Tobeco Super Tank Mini.... Why not popular?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
I know nothing about the Tobeco Super tank Mini, but after looking at photos of it, there is one thing that I did notice ...

It looks like it has some type of a proprietary drip tip that makes up the whole top of the atomizer ... Bad if you ever want to install just a standard type 510 drip tip.
Absolutely correct. The entire black top is the drip tip and screws off for top loading juice. It is very heavy duty plastic and should last, but it's definitely a proprietary design.

I don't have a problem with it, but some definitely will.

Reactions: mnk231

JDC1958

ECF Veteran
Nov 26, 2015

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
I looked and don't see it there. I am really curious now could you post the link? Maybe you got the Velocity Mini. Link:
Tobeco Velocity Mini RDA | Rebuildables | VaporBeast
The Sub Tank Mini.

Clearomizers & Tanks | Kanger Subtank Mini | VaporBeast

did I jump topics there? If so sorry. I was comparing the STM to the Tobeco tank this thread is about.

I did also get a Velocity Mini though :)

The second STM I got there was cheaper 15% off due to Cyber monday or somesuch.

JDC1958

ECF Veteran
Nov 26, 2015

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
Love mine. I have three, two black and one zombie. Really like them a lot for the simplicity and ease-of-use. No leaks, no hassle, easy fill. These are now my go-to tanks. Still use my Subtank Minis but prefer the Super Tank Minis.

roo.jpg

Reactions: Ramsay Bolton

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
No problem, but you did get my hopes of a RTA/RBA Base for my mini super tank :)

Not 100% sure if this will work. but there is an RBA (Saucecode RBA) for the Melo 2, which also fits the Aspire. Since the Aspire coils fit the Tobeco Supertank Mini, can we assume that Saucecode RBA will also fit the Supertank Mini? As soon as I find one I am going to buy it and give it a go. It's a $7 gamble.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Not 100% sure if this will work. but there is an RBA (Saucecode RBA) for the Melo 2, which also fits the Aspire. Since the Aspire coils fit the Tobeco Supertank Mini, can we assume that Saucecode RBA will also fit the Supertank Mini? As soon as I find one I am going to buy it and give it a go. It's a $7 gamble.
Good info. Thx.

I am thinking about trying the Triton RBA in my Super Tank Minis. Apparently it works fine. $8.99 experiment in any case.

JDC1958

ECF Veteran
Nov 26, 2015

Something to think about in the future. Thanks @gpjoe

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
I will bring a Super Tank Mini to my local B&M over the holidays and try out all of the Aspire and iLeaf coils (rebuildable and non) that are supposed to fit before the new year.

I have 3 Super Tanks and only a half dozen coils left and I don't really have a Canadian source for more. I need a solution for RBAs and/or prebuilt coils and Aspire or eLeaf would be perfect if any of them fit (Atlantis, Triton or Melo) as they are readily available.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
I don't' know why it's not more popular either. My experience with it has been that it's rock solid.
I use it as my semi stealth vape. Never spitting, never a leak. It's rock solid.

I found it because it was recommended by a local vape shop.
I have been using 3 Super Tank Minis daily for over 2 months now (since starting this thread). These tanks are amazing IMO. Better than my Subtanks and Crowns (except for the RBA functionality) and they just do not leak. Great airflow options and the topfill is much better than my Crowns or Kanger Toptanks.

The Aspire Triton coils work flawlessly in the Super Tank Mini as well.

I would buy more of these, but 3 is enough IMO. They are so reliable, I can't see them breaking for the forseeable future.

They are nice and compact as well.

Definately worth a look. I would buy these all day long over Subtank Minis... and I have a bunch of Subtank Minis, Nanos and Toptanks that are in regular rotation.

Reactions: niczgreat

Major911

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2014
Grand Island, FL, USA
I had a couple of these tanks awhile back and couldn't find a coil that suited me. While at my local b&m today one of the guys there that turned me on to them before had me try his again. It was phenomenal. I asked what he did differently. He was running a 0.9ohm ceramic coil from vaporesso (the gold ones). At 25-30w this thing was making plenty of clouds and the flavor was thru the roof. I am familiar with the juice in it but mine never tasted this good. I immediately bought another one and a 5pk of C Cell ceramic coils (same price as the Atlantis coils). I'm usually an RTA vaper and prefer building my own but I must admit. For a stock coil this combo has won me over. [emoji106] I almost forgot to mention the coil he had in there was 3wks old and still tasted that good. He said that he usually get 4wks out of it before pitching them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread