Ikenvapers Chat (the door is open for EVERYBODY! Come on in.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Good morning, Ikenvapers!
I just wished these doctors would quit playin musical chairs with my feet before I lose one. The foot doc had no clue about whats going on. Oh well my life inurance runs out at 80 so I don't want to get too health.
ROLFSit_zpsv8lljcye.gif
It gets worse. My bank decides it wants to do the whole security check thing. I answer all the questions and it comes up "we're sorry but we can't do it at this time". So I call the support# and get the same bs. So I am locked out. I better not have any non payment charges for their sake.
And I will definitely let them know exactly what I think tomorrow.
_hitwithbat__by_ledmaiden-d2zk8ru_zpsvfio1g2s.gif
OMG, you're getting buried!

Oh, nevermind. I'm so glad you got the bank thing worked out. See? Even banks are better than those stupid doctors! And, that's really saying something.
Happy cryday...A co worker who I worked closely with passed. I'm going to his funeral today. It's the saddest thing...He retired 3 months ago. He had cancer a long time ago and he beat it with chemo and radiation. Evidently the radiation weakened the wall and long story short...his colon ruptured or had a slow leak (something like that, anyway)and he went into cardiac arrest during surgery while they were trying to save him. It's so sad. You work your whole life in the hopes of retiring and having a nice new life without working...and boom!! I'm so upset.:(
I'm so sorry, cat!

Just a reminder to not put off your happiness until retirement. They keep moving retirement age up because we're living longer. They design retirement to be a time to die, not live. So, live NOW!
Me too, DP. Busted my backside yesterday on snow clearing...we ended up with about 12". Katie wants more done today, I said no...I'm not shoveling the whole dang yard o_O
All this talk about shoveling snow! I live in Texas. So, I wouldn't know.

I picture all you northerners with tons of snow blocking all your doors, having to go upstairs to climb outside to get out and start shoveling. What a sight!

catcat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
WA
Good morning:) Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. So I did something I don't usually do last night. I had 2 shots of brandyo_O...put on my cd's from the 70's and 80's:banana:...danced up a storm :rickroll:(great workout!) and slept like a baby:thumb:.

Happy Katurday!!:banana:

DH...your words convinced me to go to Vegas over spring break with a long time girlfriend. It will be fun and I WANT this.:thumbs:

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
Good morning:) Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. So I did something I don't usually do last night. I had 2 shots of brandyo_O...put on my cd's from the 70's and 80's:banana:...danced up a storm :rickroll:(great workout!) and slept like a baby:thumb:.

Happy Katurday!!:banana:

DH...your words convinced me to go to Vegas over spring break with a long time girlfriend. It will be fun and I WANT this.:thumbs:

And you didn't invite me
sad-012.gif
Just kidding I'm glad you're going. You owe yourself.
I had a Dos Equis last nigh that helped me to dreamland.
sleeping-and-dreaming-smiley-emoticon.gif

Last edited:

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Good for you, cat! For immersing yourself in the music AND for Vegas trip. Live now! But, be sure to be reasonably careful on your trip, or I'll feel like it was my fault!

Poor, Mr. Stud! But, sometimes getting a good night's sleep is celebration enough. It sure is for me!

catcat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
WA
You want to go to Vegas studman??:) If anyone knows of another place to go relatively cheap, let me know please. We are looking for warm weather, a pool (beach would be nice, too) for a 4 dayer. As much as I like kids...I want to be in an adult atmosphere for this getaway.;)

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
You want to go to Vegas studman??:) If anyone knows of another place to go relatively cheap, let me know please. We are looking for warm weather, a pool (beach would be nice, too) for a 4 dayer. As much as I like kids...I want to be in an adult atmosphere for this getaway.;)

Vegas works. :D:thumbs:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Me too, DP. Busted my backside yesterday on snow clearing...we ended up with about 12". Katie wants more done today, I said no...I'm not shoveling the whole dang yard o_O

I can't believe how much you guys got. You were supposed to get almost nothing, weren't you? The last I heard, it would be a coastal storm, with just a few down our way.

Imagine my surprise...

More coming Tuesday, or so I hear. I'm considering hibernation.

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
As long as I can get my car in and out of the drive, the walks, and door steps are cleared, I'm happy. This one was so wet that I did have to use the roof rake to pull the snow off the shed roof and the lower edges of the house. Katie wanted me to dig paths out to the garage side door, and out to the bird feeder. Told her to get busy :laugh:

Yes, watching that storm brewing for Tuesday, I'm supposed to be helping the ex move Meriden Tues. If that's not stressful enough, just add snow to the mix and this transplanted southern gal may have to put on the boxing gloves!

Cat, sounds like a fun trip for you!!

Ipster

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2012
Hawaii, SAR,HongKong (Stanley)
Ipster, first time seeing you. I'm glad you stopped by and shared the fun with us. I hope to see you around more often. Speaking of 747 I do wish I was about 747 yrs. younger and over there partying with everyone.
Sorry for delay..been "off island" as we say over here.IOW- away from home working.....(grrr the words that make us shudder).So "747s" have an entirely other meeting in Hawaii - they refer to those giant flying cockaroaches that out number the people about 10 to 1. I forgot since Im old and still call them B 52s..but kids/grandkids say 747.

our "local" humor about Hawaiian Pidgin speak and 747 cockroaches. Be ready the first one at 5 minutes shows our
747s and if you're like me it could cause nightmares....(the wrong kind of memories)

Ipster

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2012
As long as I can get my car in and out of the drive, the walks, and door steps are cleared, I'm happy. This one was so wet that I did have to use the roof rake to pull the snow off the shed roof and the lower edges of the house. Katie wanted me to dig paths out to the garage side door, and out to the bird feeder. Told her to get busy :laugh:

Yes, watching that storm brewing for Tuesday, I'm supposed to be helping the ex move Meriden Tues. If that's not stressful enough, just add snow to the mix and this transplanted southern gal may have to put on the boxing gloves!

Cat, sounds like a fun trip for you!!
Sending some warmth your way, be safe.
Hey btw, its never all Palm Trees and swaying breezes over here- I feel "awful" for elderly tourists that save up
all there lives for the one vacation toHawaii (or honeymooners, wedding planners etc) and the travel agents
never mention that we DO have winter here too! Its more closely related to FL; 40s-50s in F degrees and
mostly for us it is the "rainy" season. I mean for folks that dont know tropical rainstorms, torrential! I sometimes think
a sunny day with beautiful snow can be better. No doubt like every place theres "local" weather differences...
I am in a winter day too..."wellies" vs. snow skies?
Cheers,
Ip

Ipster

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2012
No...I'm too ornery for anyone's interest ;)
Hey ornery is at the top of the best of the best! Dont you know the #1 attraction for what ppl find "sexy" is humor?
Just met you and like you already! (except Im another fem and straight-LOL), but strong women, good attitude,you go!

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia

Happy..... what day is this? Oh right!!!! KATURDAY! (git yer paint cans ready, kiddies)

catcat, forgive me, but I had no idea... Vegas has beaches now?... did Cali really sink into the ocean??? :blink:

Ipster

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2012
Happy..... what day is this? Oh right!!!! KATURDAY! (git yer paint cans ready, kiddies)

catcat, forgive me, but I had no idea... Vegas has beaches now?... did Cali really sink into the ocean??? :blink:
Couple ideas:
from friends that found super savers:
St Maartens stay in VRBO or similar
and while its just re opened - HAVANA! not going to be "LUX" because the investor $$ havent gotten up and running yet
but warm, sandy beaches,and VERY kind to visitors forthe first time in decades!

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
Naw Cat I was just joshin you. I did my Vegas thing when I was young enough to party hard. Did the Mazatlan thing too. That was fun...and warm. I went when there was a couple feet of snow. It's weird to leave in coats and then have summer cloths on when you get there.
Vegas is a good place to go for fun.

Kat they don't have oceans but they sure got some neat cement ponds over in that there Vegas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread