Status
Not open for further replies.

FringeChief68

Kingsguard
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa, USA
Everything was working great until I did the microsoft update, I started over again. :(

KAS
:?:

hqdefault.jpg

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
The problem is that I didn't upgrade - for more than 10 years.
So my data is incompatible with the newer version and I have to do a couple retroactive upgrades to convert it, then convert it again - and it falls apart between 2004 and 2016, though it's not supposed to...

I've not used this software, but I have found that after upgrading a number of time, sometimes it's just better to get a fresh copy of the newest version. I'm thinking you could save your data into a file to import back into the new version later.

Reactions: AstroTurf

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA

That was the last straw, while I was waiting for it to restore, I hooked up my 24" DVI monitor and I have had no more problems. I boxed the new one back up and submitted a request to return it, that monitor was $380.00, that I now will not have to pay for. :)

KAS

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
That was the last straw, while I was waiting for it to restore, I hooked up my 24" DVI monitor and I have had no more problems. I boxed the new one back up and submitted a request to return it, that monitor was $380.00, that I now will not have to pay for. :)

KAS
That's almost enough to buy another Flipper!!!

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
That's almost enough to buy another Flipper!!!

Well maybe about half of one, but there most likely will not be anymore Flippers. Last years run he said was the last one, the ones from this batch were 10 that were unfinished from last years batch. I think I was very lucky to get one, seeing that there were only 10 for sale. :)

KAS

AstroTurf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Well maybe about half of one, but there most likely will not be anymore Flippers. Last years run he said was the last one, the ones from this batch were 10 that were unfinished from last years batch. I think I was very lucky to get one, seeing that there were only 10 for sale. :)

KAS
Yes you were!!!

Congrats on that Beaut!!!

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada

He died far too young. If he was still alive, I can only imagine what cool stuff he would be doing today.

I went to his grave on my honeymoon in 1995. Pretty cool experience even though it is in the absolute middle of nowhere in rural Jamaica!

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
I am happy to say that now that I quit trying to use that monitor, all the problems I was having are gone. I now have it up and running, and I have started setting it up the way I want it. It is going to take a while though, I had a lot of stuff on the old PC, some that I need, and some that I don't. :)

KAS

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
This PB vid is really worth watching! :thumbs:

Scroll forward to 5:22. Phil does seem distracted and even mentions that he is over loaded with stuff, but the really interesting thing is the upcoming documentary that he discusses in the latter half of this vid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread