Vapocolypse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ablonz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2014
Frozen Tundra, WI Cheesehead
My consumption has been pretty steady well over a year now. I have no desire to reduce it either. I'm good into my 80's now, but will continue to buy more as long as high quality product remains affordable. Even if it remains available indefinitely (which I consider unlikely), I'm quite confident it will end up taxed out the wazoo at some point.

Is that a question? :rolleyes:
I agree on the taxing up the wazoo. Also no, it was not a question, it was a loud thought without punctuation. :oops: I'll fix it for you. ;)

Ablonz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2014
The Gun Control Act of 1968 (GCA) mandated, among other things, that persons “engaged in the business” of dealing in firearms must be licensed by the federal government. (18 U.S.C. § 921(a)(21)(C).) This development made it illegal for an unlicensed person to make a firearm for sale or distribution. (18 U.S.C. § 923.) In addition, the law requires that firearms dealers must perform background checks on prospective purchasers and maintain records of all gun sales. (18 U.S.C § 922(t).)

However, there is nothing in the GCA that prohibits an individual from making a gun for his or her own personal use.

You can legally make and own a flamethrower too.

Know your rights or they will be taken from you.
Well, I know how to make and wick my own coils, make my own juice. Glad my final step is mod making.....Oh, crap nvm still have to learn to make a RBA.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Well, I know how to make and wick my own coils, make my own juice. Glad my final step is mod making.....Oh, crap nvm still have to learn to make a RDA.

Two screws and an insulator, O ring and a top cap. It's pretty basic.
No flux capacitor needed.

The first carto tanks were hand made by users.

Yes, some effort is required, but doesn't all good things in life?

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Well, I know how to make and wick my own coils, make my own juice. Glad my final step is mod making.....Oh, crap nvm still have to learn to make a RDA.
I've got (bottom-fed) RDAs that I've been using for close to two years. I can't think of any any reason why they won't last a lifetime. I'll probably have to replace some o-rings at some point, but I don't see o-rings becoming restricted or prohibitively taxed.

Ablonz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2014
Two screws and an insulator, O ring and a top cap. It's pretty basic.
No flux capacitor needed.

The first carto tanks were hand made by users.

Yes, some effort is required, but doesn't all good things in life?

I've got (bottom-fed) RDAs that I've been using for close to two years. I can't think of any any reason why they won't last a lifetime. I'll probably have to replace some o-rings at some point, but I don't see o-rings becoming restricted or prohibitively taxed.

So, what I gather here would be that I could essentially use my Mutation X v3 for life as long as I just replace gaskets and screw grubs if needed? Just as long as it does not get run over or smashed from a falling building during an earthquake or some sort.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
So, what I gather here would be that I could essentially use my Mutation X v3 for life as long as I just replace gaskets and screw grubs if needed?
I'm not familiar with that particular RDA, but from what I've seen of the ones I am familiar with, I have no plans to be making any from scratch. Absolute worst-case is they'll need some 510 insulators, but I doubt it.

Reactions: Ablonz

Ablonz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2014
No one ever heard of workarounds? ....=illegal. Hookah or water pipe=legal... same thing, different name and use in the eyes of the law.
They are no longer mods or e cigs. They will now be called Portable Aromatherapy Diffusers or PADs for short.....*As I am talking to my wife and she looks at me like I am on something* Hey hun, you should come here and see my new PAD.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
So, what I gather here would be that I could essentially use my Mutation X v3 for life as long as I just replace gaskets and screw grubs if needed? Just as long as it does not get run over or smashed from a falling building during an earthquake or some sort.
Afterthought: "Two is one and one is none."

Ablonz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2014
Last edited:

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
And where would that go? Need to start picking brains for future use. Please no saying, "Where the sun doesn't shine." ;)
After it's cut to length and has a hole drilled in it, it replaces the insulator that keeps your 510 center pin from shorting to the body of the 510.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
And where would that go? Need to start picking brains for future use. Please no saying, "Where the sun doesn't shine." ;)

You can cut, sand and drill to replace the positive insulator in an RDA, if you happen to melt the stock one.
Delrin is soft like plastic. It doesn't take heavy tools to work it.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I do also have a Patriot Clone that I have never used since the Mutation X.... That would be my One. :D
If you really like a particular RDA, you should have at least two of them. That way if something happens to one of them (for example it catches fire and melts o-rings or the insulator) you can use the good one, not just to vape on, but also to size up the parts you need to obtain or fabricate.

Ablonz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2014
You can cut, sand and drill to replace the positive insulator in an RDA, if you happen to melt the stock one.
Delrin is soft like plastic. It doesn't take heavy tools to work it.

If you really like a particular RDA, you should have at least two of them. That way if something happens to one of them (for example it catches fire and melts o-rings or the insulator) you can use the good one, not just to vape on, but also to size up the parts you need to obtain or fabricate.
Okay, on to Mod Making 101 class......Oh, also going to get my 2nd Mutation X v3 tomorrow. Then I should be set. I'll have to show you guys my new PAD then too. Thanks guys!!!:D

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Okay, on to Mod Making 101 class......:D
Minimalist approach:

wmdqLNy.jpg

Stolen from this thread, which you should check for other ideas. :)

jbnuke

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2014
Trenton nj
Ok so lets see.. for the pending vapepocalypse... i need to stock up on flavorings... no wait i can buy that regardless. Wait no i need vg... no i can get that at walmart... oh i need vg... no i can get that at tractor supply... oh yeah i need nicotine... thats it... oh no wait thats a readily available pesticide... ok ok how about the mod... lets see... mech mod= electronic fire starter... vv/vw mod and tank... personal diffuser... ok so what exactly am i scared about?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread