• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Pagan/Wiccan Revival 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
My card for the day is the 8 of Swords....
Not one of my favorites.....it usually means I feel trapped (not physically)and don't see a way out...
fd4243106ad53ec45b33f034c23f828e.jpg
838144c8ed6430477b37c0c9a4990c4f.jpg

The Eight of Swords reflects that you feel trapped by your own thoughts and perspectives. The woman in this card is blindfolded and bound, trapping her into thinking that she has no way out. However, if only she could remove the blindfold and change her thinking, she would see that she does indeed have options. So, the Eight of Swords suggests that you need to look at a difficult situation from a new angle. Draw upon your intellectual self and your emotional self to determine the best path forward, one that avoids any possible victimization or restriction.
The Eight of Swords is often a sign that it is best not to make any important decisions at this point because your thinking has been limited and constrained by self-imposed boundaries. You are struggling to see a situation for what it is and have been lead to believe certain things that may or may not be true. There are choices available but first you must be within the right mindset to know which option to choose. This means releasing the bindings and the blindfold to see the situation from a different, less imposing angle. There may also be too many ideas running through your head, thus it is best to wait until you feel more secure and certain about a situation before making important decisions and taking action.

The woman in the Eight of Swords is often seen as powerless. She has surrendered her power to an unknown entity, thus rendering herself completely powerless. She has become the victim and is now waiting to be rescued. If you see part of this woman in yourself, then it is imperative you take back your power and personal accountability and open your eyes to the options that lie in front of you. The fact is that you do have options, even if you do not like those options. This is fine, so long as you accept that you do indeed have options and you do not have to be the victim here.

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Fuzzy I liked that Field of intention.....it's so much like the Power of now....and that is something I totally get....I know that the words we choose make all the difference......I always have problems with words because they have other meanings....so I use mostly pictures (that's what people like me do)....it worked for many things that I have done spells for....and the way I see it this is the same as me doing candle magic....I do the same thing with the flame....& the blue light I use to surround me when I go out....it's much wider around me when I do because I only want positive things to come close to me.....

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Here is what can help any unbalanced areas......I use a pendulum to find the problem area and the crystals to help fix it..it helps to have someone assist with doing this...
2004b9b38ae61e37c4479cccf4e8ff91.jpg

Isn't it interesting that all things repeat themselves?.............it's the same as a rainbow....& the color system we use still today...ROYGBVW.............
Everything is connected............

Last edited:

Fuzzy Thunderbear

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2015
NOWHERE, SD, USA
I know that the words we choose make all the difference..
As far as your Field of Intentions, it really is not the words you use, but the emotion you put behind them. We use the words to convince ourselves of what it is we are feeling or to attempt to tell others what we are feeling, wanting, needing... but when you are asking your higher self/spirit/angels/Universe for something, the actionable thing is the picture you hold - your emotional commitment to that need. I know I have said to not put forth negative words (e.g., "I shall not get sick") because the operative verb/noun is "get sick," but once you really get into this, the way to guarantee you don't get sick is to visualize (make a picture in your mind) your body in perfectly healthy condition. "My body conforms to the original intended template - all parts work perfectly as intended." Again, though, that's just a bunch of words, an affirmation, or, if you choose, casting a spell. It is not the word itself that matters; it is your intention and how much emotion (your focus energy) is attached to making that intent become your reality. Did that make more sense?
I always have problems with words because they have other meanings.
Yup, they do. The same word used on the east coast can mean the opposite of what is intended on the west coast (or anywhere else). So here's something I put together a zillion years ago that defines the exact meaning of many of the titles pagans use ... and MISUSE because they do not know the original meaning in the native language that word came from. ENJOY!

Definitions

If we are to communicate with any hope of not constantly misunderstanding in this subject area, we must first have some common definitions. Hollywood and most novels, by the way, use these all wrong.

Magician: from the old Persian Magus (plural is Magi) meaning “wise one” or “magic user”

Mage: also from Magus, but more often used as “wise one gifted with foresight”

Thaumaturge: wonder worker (Greek “Thaumaturgy” is the art of making miracles happen)

Theurgist: one who practices Theurgy, meaning "divine work" (white magic - the working of miracles through the intervention of angels or divine spirits)

Thelemite:
followers of Thelema, the Law (ala Aleister Crowley)

Goetic: performer of Goety, a black magic (Greek for dark wizardry)

Pentagram: a five pointed star; with point up, it is good; with point down, it is evil. Most often, the pentagram used in paganism is interwoven over/under, not a solid.

Wizard: Old Norse, meaning "clever" or "knowing" (man of occult power)

Sorcerer/Sorceress: related to Sortilege, foretelling of the future by casting lots

Enchanter/Enchantress: user of magic to beguile or ensnare. " Enchant" is Old French for "bewitch" (which means nothing more than "to sing" - ala mermaids), spellbind, enrapture, compel, delude.

Conjuror: one who binds or constrains with an oath, using the power found in divine names

Necromancer: used interchangeably with magician, but is really narrower - means "corpse divination" (calling back the dead from beyond the grave)

Nigromancy: black magic

Demonists: those who practice Demonolatry, the worship of demons, which is a spirit dwelling between the gods and humans. Movies convince you that a demon is evil (one of Satan's minions), but that was not the intent. This is a spirit that has not moved on.

Satanists: those who use anti-social behavior to shock, or as an anti-Christian rebellion. There are Satanists who worship Satan (who doesn't really even exist), but mostly they are just people who want to freak out other people by appearing very evil (and some of them are).

Witchcraft: from Wicca, a male magician, and Wicce, a female magician. Wiccian means to practice sorcery. Wicca is also a corrupt form of Witga (prophet, soothsayer, wizard) which is from Wítan (to see) and Wetan (to know), therefore witchcraft is simply the craft of the wise.

Warlock: Old Scottish, meaning Liar or Traitor, one who breaks faith. Commonly used to mean a male witch, but this use is not proper. If used properly, today, everyone in government would be a warlock. ;)

Druid: Celtic, meaning "Oak-wise." Druids formed a priestly caste who practiced natural magic using herbs, plants, stones.

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Words are one of my biggest issues in this world...as you said there are so many meanings to 1 word that I think was meant to cause many hardships for the beings of this planet...my thought are clear, but I always have troubles explaining them in the right order to insure proper understanding......
As you said before I can't wait for more people to pick up on the telepathy....and hear telepathic waves I am sending out....
I guess with the above list I am very Druid.....I try to do lots of work with herbs also....but some of them I can't be around....so I have to make do with those I can....

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
..whereas "enchante" (with an accent over the "e"..) is still around in Modern french ..used by itself as a response to meeting ...delighted to meet you... interesting ,Fuzzy. thanks

And pronounced, not as enchant, but as On-shawn-tay mademoiselle. Comun tally vous? :) (we 'Mericuns can really screw up French, n'est ce pas?)
That's what came to mind when I read that.....with the "e"....and I am so "enchante" all of you.........

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
My card for the day is the 8 of Pentacles.....a good card for me at this time...
db60881afa89dda56eaa63579741de9a.jpg
d364409eebf086ba56f499f762a7798c.jpg

The Eight of Pentacles is the card of apprenticeship. An apprenticeship, whether actual or metaphoric, is a time of learning new skills and a time of beginning something that one has not previously done. In this sense, the Eight of Pentacles indicates that you are experiencing or about to experience a change or a new beginning in terms of your work, education or financial circumstances. However, unlike many of the other cards indicating change or renewal, the Eight of Pentacles symbolises a concentrated determination to master the new skill being learned and the single-minded effort of someone who has consciously chosen a new career path or creative undertaking. This card shows a diligent and hard-working attitude, and indicates that you are applying yourself fully to whatever is at the centre of your attention. This card creates success through perseverance and individual initiative as opposed to luck or the generosity of others.
The Eight of Pentacles suggests you are working away at the finer details of the various aspects of your life, in an effort to continuously improve your situation. You may be unhappy with your current state and you know you need to make some important changes in your life to increase your overall satisfaction. This card is a really positive sign that you are committed to making those changes and to ensuring that you give yourself the best possible chance. Overall, this is a very hard-working and conscientious energy that is present in your life.
The Eight of Pentacles may indicate further education or study in order to hone your skills. You may already be proficient in a particular skill set but you are now seeking to master those skills. For example, you may be a great home cook but now you are starting to focus your attention on fine French cuisine. Or perhaps you have learnt the basics of Tarot reading but now you want to become a Tarot expert! You know that it will require a lot of focus and dedication in your studies but you are willing to work hard and to pay attention to the details. You know that you will not learn these advanced skills overnight but you are prepared for the journey towards becoming a ‘master’ at your chosen expertise.

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
..always amazed at the timeliness of your Card for the Day ,...as it relates to my own Life @liblue1 :)
It is at once sort of a pat on the back for hard work ...and a motivation to keep on keepin' on ...ty
I am glad they help.....and yes they are.....for my daily card I took a deck of mini Celtic cards and punched holes in them on the top left side.....I use a key ring to hold them together.... I fold over to the top blank card and let my fingers fan them out.....then pinch one and flip the whole thing over and look at that card.....I flip open to it and place it on top.....when I place it down on my altar box today's card sits up on top of the deck so I can see it across the room.....I had these in my purse at one point in time and carried them with me always....since I don't go out often I stopped doing that.....
At the end of the month I look back to see if there were many repeats.....that's important to me and means that something wasn't taken care of......and to take notice.....I also look to see how many court cards were there....last month there were too many to count...and that means I need to pay attention & change something....
I used to have a chart where I wrote down every reading and could look at months & the whole year and see if there was a repeating card that I need to pay close attention to....I stopped doing that in 2012 so I don't have the last couple years tallied (but I could if I wanted to)...
FYI I always ask the same question for my daily card...."What's up around me today?" so that might explain why they apply to you also..........

Last edited:

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
My card for the day is the 8 of cups.........another one of those cards I don't like to get often....it asks me to look at what I have and change if needed...the definition I like with it is to "balance your books and see if what you are putting out there matches what you wanted for the outcome, it might be time to stop & walk away".....that's a hard one for me because I am the type who want's to make everything work...the fixer/the manager.....so it's hard to walk away for a tough situation...just because it's rough going at this time......
e69b5829699363217f370e6f875b969b.jpg
f823c30d87573184498b78e8cb867551.jpg
7b18ecbc74aef93dec898334717f0376.jpg

The Eight of Cups indicates that it is time to ask yourself what you can do to bring a deeper satisfaction and joy to your life beyond the obvious pursuit of material satisfaction and/or physical enjoyment. You are seeking deeper meaning to life and focusing in on your personal truth. You want to escape from the ‘rat race’ and pursue deeper, more spiritual goals at this time. You are willing to let go of your material possessions in favour of something more meaningful. Thus, the Eight of Cups is often reflective of the start of a journey of discovery, particularly on a spiritual level.

The Eight of Cups also indicates that you are disappointed enough to walk away from everything you have built up so far. It could indicate a disappointment in love or dissatisfaction with material success. It could also indicate that you have over-extended yourself to the point of emotional exhaustion. Even though you have already come so far, you feel that you can no longer go on and your only choice is to walk away from the situation. You feel disappointed with yourself but you know that this is the right thing to do before you completely burn out. You may also be feeling that you are giving too much and not getting nearly enough in exchange.

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
...still hitting close to the heart there, @liblue1 :eek:
(almost feels like a game of 20 Q's ...."you're getting REALLY really warm...you're on fire now !" :p
I am glad they help.........it's the same question but a new day..............

Reactions: tiggerrts

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
And having 2 8's in a row also means something......I need to pay attention to the number 8 or the eighth of something....
since Sunday was the first day of the week....that's 2 this week...and today is the 8th.....so it might be a lucky day...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread