Status
Not open for further replies.

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
The SS sleeve, on which the caps thread, has a specific height. If the tube is longer then that of the caps, fully threaded on the sleeve, the tube will push the o rings more, which will make it hard to thread-unthread. The orings are very low in the tube and the caps don't go in the tube a lot, to provide more room for liquid. They don't push the glass a lot, so they don't create any tension on the tube.The caps with the SS sleeve are holding the glass in place This makes the tube last a lot longer and be more protected. We even did drop tests and even throw tests before releasing it. It's one of the most protected glass tanks on the market, especially with the Vortex sleeve :)
Ok sir, you know best.

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts

Thanks. I thought he was saying that Q did a video about the Cage V2 rather than the Sophia 2.
I also was hoping Cage V2 users might chime in with their experiences, positive or negative, before I decided whether to go for a dBase 2 or a Cage 2. Only because, as I mentioned, my last experience with a top fill tank and a Sophia was not particularly outstanding, nothing to do with the Sophia. (And BTW, I have a dBase 1 and a Cage 1, so was mostly looking for input about the version 2.)

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
Last edited:

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
you would think he could afford something better than that...lol!
Not just he, I've noticed every celebrity is in the same boat. All are either with cigalikes or with Ego/Clearo combos. Lack of info I'd believe. I guess they need to become members of ECF asap ;)

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
Not just he, I've noticed every celebrity is in the same boat. All are either with cigalikes or with Ego/Clearo combos. Lack of info I'd believe. I guess they need to become members of ECF asap ;)

As you would say, true dat! lol!

nebulis

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2014
Vienna, Europe
Billie, just a short question about Slim Tank o-rings.

The outer o-rings, do they have to be rubber or can they be silicone? I found these white ones, called "VMQ silicone-rubber" and I thought they would suit the white STRs on my slim tanks nicely.

And another one, probably the billionth time: 9 mm is the inner or outer diameter of the o-rings?

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX

Billie-cig

Unregistered - Closed
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Athens,Greece
www.byLeo.eu
Billie, just a short question about Slim Tank o-rings.

The outer o-rings, do they have to be rubber or can they be silicone? I found these white ones, called "VMQ silicone-rubber" and I thought they would suit the white STRs on my slim tanks nicely.

And another one, probably the billionth time: 9 mm is the inner or outer diameter of the o-rings?
All o rings on the Slim tank are 9 x 1,5mm. You can use whatever orings you like with those diameters :)

Reactions: Krisma

Billie-cig

Unregistered - Closed
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Athens,Greece
www.byLeo.eu
Hi Billie,
When do you expect the Cage V2 to be back in stock?
I hope we make it by the end of the month, but it might be next month. We are making the second batch of Calix v2, because we are almost out

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
I hope we make it by the end of the month, but it might be next month. We are making the second batch of Calix v2, because we are almost out
I'm glad business it good for you folks.
BTW, I tried in your website to request notification via email when it was back in stock but it wouldn't allow me. Not sure if I did it incorrectly or whether you have a bug in there.

Billie-cig

Unregistered - Closed
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Athens,Greece
www.byLeo.eu
I'm glad business it good for you folks.
BTW, I tried in your website to request notification via email when it was back in stock but it wouldn't allow me. Not sure if I did it incorrectly or whether you have a bug in there.
There are some bugs on the site. We are changing hosts (again), because the one we have does not cooperate, but it will take some time :(

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
There are some bugs on the site. We are changing hosts (again), because the one we have does not cooperate, but it will take some time :(
Sorry you're having hosting problems. Not a big deal for me, but for an internet business such as yours it must be frustrating.
As I recall you usually have posted here when items were back in stock, so I'll keep watching, or just get a dBase now.

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
Is there any known remedy in case one cannot close the Sophia (V2), i.e. base and body threading do not want to do what they are supposed to?

It is not the closing-opening of liquid control procedure, it is the basic closing after cleaning and cotton change.
Had that happen once when I dropped it, cross threaded, had to take pliers to it, didn't unscrew it, cocked the base back in thread alignment. Not sure if that is your problem.

nebulis

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2014
Vienna, Europe
Had that happen once when I dropped it, cross threaded, had to take pliers to it, didn't unscrew it, cocked the base back in thread alignment. Not sure if that is your problem.

Base and body are at the moment separate, the problem is that I cannot screw the body on the base ... :(

The problem seems to be the threading in the upper body, not in the base.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread