Hi!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shanno36

Feb 7, 2016
I have been vaping for a few years now, I make my own liquid-for my personal use only because I'm loathe to pay the outrageous prices vape stores have. I buy all my liquids, product replacements, parts, etc; online at websites I've used for years and I love it. Recently I went to buyhangsen.com and was sad to see that they were no longer in business. Where was I going to get my concentrate from now??!! After searching through your forums, I found some great recommendations of other sites. So my original question was answered. Thank you! I will definitely use this site if and when other questions arise.

Nimaz

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2015
I'm impressed... You've been vaping for few years now, so I suppose that you choose vaping over smoking for close to that long... If it's the case then accept my congrats! I've been on for less than a year now and ECF folks drove me through my sweet and safe spot to become a pretty independently vaper by DIY ejuices, building my coils and of course, enjoying my vape. So welcome to ECF, and please be kind to share your expertise and your vaping questions. I have a lot to learn from you and to share with you. Again, welcome!

CMaxwell

Unresolved Status
Feb 5, 2016
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

Shanno36

Feb 7, 2016
I'm impressed... You've been vaping for few years now, so I suppose that you choose vaping over smoking for close to that long... If it's the case then accept my congrats! I've been on for less than a year now and ECF folks drove me through my sweet and safe spot to become a pretty independently vaper by DIY ejuices, building my coils and of course, enjoying my vape. So welcome to ECF, and please be kind to share your expertise and your vaping questions. I have a lot to learn from you and to share with you. Again, welcome!

Thank you. I have vaped for about 4 years now. At first, it was an on and off again habit that I would intermingle with smoking cigarettes. I have steadily vaped and made my own liquid for about 2 years now. I am, by no means, a master at this though. I don't mix flavors or anything like that. I try a flavor and if I like it then I buy more of that concentrate.

Reactions: Nimaz

Ablonz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2014
Frozen Tundra, WI Cheesehead
@Shanno36 Hello and Welcome to the forums!!!! Glad to have you here. Any questions, do not hesitate to ask as there are plenty of wonderful people here wiling to help out when we can. I use Electronic Cigarettes | E-Liquids for my Unflavored Nic, Wizard Labs for flavoring and Essential Depot: Sodium Hydroxide, Lye, Potassium Hydroxide, Argan Oil, Shea Butter, Essential Oil, Fragrance Oil, Vegetable Oils, Food Grade for my PG and VG. I can help you if you want to DIY with any flavors. Hope to see you around. No need to use it just to ask questions as you are a seasoned vaper. ;) Happy Vaping!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Shanno36

Shanno36

Feb 7, 2016
@Shanno36 Hello and Welcome to the forums!!!! Glad to have you here. Any questions, do not hesitate to ask as there are plenty of wonderful people here wiling to help out when we can. I use www.myfreedomsmokes.com for my Unflavored Nic, Wizard Labs for flavoring and Essential Depot: Sodium Hydroxide, Lye, Potassium Hydroxide, Argan Oil, Shea Butter, Essential Oil, Fragrance Oil, Vegetable Oils, Food Grade for my PG and VG. I can help you if you want to DIY with any flavors. Hope to see you around. No need to use it just to ask questions as you are a seasoned vaper. ;) Happy Vaping!!!

Thank you! I will definitely check out EssentialDepot. I use MyFreedomSmoke for the nicotine, VG and PG. Its a great site. DiscountVapors has the cheapest price on coils, replacement parts and batteries, that I have found so far and I used BuyHangsen for the concentrate, until they shut down. I wasn't aware that I could make my own PG and VG, so I will have to look into that as well.

Ablonz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2014
Thank you! I will definitely check out EssentialDepot. I use MyFreedomSmoke for the nicotine, VG and PG. Its a great site. DiscountVapors has the cheapest price on coils, replacement parts and batteries, that I have found so far and I used BuyHangsen for the concentrate, until they shut down. I wasn't aware that I could make my own PG and VG, so I will have to look into that as well.
Well, you do not make your own PG or VG. They are separate component of the finalized juice. There are four total components to ejuice. Nicotine is mixed in a pre diluted form ranging from 100%PG based, 75PG/25VG based, 50/50 base, 25/75 base, all the way to 100%VG based. You can buy them from 24 mg strength to 100mg strength. Then you need to dilute them with PG, VG,(no nic) and flavoring if you so chose down to the mg and ratio that you like to vape. I use 24 mg Unflavored most of the time but that is used on a higher ohm coil. I also make 6mg for my sub ohm set up. Flavoring is usually pg based without nicotine. Flavoring could be used from .15% to upwards of 20-30% depending on the persons taste preference. when you mix them all together, you get the final juice that you vape. Hope this helps. Like I said earlier, I have no problems helping you out when it comes to DIY juice. You could save some more money if you so choose and go that route.

Shanno36

Feb 7, 2016
Well, you do not make your own PG or VG. They are separate component of the finalized juice. There are four total components to ejuice. Nicotine is mixed in a pre diluted form ranging from 100%PG based, 75PG/25VG based, 50/50 base, 25/75 base, all the way to 100%VG based. You can buy them from 24 mg strength to 100mg strength. Then you need to dilute them with PG, VG,(no nic) and flavoring if you so chose down to the mg and ratio that you like to vape. I use 24 mg Unflavored most of the time but that is used on a higher ohm coil. I also make 6mg for my sub ohm set up. Flavoring is usually pg based without nicotine. Flavoring could be used from .15% to upwards of 20-30% depending on the persons taste preference. when you mix them all together, you get the final juice that you vape. Hope this helps. Like I said earlier, I have no problems helping you out when it comes to DIY juice. You could save some more money if you so choose and go that route.

I read your response wrong, Ablonz. I do use the PG and VG to make my liquids. I thought you were saying you used the hydrochloric acid, lye, Shea butter, etc to make your own PG/VG but that was just part of the website. Thank goodness because I was a little worried about the lye When my eyes don't function properly and my brain misfires on processing then it's probably time to say 'goodnight'! Thanks for the feedback!

Nimaz

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2015
Thank you. I have vaped for about 4 years now. At first, it was an on and off again habit that I would intermingle with smoking cigarettes. I have steadily vaped and made my own liquid for about 2 years now. I am, by no means, a master at this though. I don't mix flavors or anything like that. I try a flavor and if I like it then I buy more of that concentrate.

I would find anyone claiming to be a DIY ejuice master a bit pretentious. That's a science in progress, and you may be a genius in the making without knowing it... for instance, no one else but me has been vaping my DIY juice so far. Not that don't want to share, just that I have no one to share with around... There is tones of excellent recipes posted on ECF. I seem to have lost the specific links I'm thinking of but I know that you'll find pertinent info around ECF threads by using the upper right search icon or getting feedback by opening a new thread in the DIY section.

Ablonz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2014
I read your response wrong, Ablonz. I do use the PG and VG to make my liquids. I thought you were saying you used the hydrochloric acid, lye, Shea butter, etc to make your own PG/VG but that was just part of the website. Thank goodness because I was a little worried about the lye When my eyes don't function properly and my brain misfires on processing then it's probably time to say 'goodnight'! Thanks for the feedback!
Your welcome! Yeah, that was just part of the link that I copied to post so you can go to their site. They have all that stuff but like mentioned before you only need the PG and VG. Glad you understand what the post read.

Last edited:

Ablonz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2014
I would find anyone claiming to be a DIY ejuice master a bit pretentious. That's a science in progress, and you may be a genius in the making without knowing it... for instance, no one else but me has been vaping my DIY juice so far. Not that don't want to share, just that I have no one to share with around... There is tones of excellent recipes posted on ECF. I seem to have lost the specific links I'm thinking of but I know that you'll find pertinent info around ECF threads by using the upper right search icon or getting feedback by opening a new thread in the DIY section.
I Am a DIY master.... for my own juice of course. ;) Yeah, I only have about 5 people where I live that I make juice for. Two of them said I should market them but I am not one to deal with any hassle from going the legal route to sell. I make juice for my own preference as taste is subjective. If one likes it, Great! If not, more for me. :D

Reactions: Nimaz

Nimaz

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2015
I Am a DIY master.... for my own juice of course. ;) Yeah, I only have about 5 people where I live that I make juice for. Two of them said I should market them but I am not one to deal with any hassle from going the legal route to sell. I make juice for my own preference as taste is subjective. If one likes it, Great! If not, more for me. :D

An ejuice Master or an ejuice Chef? The former sounds good and the latter seems more appropriate because it relates more to the culinary art of taste. Now would you like to be called: "Albonz the ejuice Chef Master" or "Albonz the ejuice Master Chef " . It would sound pretty good.
- "Where do you get your juices"
- "From Albonz, the ejuice Chef Master"
It doesn't hurt to patent your recipes, they may worth a bit in the near future.

Reactions: Ablonz

Ablonz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2014
An ejuice Master or an ejuice Chef? The former sounds good and the latter seems more appropriate because it relates more to the culinary art of taste. Now would you like to be called: "Albonz the ejuice Chef Master" or "Albonz the ejuice Master Chef " . It would sound pretty good.
- "Where do you get your juices"
- "From Albonz, the ejuice Chef Master"
It doesn't hurt to patent your recipes, they may worth a bit in the near future.
First off, it would be Ablonz not Albonz.....;) Not worried cause I know I misspell some wrods. :) I would like "Master Chef" personally. :D Sounds better like Master Chef Ramsay. But, I do get your point on the matter. Yeah, I suppose I could patent the recipe and just get paid to come up with new ones all the time along with royalties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread