM and it's the first thing I start to give the Brasso time to dry. I wipe on Brasso (because it's what I have left from basic training), wipe it on for 30 seconds and leave the rest for when I done with everything else to let it dry. When I'm ready, I use 99% IPA and a swab and wipe for 30 seconds, than I use a 2nd swab and repeat to insure complete polish removal.

91% IPA is fine, just give it more time to dry or wipe it with a clean cloth, tissue or vapor towel.
I couldn't find 99% IPA :( 91% was the highest percent I found when I went shopping.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
North of Detroit, way south of Heaven
I couldn't find 99% IPA :( 91% was the highest percent I found when I went shopping.

Actually ProVape says 99% is preferred but if you can't find any, 91% will do, just let it dry longer. You're fine. :thumb:

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL

I read long ago and verified by personal experience, that one can ask their local pharmacist for 99% and if they don't have any in stock, they can get it in in about a day. That's what I did to get some myself.

AstroTurf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
I read long ago and verified by personal experience, that one can ask their local pharmacist for 99% and if they don't have any in stock, they can get it in in about a day. That's what I did to get some myself.
I actually like the 91% better...

No aftertaste.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread