Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 6)

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Hopefully you had a "Good Irish Wake", the kind where everyone cheers each other up with spirits and tales of yore. That sort of thing seems to help...
When we were making all the arrangements, we were told to bring in pictures of her. Those would be shown on tv screens after the scripture service and during the catered luncheon. I gave them over 100 pictures and they put a DVD together that they showed right after the Deacon was done. I'm glad I picked the pictures I chose. It showed her from the time before Dad and all through the years. No chronological order.

When first trying to gather pictures, daughter and I were only going for those that showed her in the best way. After a while we were like... There are none without a cig in her hand. So we went for the ones that showed her personality. There was laghter and tears while that was playing. She loved laughing and had a wicked sense of humor. Quite mischievous at times. ;)

Since El Paso seems to be the place a lot of military retire to, quite a few people remembered me from when I was little. Some I remembered, some I didn't. Some I finally got to have a face to place with names I had heard throughout the years.

It was good

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
Mornin All... :)

its Mardi gras down here and as of Friday about noon the French Quarter is primarily pedestrians only mode of travel. Most of the streets are either shut down or blocked off around the parade routes... makes delivering a real pain... good thing I have signs on the car or I wouldnt even be able to get close to where I need to go. And parking is just an idea... it aint gonna happen... :(

raitizz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Riga, Latvia
Good Morning Army. How does Raitizz order pre-steeped juices ? :confused:
JK, International mails can be unpredictable. Atlanta is only maybe 200 miles or so from here, so HHV has always been 2 or 3 days for me. Bronze knows about this...
Shadow... used to be my favorite. Maybe I am just into stronger flavors now.
Scot, Bronze has already asked you twice, How is Gary ?

Enjoy the Weekend, and Have a Safe and Blessed Day :)
The perks of international shipping.

Good afternoon, folks.

R

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
th

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
Robin, your description of your Erika's service was lovely and bittersweet. I love that you chose photos that showed her personality! Those photo videos are healing and cathartic.

Hang in there. Your grieving process will take time (as you know) and getting back to normal will help. Big hugs.

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
I am so ready to have a bit of 'normal' for a while. :)

Are you sure this is the right place to look for 'normal' ?
What is Normal ? How is Normal defined ? Is Normal a subjective concept ?

I know ! We'll ask BK ! HEY BK - What is this Normal that Robin refers to ?

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Are you sure this is the right place to look for 'normal' ?
What is Normal ? How is Normal defined ? Is Normal a subjective concept ?

I know ! We'll ask BK ! HEY BK - What is this Normal that Robin refers to ?
Seeing as how ECF has been a big part of my life for over 3 years...daily...it sure seems pretty 'normal' to me :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Seeing as how I am nowhere near the chef our Dusty_D is;
Longhorn's carry-out - two orders of baby back ribs w/ fries and salads for now.
DiGiorno pizzas for the game.
Super Sunday is for getting fat(ter), right ?
You know it!

Users who are viewing this thread