Status
Not open for further replies.

Vesuvius

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2010
image.jpg
Anyone else have this issue?
The taste is normal, no burnt taste, vapor is fine, coils running as they should be. I was thinking it was my juice being somewhat dark which has been a Mint Chocolate Chip, 70vg 30pg BUT, why is it just one side??! The only difference in the setup is that side of the cotton is a little more compact against where the cap goes. Maybe not getting as much air flow there??

Reactions: thetrucker

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
Ok, I put a new wick in. This time I cut the right side closer to the coil and so far the cotton has not darkened like before. I think it was just too cramped. Thank you!

When they say the wick is too tight. They mean the wick INSIDE the coil not the stuff hanging on the outside. The cotton on the outside might affect air flow and holding capacity, but is not affecting flow THROUGH the coil, unless they are too short. The amount of material INSIDE the coil is what is rally important.

Reactions: Vesuvius

Ablonz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2014
Frozen Tundra, WI Cheesehead
@Vesuvius Is that the side that faces down when you vape on it?? Sweet juices tend to do that. The juice collects on the sides and gets darker as time goes on and it could run down the side of the cap. If you look inside your cap when you take it off and flip it over, you will notice darker juice condensing on it. Hope that helps.

Vesuvius

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2010
@Vesuvius Is that the side that faces down when you vape on it?? Sweet juices tend to do that. The juice collects on the sides and gets darker as time goes on and it could run down the side of the cap. If you look inside your cap when you take it off and flip it over, you will notice darker juice condensing on it. Hope that helps.
Yes, it does this exactly. Also, it is wicking very well. Nothing has been affected at all. Great vapor, great flavor, great wicking, coils firing good. The juice I am using is 70vg/30pg dark color, so, since nothing is really being affected, I am not really worried about it. It just struck me as odd. I will try rotating the mod to different spots since that side is always down when I Vape.

Reactions: Ablonz

Ablonz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2014
Frozen Tundra, WI Cheesehead
Yes, it does this exactly. Also, it is wicking very well. Nothing has been affected at all. Great vapor, great flavor, great wicking, coils firing good. The juice I am using is 70vg/30pg dark color, so, since nothing is really being affected, I am not really worried about it. It just struck me as odd. I will try rotating the mod to different spots since that side is always down when I Vape.
Yeah, it won't do much except when you change flavor as the older flavor will mix in for a little longer but no harm, no foul. Glad we could figure it out for you. Happy Vaping!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread