RDA Round-Table Discussion and Lookout

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
I loved the vector, just not the airflow directly on my lips sometimes and the large bore tip. I've been thinking of getting the comp cap that redirects the airflow to the sides of the top and allows you to use your own tip.
That was a big issue for me as well. Also a problem with the Hastur. The Aeolus (and Manta) didn't have that problem but I couldn't get the flavor out of it that you and others do. I may have to pick up a Lite down the road since they're so cheap and give it another go. Plus they come in green which is a plus.

Uncletattoowhat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2014
Poquoson, VA
That was a big issue for me as well. Also a problem with the Hastur. The Aeolus (and Manta) didn't have that problem but I couldn't get the flavor out of it that you and others do. I may have to pick up a Lite down the road since they're so cheap and give it another go. Plus they come in green which is a plus.
Honestly the only builds I get any flavor out of anymore are Claptons and fused Claptons. A drill and some patience and the warm dense vapor that no basic coil can give me. I'm even close to saying that the basic coils I threw in this Nobunaga earlier might get switched out with some Claptons.

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
Honestly the only builds I get any flavor out of anymore are Claptons and fused Claptons. A drill and some patience and the warm dense vapor that no basic coil can give me. I'm even close to saying that the basic coils I threw in this Nobunaga earlier might get switched out with some Claptons.
I've been using Claptons in all my attys as well but only because Lightning Vapes started putting out pre-made Clapton wire. I'm too lazy to do it myself LOL

Uncletattoowhat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2014
Poquoson, VA
I've been using Claptons in all my attys as well but only because Lightning Vapes started putting out pre-made Clapton wire. I'm too lazy to do it myself LOL
I'm lazy too but now that I've got it down, 5 min and some nichrome and high gauge SS and I'm a happy camper. Plus I save all my old ones if I need one in a pinch.

Smellybelly

Sep 29, 2015
I loved the vector, just not the airflow directly on my lips sometimes and the large bore tip. I've been thinking of getting the comp cap that redirects the airflow to the sides of the top and allows you to use your own tip.
the comp cap is a must. I kinda think it's stupid that they didn't throw it in there or just make it the original design. I have kind of fallen out with my vector as of late, not because it is lacking, I have just been trying other things. The best performance I ever got out of my vector was with dual 24g/.5 ribbon fused clapton nichrome builds. And close the air off a little bit.

Uncletattoowhat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2014
Poquoson, VA
This looks interesting. Nice to see that Cartel is still around.
455EA1A7-CA04-4C6A-87C1-2889EC96C37F.png

HeiSINberg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2013
Groveville, NJ
This looks interesting. Nice to see that Cartel is still around.
455EA1A7-CA04-4C6A-87C1-2889EC96C37F.png
Yeah, hope it's nothing like there cascata rda. That thing was a huge turd. That and who I bought it off of never told me the one screw was stripped, so basically it only took single coils, if you could even build the damn thing that is. Was a beautiful piece though I'll admit that.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

HeiSINberg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2013
Groveville, NJ
I've been wanting to buy some from them. Which do you recommend? Maybe one single core and one fused core? I'm not sure whether I want the nichrome or kanthal....hmmm.

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
I've been wanting to buy some from them. Which do you recommend? Maybe one single core and one fused core? I'm not sure whether I want the nichrome or kanthal....hmmm.

I've only used the 36/26 single core kanthal.

Last edited:

Uncletattoowhat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2014
Poquoson, VA

I recommend nichrome fused if you have a mod capable of firing down to 0.1. As you've seen me post 100x, those are my go to coils.

Reactions: Mr.Mann

inspects

Squonkamaniac
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2014
Arizona, Ecuador
I finally coiled that BoSun today. First thing a grub screw striped right off the bat, must be aluminum or something close, hell I wasn't even reefing on it and it rounded off, unbelievable...!

The airflow is something to be desired. Push down on the drip tip and the top airflow collapses into the atty, piss poor o-rings and design.

Another one for the pile of "won't be using again" atty's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread