Status
Not open for further replies.

westhc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2013
San Francisco Bay Area, CA, USA
Their 1.5 coils have a smaller air hole then the authentic ones.
The clones work just fine for me though and I am "frugal" (or perhaps cheap).
And when I started buying the clones I could not tell any difference from the authentic.
But I know others have been able to tell the difference in their vape.

Nanny22

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2014
Michigan
Sorry for those that have to work tomorrow. {{{{Lynn}}}}

0252661bdb7fcd8ea735662f9c4b7a7cb2df2de2d5ec266e9ba19d69f141806f.jpg

Mario06

Nov 18, 2014
The clones work just fine for me though and I am "frugal" (or perhaps cheap).
And when I started buying the clones I could not tell any difference from the authentic.
But I know others have been able to tell the difference in their vape.
In the M & MS versions since the have 2 air intakes they'll do good but not the GS Tank the draw is very tight due to the single airflow slot. The solution is simple, all one does is add the ni200 gourmet and pin for more airflow .. Since I rebuild mine with a micro coil/horizontal at 1.4 ohms and inner diameter of 2.5 I need the bigger pin hole for decent flavor and vapor .. You can even do a tight lung hit if mounted on the M series... :)

westhc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2013
I rebuilt 1 gs air coil with the 400 mesh today.
Did go back and refresh my memory with Cheechako's blog on the easy way to get the coil top off and he gives the perfect size to cut the mesh strip.
Many thanks Cheechako!
I rolled the mesh strip around a large screw before inserting in the cap and that was a snap. Much easier than trying to position the gauze.

The rebuilt coil fires and draws just fine But........................
I did not think to clean the fasttech gauze before using it and there was a horrid (machine oil?) taste!
I know it's not the wire or the rayon used so it must be the mesh.
I have a square and the remains of the strip soaking now in vodka and will retry the experiment tomorrow.
I will also clean the 300 mesh before I use it in a coil.

On the plus side, rebuilding was easier than I remember from the last time I did.

Cheechako

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Arizona
I rebuilt 1 gs air coil with the 400 mesh today.
Did go back and refresh my memory with Cheechako's blog on the easy way to get the coil top off and he gives the perfect size to cut the mesh strip.
Many thanks Cheechako!
I rolled the mesh strip around a large screw before inserting in the cap and that was a snap. Much easier than trying to position the gauze.

The rebuilt coil fires and draws just fine But........................
I did not think to clean the fasttech gauze before using it and there was a horrid (machine oil?) taste!
I know it's not the wire or the rayon used so it must be the mesh.
I have a square and the remains of the strip soaking now in vodka and will retry the experiment tomorrow.
I will also clean the 300 mesh before I use it in a coil.

On the plus side, rebuilding was easier than I remember from the last time I did.
Doh! I hadn't thought about oil on some mesh. I guess none of mine had oil on it.
I looked through my stuff trying to find the right size mandrel to wrap the mesh on to put in the cap.
The notorious blue screwdriver handle is the perfect size to wrap the mesh on and slip into the cap.
Other than the oil taste, did it wick well?
Kinda like asking, "Other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?"

westhc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2013
For the few puffs I took the mesh seemed to work well. Draw was fine, unfortunately no dry hits.
But it really didn't get a workout.

Supposed to have sun tomorrow (I need natural light for this close work) so I will play some more and report back.

Leopards

ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2016
NE Ohio
I'm a big fan of the mesh now, much easier to use and makes for a cleaner taste.
No break in for the liner, I was getting a taste like cotton breaking in for the first
few vapes. Thought it was the rayon, turned out to be the liner.
Yep, taste just like the sterile dressings smell! Good thing it goes away fast, since I have enough to last me longer than my life expectancy!

Cheechako

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Arizona
Yep, taste just like the sterile dressings smell! Good thing it goes away fast, since I have enough to last me longer than my life expectancy!
:lol: Yep! It is a good thing it fades fast 'cause it's nasty.
I tried all kinds of liner material including cotton sheets designed for cleaning rifles. Nothing wicked properly but the gauze.
Reusing the liner from the original coils was out of the question, couldn't be cleaned well enough.
The nasty break in was a small price to pay for me, love these coils!

aldenf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2014
NYC, NJ, USA
Doh! I hadn't thought about oil on some mesh. I guess none of mine had oil on it.
I looked through my stuff trying to find the right size mandrel to wrap the mesh on to put in the cap.
The notorious blue screwdriver handle is the perfect size to wrap the mesh on and slip into the cap.
Kinda like asking, "Other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?"

Our American Cousin is a dreadful play and goes on for over FOUR hours! Abe was the lucky one... :lol:

LynnNC

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
NC
I haven't used the mesh yet, as I have so many coils to go through before I recoil again but I'm thinking of trying the good ole Ultrasonic Cleaner to clean it. :)
I've already used the mesh that Tibs sent me(sure do wish she'd send me some more hint hint) and didn't do anything to it before I cut it. :shock:

westhc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2013
I soaked and cleaned the 400 mesh really well that had the very off taste then put that back in a cleaned rebuilt coil.
So much better!!!! Whew, I was worried.
It seems to wick well, and has a clean taste now.
But, just like my experience with the rebuilt coil with rayon and gauze, I do not taste any noticeable difference over the stock clone coils.
I also cleaned the 300 mesh that I got but that will go into my stash box.

I should be set for vapocalypse.
Based on using the 1/4" x 1" strips in the coil I can make 200 rebuilt coils with the $3 400 mesh I now have on hand.
And if the mesh can be cleaned and reused 2, 3, 4, or 5 times that's up to a 1000 coils.
If you are using mesh, how many times have you been able to clean and reuse it?

Being lazy, I just ordered more clone coils from fasttech with the 20% off coupon KUNGHEI.
They won't ship until after CNY but I have lots on hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread