Do e-cigarettes make it harder to stop smoking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA

Nimaz

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2015
Lets be real! vaping didn't help me to quit cigarettes, I just find it better, tastier, more enjoyable, less painful to my lungs and my wallet than smoking... so I don't need to smoke anymore, period.

Edit just to say: The smoking age is getting to its end now! More and more people are vaping instead because it is simply better. I mean that we like smoking cigarettes but we prefer vaping 95 to 99% more so we don't smoke anymore and we feel so much better. That's pure competition! The tobacco industry and whoever benefits from smokers are loosing ground. The transition sounds so more painful to tobacco related businesses and associates than it is for people who choose vaping instead of smoking that any publication or associated comments denying the obvious facts are becoming overwhelmingly ridiculous.

Last edited:

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
"Smokers who use e-cigarettes have a 28% lower chance of quitting than smokers who don't use them, according to Prof Stanton Glantz, one of the authors."
The Study

obviously is you count smokers who are not even trying to quit.

it just another carefully crafted piece of words.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
BTW - There is an Old Saying...

"If You Don't Like something at the Circus. Don't Yell at the Clowns. Yell at the Ringleader."

The editor of Lancet Respiratory Medicine, Emma Grainger, defends the article too. She says she does not see a problem with the paper and that it has been through the normal peer-review process.

emma.grainger@lancet.com

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
Now wait. There might be something to this. I quit smoking before I
started vaping. As soon as that first battery was charged that was it.
Gave my cigs to a neighbor and then started vaping. There's no correlation
there,right?;)
help the zombie Glantz is eating my brains regards,
Mike

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
In this case the clowns are the ringleaders. ;)

Yeah, you got that Right.

The thing is there will Always be some Slantz out there. Skewing the Data. Printing Up Tripe. And then making Conclusions that Defy Common Sense.

But what Isolates us from these Op-Ed pieces disguised as Science is an Editor with some Integrity. One who says... "No. This is Not Good Science. This is Not Worth Publication. And it would Degrade the Integrity of The Lancet if I did.".

Unfortunately, the Editor in this case was not one of those Editors.

I Don't Blame Slantz for his One Man Road Show of e-Cigarette Lies. People of his Ilk do what they Do. Always have - Always Will.

I Blame the People who have the Gall to publish his "Papers". And then have the Colossal Audacity to actually Defend Slantz's work as having "Scientific Merit".

:facepalm:

Woofer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2014
PA, SK, CA
Yeah, you got that Right.

The thing is there will Always be some Slantz out there. Skewing the Data. Printing Up Tripe. And then making Conclusions that Defy Common Sense.

But what Isolates us from these Op-Ed pieces disguised as Science is an Editor with some Integrity. One who says... "No. This is Not Good Science. This is Not Worth Publication. And it would Degrade the Integrity of The Lancet if I did.".

Unfortunately, the Editor in this case was not one of those Editors.

I Don't Blame Slantz for his One Man Road Show of e-Cigarette Lies. People of his Ilk do what they Do. Always have - Always Will.

I Blame the People who have the Gall to publish his "Papers". And then have the Colossal Audacity to actually Defend Slantz's work as having "Scientific Merit".

:facepalm:

Well stated and I agree.
I feel that way about the University of California, San Francisco.
They harbor and lend credence to this miscreant.

Woofer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2014
PA, SK, CA
original.jpg

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
"Want to Quit Smoking? Studies Suggest Vaping Daily Is Best Way to Kick the Habit for Good"
Want to Quit Smoking? Studies Suggest Vaping Daily Is Best Way to Kick the Habit for Good
This came up before, here. These CNN "ireports" are test runs to see if there's enough support for CNN to want to go with them. When this one first appeared, they were asking people to vote on it, which is how it works. It looks like this one did not make the cut:

About this iReport
Not verified by CNN
Published July 24, 2015

Strange way to do journalism (if it even can be called journalism).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread