RDA Velocity RDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

MintyDripper

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2015
I like mine even more now than I am using the slotted grub screws I ordered from Avid. No more damn hex keys, yay!
Yea, i can actually barelt use mine.. my hex screws stripped the first week i had it.. Just to let everyone know, If you buy the clone off ebay in a black box with the Green Velocity logo on the front, the hex's are garbage.. the rest of the thing is solid and a great rda, but the hex screws are way to soft. I tried finding replacements, but the ones i ordered are just a bit to big, they fit my mini freak tho so it wasnt a total loss.

Hans Wermhat

Vaping Master
Jun 9, 2015
Texas
velocity 1.jpg

I put a dual vertical 14 wrap 24G N80 build in mine, .49 ohms. It hits like a truck at 80W.

MintyDripper

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2015
I have come to the conclusion that I need a bigger mod, so I can play with mine more. My poor little D2 is not ready for some of these builds. Lol

sent using Tapatalk
I think i just came to the same conclusion..Just built a dual 22g kanth 3mm 8wrap coming in at .23ohms..and my Istick 100w couldnt even handle it.. drained full batteries in less then like 20 puffs.. things supposed to be able to fire down to .15 but no way, couldnt ever do that. i've tried to build below .2 and it just buzzes at me at 90 watts and when i crank it two 100w its like i'm only vaping at 40w... not good at all lol. Aparently it can only handle 24g above .2ohms. Maybe i just need stronger batts for it or something. anyway, swapped it out for dual 24g 2.4mm 8wraps at .3ohms Vapes like a dreeeam.

Tol

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2011
NY
Yeah I have almost the same build except 3mm. I have to run in TC mode because the D2 has no stepdown in power mode. It would only fire at 58 watts on a full battery which is the end of what I feel comfortable running on a single 20 amp. So I run at 45-50 joules which works fine but kills my battery quick. Thinking of grabbing a cuboid so I can run bigger builds safely. Most twisted or parallel builds are too much unless I go with much smaller wire which I hate to work with.

sent using Tapatalk

MintyDripper

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2015
Yeah I have almost the same build except 3mm. I have to run in TC mode because the D2 has no stepdown in power mode. It would only fire at 58 watts on a full battery which is the end of what I feel comfortable running on a single 20 amp. So I run at 45-50 joules which works fine but kills my battery quick. Thinking of grabbing a cuboid so I can run bigger builds safely. Most twisted or parallel builds are too much unless I go with much smaller wire which I hate to work with.

sent using Tapatalk
I'll be ordering an Rx200 soon, heard great things about it. 200w with Tc also. Triple 18650's so it can handle almost anything. and for $40 you cant beat it, Well $70 with the batteries but still a great price for a 200w mod with TC that ACTUALLY works lol, and you can update its firmware via Usb.

vlodato

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
New Jersey
Nice! i've tried to do the same thing but cant ever get the legs to bend right lol hows the vape with that setup? What Gauge/ohms
Vape is very good. It's .4 titanium (26g I think). 8 wraps .37ohms @400°\50w

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Reactions: MintyDripper

Tol

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2011
NY
I'll be ordering an Rx200 soon, heard great things about it. 200w with Tc also. Triple 18650's so it can handle almost anything. and for $40 you cant beat it, Well $70 with the batteries but still a great price for a 200w mod with TC that ACTUALLY works lol, and you can update its firmware via Usb.
Probably gonna try a cuboid myself, so I can get into more twisted and claptons on the velocity. No plans on going too far past 100 watts though.

sent using Tapatalk

KGB7

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
Rockville, MD
My RTAs have been a challenge to wick so they don't leak, but this RDA is a noobs dream. And i am an RDA noob.

Second rewick with 50% more Rayon wick and it vapes flawlessly.

I have AFC open at 10%(two side slots) and there is enough airflow to breath under water, while using a drip tip from a Serpent RTA.

rayon 50% more.jpg

Last edited:

gadgetkeith

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2015
Heber Srings Arkansas
just seen this thread
I got myself some clapton wire the other week and thought i would build this for kicks and giggles to try out on my DNA200
in my tobeco clone
26-32 Claptons 9 wrap 3.5 mm id 0.75 ohm wicked.jpg

its dual 26-32 claptons 9 wraps 3.5 mm id 0.75 ohms
was a bit of a beast for me vapes great anywhere between 70-100 watts, had a couple of quick pulls @ 160 watts and it was just too hot for me for more than a couple of quick fast pulls, 85 watts was nice for my juice and temp .
Had to open the window after a couple of fills to clear the room WOW it chucks like a train.
I want the mini velocity next because i hear the smaller size is better for flavor .

LPearce7

Apr 16, 2015
Dothan, AL
I've had the authentic Velocity for a little over 6 months now. I love my vertical Zipper builds (dual 30g Zipper, 6 wrap, 2.5m ID). This RDA makes it so easy to install vertical and horizontal builds. It's also really easy to adjust the airflow.

However, it doesn't even rank in my top 10 favorite RDAs for flavor. I've tried at least a dozen different e liquids on it and not one had great flavor. When I have the same e liquid on one of my favorite RDAs (Zenith 2.5, Plume Veil 2.5, Aeolus Lite, Kennedy 22, Tugboat v2) and my Velocity, it's amazing how bad the flavor is on the Velocity. I don't know why the flavor is so muted, or why so many people say it's the best RDA for flavor. It is NOT. I still use it every day, just with a liquid that has a really intense flavor (Jelly by Twonk at present).

I'm really hoping they release a V2 that addresses the flavor issue. If my current Velocity broke, I would not pay $120 for another. Although I don't think I would even have the option, as they seem to always be sold out.

Tol

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2011
NY
I've had the authentic Velocity for a little over 6 months now. I love my vertical Zipper builds (dual 30g Zipper, 6 wrap, 2.5m ID). This RDA makes it so easy to install vertical and horizontal builds. It's also really easy to adjust the airflow.

However, it doesn't even rank in my top 10 favorite RDAs for flavor. I've tried at least a dozen different e liquids on it and not one had great flavor. When I have the same e liquid on one of my favorite RDAs (Zenith 2.5, Plume Veil 2.5, Aeolus Lite, Kennedy 22, Tugboat v2) and my Velocity, it's amazing how bad the flavor is on the Velocity. I don't know why the flavor is so muted, or why so many people say it's the best RDA for flavor. It is NOT. I still use it every day, just with a liquid that has a really intense flavor (Jelly by Twonk at present).

I'm really hoping they release a V2 that addresses the flavor issue. If my current Velocity broke, I would not pay $120 for another. Although I don't think I would even have the option, as they seem to always be sold out.

I get great flavor from my velocity. Is it the BEST RDA for flavor? No it is not. I don't think it is "bad" flavor by any means though. The main draw for the velocity is that it is super easy to build on with a lot of versatility. I have a Marquis as well and although the flavor is nicer on it, I still prefer my Velocity for the ease of building, more AFC, and it doesn't get nearly as hot. Aeolus Lite is next on my list to try.
If you really like the build deck on the Velocity, you could try the Mini. I don't have one myself but a lot of people say it does produce better flavor than the full size velocity because of the smaller chamber.

MintyDripper

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2015
just seen this thread
I got myself some clapton wire the other week and thought i would build this for kicks and giggles to try out on my DNA200
in my tobeco clone View attachment 528856
its dual 26-32 claptons 9 wraps 3.5 mm id 0.75 ohms
was a bit of a beast for me vapes great anywhere between 70-100 watts, had a couple of quick pulls @ 160 watts and it was just too hot for me for more than a couple of quick fast pulls, 85 watts was nice for my juice and temp .
Had to open the window after a couple of fills to clear the room WOW it chucks like a train.
I want the mini velocity next because i hear the smaller size is better for flavor .
Diggin the setups! You guys should post your builds over on my thread Pics, Tips And Tricks? Mods and Rdas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread