WISMEC Reuleaux RX200 TC

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    As far as the higher resistance being better for TC... It's true that the mod will be able to calculate temp easier/better, BUT keep in mind that the build still has to be good anyway.

Higher # wraps means more mass and is going to take more power/time to heat. Thinner wire can get finicky. And there's of course space limitations.

So a higher base resistance is better all else being equal, but all else is never equal. Finding a balance of trade offs is key. As in all things vaping, really.

I stuffed 12 wraps of NiFe52/48 30AWG on 3mm into a STM this AM. Since it was hand wrapped I needed to compress it a bit with the ceramic tweezers so it would not take up as much space. Nearly a contact coil but not quite.

On my Seg Vmax mini cold it ohms out ~1.3ohms and red hot >3.0ohms. It works well on the Seg in VV mode driven with 4.0V. :)

(my old VV/VW stuff needs +1.2ohms to fire.)

Jim_ MDP

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 24, 2015
    That's pretty wild George.

We don't roll that high for TC as a rule so that kind of rise is unusual to see.
    But the NiFes' (30/52/70) TCRs are right up there between Ti and Ni, and it's dual mode capable like SS, I expect I'll be getting some to try soon. Have to compare the relative res per lengths in various gauges.

I wonder why SS took off as the new popular TC choice first?

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    That's pretty wild George.

We don't roll that high for TC as a rule so that kind of rise is unusual to see.
    But the NiFes' (30/52/70) TCRs are right up there between Ti and Ni, and it's dual mode capable like SS, I expect I'll be getting some to try soon. Have to compare the relative res per lengths in various gauges.

I wonder why SS took off as the new popular TC choice first?

SS is fairly easy to get, many (like the RX200) have a built in mode for some flavor of SS.

The only SS I have in stock is the SS430. I've wound up to 1.9ohm coils with it. Fairly easy to work with however a TCR of 138 while functional (and more than some other SS types) is rather lacking compared to Ti or NiFe.

For the Joytech chip (upper limit of 1.5ohm) I'd have a target build resistance of 0.5-0.7ohms with the idea that there is room for the coils resistance to double before running into the upper limit.

I suppose most of us are looking at the coil rather than the resistance on the screen while "dry burning" so don't notice how high a bright red glowing coils resistance might get. ;)

Jim_ MDP

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 24, 2015
    Well, neither Ni nor Ti are safe to dry burn that hot, so it hasn't been something to watch.

You mention popularity of SS modes... that was my point.
    We've used SS in Ti modes prior to the SS modes being "the new thing", outside of pricier DNA/SXs or mods with TCR Adjust. It's still only just taking off actually.
    Why not NiFe mode? The wire isn't new, is it? Just generally unknown (so far) to vaping.

EPNoob above mentions dry burning. Is there an issue with the nickel content?
    You don't mention if you did, or even intended to, vape that example coil.

Quantum Mech

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 1, 2015
    UK
    Glad you got it to work QM. I couldn't pass it up for that price, besides my DNA200 died so I figured I'd upgrade to an RX200 for my high power device. SXM and ML are still running strong so I'm glad I can rely on them for my vaping pleasure in the mean time.;)

yeah cheers mate :toast:

got another black and a white/green to do the cover swaps :thumb:

Last edited:
    Reactions: burnie71

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2014
    Massachusetts
    anyone else get a delay firing after the RX has sat idle for a bit? i'm using fw 3.0 .... my VTC doesn't seem to behave this way.
    Once in a while, not always. First thing in the morning it always wants to either delay or get a second press. Could be because I'm kinda automatic when a device does not fire. Press button again.

Reactions: nelsonm64

Quantum Mech

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 1, 2015
    UK
    anyone else get a delay firing after the RX has sat idle for a bit? i'm using fw 3.0 .... my VTC doesn't seem to behave this way.

I would not notice, so many mods in service all with tanks on

Have to hit the fire button just to check they have batteries in and powered on before trying to vape

One thing about the Rx , I never have to wonder if that has batteries in :cool:

agadou

Dec 7, 2012
    Calgary
    I'm curious as well since I'm having the same problem. When I press there is a small delay, then no atomizer message and it seems to look at the battery level and fire just fine after. Looks like the mod reboot for some reason.

LarryImpractical

Feb 8, 2016
    Hello all, I've had this hardware version 1 RX200 for about 2 weeks. Updated to 3.00. I am having issues with 316L jumping out of M1 TC mode to watts. It does it on my Goblin Mini as well as my Zephyrus. I've been using the same build on the SS mode & it stays & works fine, 60 watts 450F. Only when using one of the TCR modes. The build is a spaced 7 wrap 2.5mm 316L, .14 ohm. I set M1 TCR to 92. I've tried 88 but same problem. I can make it say "new coil same coil by using a dummy atty set at .05 ohm then screwing in my normal build. I just wanted to try TCR mode but I may have to stay on the default SS TC. Oh yeah, when in TCR mode It doesn't even hit right, constant temp protection regardless of temp.

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 15, 2014
    MD
    Hello all, I've had this hardware version 1 RX200 for about 2 weeks. Updated to 3.00. I am having issues with 316L jumping out of M1 TC mode to watts. It does it on my Goblin Mini as well as my Zephyrus. I've been using the same build on the SS mode & it stays & works fine, 60 watts 450F. Only when using one of the TCR modes. The build is a spaced 7 wrap 2.5mm 316L, .14 ohm. I set M1 TCR to 92. I've tried 88 but same problem. I can make it say "new coil same coil by using a dummy atty set at .05 ohm then screwing in my normal build. I just wanted to try TCR mode but I may have to stay on the default SS TC. Oh yeah, when in TCR mode It doesn't even hit right, constant temp protection regardless of temp.
    Try 110-130 for SS316 on the RX 200.

Daddy

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 25, 2015
    My RX has always had some firing delay or ramp up time, usually just a second or two. Once the coil is hot though it fires with no ramp up.

The DNA200 version has no ramp up time at all. Press the button and go. It acts almost like an unregulated device.

I typically build to .15 to .3 and vape around 150-190 watts depending which build, if that helps.

I also have not noticed a problem with balanced charging with the version 3.0 firmware.

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 15, 2014
    MD
    Thank you! Tried 110 & now it works & staying in M1 TCR mode. I guess those TCR charts I found are just starting points?
    No prob, that has worked well for me with this mod. Yeah, pretty much, depending on the mod you may need to set the TCR higher/lower than the actual TCR of the wire. Then on top of that, especially with SS the actual TCR probably varies a bit between manufacters even if they are both being sold as SS316.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread