Not open for further replies.

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
CL and Cool,

Very nice to see you two keeping the thread alive.

I may be the (now-retired) Dean of RY4s, but I regard you both as Full Professors of RY4 (with tenure).
I consider that a compliment. Thank you Bill. I don't experiment with different RY4s anymore myself, but I do have a few favorites I keep on hand and still enjoy. This thread is still, and always will be, a great resource. True, maybe somewhat outdated with all the newer, more advanced equipment available now days, but the basic information is still relevant. All these other juices vendors are calling RY4s, custom, extremely custom, almost to loosing the true, original RY4 definition, don't do much for me. I have always been more of a classic gal, and remain true to my roots. I even enjoy my faves in a Davide or Protank (rebuilt coils of course) at a low temperature and higher vg. Classically good.

Cool_Breeze

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2011
Kentucky
well that's good to hear, because I WANNA TRY :D

I'm guessin it's there own concoction because they sell RY4Dbl
but I see NO HY4 flavoring... :?:

:toast: HAPPY NE W YEAR all :party:

View attachment 519118
If I remember correctly, you are right...'no HY4 'flavoring." However, they do offer premixed HY4 at a bargan price for those willing to buy a bit of quantity.

Reactions: pufZeppelin

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
I consider that a compliment. Thank you Bill. I don't experiment with different RY4s anymore myself, but I do have a few favorites I keep on hand and still enjoy. This thread is still, and always will be, a great resource. True, maybe somewhat outdated with all the newer, more advanced equipment available now days, but the basic information is still relevant.

All these other juices vendors are calling RY4s, custom, extremely custom,
almost to loosing the true, original RY4 definition, don't do much for me.

I have always been more of a classic gal, and remain true to my roots. I even enjoy my faves in a Davide or Protank (rebuilt coils of course) at a low temperature and higher vg. Classically good.

so true, it's like these goofs calling EVERYTHING a 'Black Friday Sale' :facepalm: :rolleyes:

kinda dilutes it all...

Reactions: clnire

jackmormon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2013
Has anyone else into RY4 juices tried Doodlebug's NET RY4? Somewhat similar to Charlie Noble PY4 in the creaminess/high vg/and sub ohm friendly way with a more classic leaning flavor profile. Totally blown away. I haven't been this excited about an RY4 for a long time. Great prices and service also.

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
Has anyone else into RY4 juices tried Doodlebug's NET RY4? Somewhat similar to Charlie Noble PY4 in the creaminess/high vg/and sub ohm friendly way with a more classic leaning flavor profile. Totally blown away. I haven't been this excited about an RY4 for a long time. Great prices and service also.

Jack,

After reading your post, I went to Doodlebug's site and read your review of their NET-based RY4 on the product page. Great stuff.

For the record, I didn't "retire" from maintaining this thread because I felt that RY4s were on the way out. A couple of my old buddies from the Natural Tobacco thread feel that NETs aren't particularly well-suited to sub-ohm, high-wattage vaping, but I don't have an opinion about that. And RY4s---in all their various genres, whether Classic (mostly Chinese), Custom (mainly American), or the NET-based sub-genre---aren't going away anytime soon. The "holy trinity" core flavorings of RY4 (tobacco, caramel, and vanilla) are too tasty a combination to fade from vaping.

No, I retired because, after reviewing nearly 200 RY4s and compiling/maintaining The Big RY4 Lists for four years, I just got tired of all the hard work required. The Really Big RY4 Roundup thread was a day-in, day-out labor of love for me for a long time, but even love can get old. Currently I write reviews for a commercial vaping site and get paid to do so, which, I have to admit, is a refreshing change.

I DIY my juices almost exclusively these days and rarely if ever buy retail liquids, but I ordered a 30ml bottle of Doodlebug's RY4 because I want to taste for myself this amazing RY4 that you raved about. After I've vaped some, I'll post my thoughts here.

luceblueboy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2010
Ohio
I won some new RY4 variant from Atty Lube. It is in the classic RY4 category with a little bit of menthol added. Somewhat like Ejoker but different. I polished off the bottle extremely quick. Every veteran vaper that I had try it wanted it badly. I highly recommend checking it out once they finally release it.

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
I won some new RY4 variant from Atty Lube. It is in the classic RY4 category with a little bit of menthol added. Somewhat like Ejoker but different. I polished off the bottle extremely quick. Every veteran vaper that I had try it wanted it badly. I highly recommend checking it out once they finally release it.

Luce,

Hi there. Long time. Last I remember you had given up vaping (or is my memory playing tricks on me?). At any rate, nice to see you.

The juice you won is apparently Atty Lube GUV. Atty Lube doesn't say what the acronym stands for, but they describe it as "a tobacco flavored liquid inspired by RY4 recipes but turned into something else entirely. Almond hints are noted lightly in the background." No mention of menthol, but I'll take your word for that.

Not to nitpick, but GUV doesn't sound much like Classic RY4. Definitely Custom.

Looks like Inoxicated sells Atty Lube juices in only one size---120ml bottles for $55. I'd like to try some GUV, but that price is way too rich for my blood.

Jman28546

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2013
Jacksonville, nc, usa
Weird..I started on ry4s and tobacco/wta/NETs and I switched to fruits and unflavored 3mg diy for awhile subohming and dripping..now after a year and a half..I'm back to a kayfun lite rocking 50/50 6mg ry4s and i enjoy it soo much better now coming from subohm..so much less hassle just fill and go and I don't have to lung hot and people don't stare at me..love mister e liquid ry4 and indigo ry and I couldn't be happier to just be relaxing when I vape..can't believe it took me this long to realize subohm is just a thing

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
Weird..I started on ry4s and tobacco/wta/NETs and I switched to fruits and unflavored 3mg diy for awhile subohming and dripping..now after a year and a half..I'm back to a kayfun lite rocking 50/50 6mg ry4s and i enjoy it soo much better now coming from subohm..so much less hassle just fill and go and I don't have to lung hot and people don't stare at me..love mister e liquid ry4 and indigo ry and I couldn't be happier to just be relaxing when I vape..can't believe it took me this long to realize subohm is just a thing

Jman,

I'd be willing to bet that your experience echoes that of many other people, or will eventually. The enthusiasts on the various internet forums may comprise a significant percentage of vapers, but perhaps not even a majority. Higher power sub-ohming might be all the rage here on ECF or VU, but I imagine that millions of vapers are still using cig-a-likes or eGos with CE4 clearos. Those folks might never have ordered from an online vendor or been to a dedicated brick-and-mortar vaping store. They got their kit and juice from the local 7/11. And, like yourself, some enthusiasts who switched to sub-ohming will take a step back to simpler hardware and lower power vaping with higher nic. People use the phrase, "whatever floats your boat," and much of the time that means just keeping your boat afloat however you can.

MisterE RY4 and Indigo RY are certainly good choices.

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
I broke out my newish bottle of Doodlebug's RY4 today. It's a Custom RY4 made with natural tobacco extract, caramel, and vanilla cream. The plastic-bottled liquid has been steeping for awhile now. I've lost track of exactly how long, probably two weeks.

Very nice. It doesn't shout "RY4!" (its RY4-voice is barely a whisper, actually) but that doesn't detract at all from the enjoyment. I can't tell what tobacco was used for the extract---probably a Burley or Virginia---but the recipe proportions were obviously applied with a light touch. In fact, I can't tell much about any of the individual ingredients, since the three elements are merged into one overall flavor that's mild but quite tasty. Many Custom RY4s are characterized by distinct and bold flavors, but the unity of flavor here is very pleasing. Whatever flavoring or combination of flavors was used for the Vanilla Cream is extremely creamy. That's probably my strongest impression---smooth and creamy. Nothing is out of place. A thoroughly enjoyable juice. I have many drawers in my storage cabinets devoted exclusively to RY4s, both retail and DIY, and Doodlebug's version won't last long.

Makes me think that maybe I should open my drawer of 50 homemade natural tobacco extracts---more than 2 liters all told---and do another round of DIY NET RY4s. All my tobacco extracts are now more than two years old. After one year, they were still good, if somewhat more mellow than when newly extracted. I'll be interested to see how they've fared after another year of aging.

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
I broke out my newish bottle of Doodlebug's RY4 today. It's a Custom RY4 made with natural tobacco extract, caramel, and vanilla cream. The plastic-bottled liquid has been steeping for awhile now. I've lost track of exactly how long, probably two weeks.

Very nice. It doesn't shout "RY4!" (its RY4-voice is barely a whisper, actually) but that doesn't detract at all from the enjoyment. I can't tell what tobacco was used for the extract---probably a Burley or Virginia---but the recipe proportions were obviously applied with a light touch. In fact, I can't tell much about any of the individual ingredients, since the three elements are merged into one overall flavor that's mild but quite tasty. Many Custom RY4s are characterized by distinct and bold flavors, but the unity of flavor here is very pleasing. Whatever flavoring or combination of flavors was used for the Vanilla Cream is extremely creamy. That's probably my strongest impression---smooth and creamy. Nothing is out of place. A thoroughly enjoyable juice. I have many drawers in my storage cabinets devoted exclusively to RY4s, both retail and DIY, and Doodlebug's version won't last long.

Makes me think that maybe I should open my drawer of 50 homemade natural tobacco extracts---more than 2 liters all told---and do another round of DIY NET RY4s. All my tobacco extracts are now more than two years old. After one year, they were still good, if somewhat more mellow than when newly extracted. I'll be interested to see how they've fared after another year of aging.
Thanks Bill.. The site is at Welcome to DoodlebugsEjuice.com - Low Cost-High Quality E Liquids

KC33

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2013
Ft. Lauderdale, FL USA
Hi everyone, I haven't visited this thread in a couple of years and wanted to stop by and say hey. I actually found an RY4 that I fell in love with which made me think of you Bill.
I haven't vaped RY4 in ages but I received a sample from Clay at NET.com and I found it to be extraordinary.

Nice to see the thread is still active! Vape on. :thumbs:

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
Hi everyone, I haven't visited this thread in a couple of years and wanted to stop by and say hey. I actually found an RY4 that I fell in love with which made me think of you Bill.
I haven't vaped RY4 in ages but I received a sample from Clay at NET.com and I found it to be extraordinary.

Nice to see the thread is still active! Vape on. :thumbs:

KC,

I have two bottles of RY4 sent to me years ago as gifts from Clay. One is labeled RY4.1, the other RY4.2. Both are NET-based Custom RY4s. I just sampled the RY4.1 again, and it's still very good. Tasted like a Virginia extract with some Burley heft, if my palate's memory of NETs remains accurate---flavorful but somewhat lean, with decidedly more tobacco emphasis than a dessert-style RY4. Very impressive, actually, especially for tobacco lovers. Admittedly, the versions I have are far more potent at 12mg nic than the 3mg juices I vape these days.

Since I was waltzing down memory lane, I also sampled some Janty RY4s---DK and Classic-X---and was reminded once again why RY4 is such a classic eliquid flavor blend. I also vaped a bit of QuickNic ouR whY Qu4tro, another NET-based Custom RY4. Real blasts from the past, and still delicious.

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
That's great, Bill, it's nice to see you've been able to still get a thrill out of all these wonderful blends. I imagine you are concentrating your efforts more on the homebrews these days.

Yes, I've steadily converted more and more of my juices from retail to DIY. These days, my purchases of any retail juices are few and far between. While the marketplace offers many superb retail juices, my DIY versions are more than good enough for me.

Also, over the years since I quit smoking, I've found that my palate continues to change. Tobacco as a flavor is no longer as tasty and compelling as it once was. My sweet tooth was always partial to dessert juices, and fruits have now come along (at least the standard fruits---strawberry, raspberry, lemon, banana) have come along as sweeter juices took center stage for me. I especially like the various contrasting elements of sweet and tart or sweet and sour. Basically, bakery-style juices are the base of my vaping now. I don't how that might change in the future, but I'm well-prepared for whatever my brain wants.

Metal Storm

ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2015
Mid TN USA
Mr. Vape is having a 2 for 1 sale this Saturday and Sunday:

Buy 2 bottles at Mrvape.com Get 1 Free! Starts 3/26.
This Saturday and Sunday (3/26-3/27) be sure to take advantage of this great spring time sale. For online customers select 2 bottles of eliquid of the same size for your shopping cart and at check out, in the comment section, write the flavor, nic level, size and ratio of your desired free bottle of equal or lesser value.

This is sale is available online and in store!
We are also having a special in store bonus: 20% off ALL Vape hardware Saturday through Sunday (including but not limited to; coils, tanks, mods and RDAs)

http://www.mrvape.com

Ry4

Mr Vape is one of the best, IMO.

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
Mr. Vape is having a 2 for 1 sale this Saturday and Sunday:

Ry4

Mr Vape is one of the best, IMO.

Everyone I know — including me — agrees: MrVape RY4 is among the very best retail RY4s available. I haven't purchased a new bottle for more than two years, but back then the flavor profile was somewhere between a Classic RY4 and a Custom RY4, leaning a bit more toward Custom, but with some definite Classic elements. Great stuff!

Reactions: Cool_Breeze
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread