Normal juices VS Organic juices ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

obi187

Feb 4, 2016
I know this has probably been debated a million times. As i am fairly new at vaping i have read some nasty articles towards vaping and the bogus studies / reports that have come out. Are people tending to lean more towards organic juices now that have 0 mg of any of the 3 known chemicals.

Or do people not believe the hype of the 'popcorn lung' causing chemicals and vape on anyway?

Some information regarding this matter would be good. I know that it is up to the user and no concrete evidence has come out since it is a fairly new alternative to smoking.

man00ver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2014
Braselton, GA, USA
@obi187, it's not correct to assume that "organic" juices--whatever that means--are diketone-free. Unless independent test results are on offer, they're just as likely to contain diketones as are any other flavored e-liquids. E-liquids using "natural" flavorings may actually be more dangerous for vaping than those with artificial flavorings. After all, inhaling flavorings is not a natural act, therefore the idea that "natural is best" doesn't quite follow.

For MYSELF, I'm not alarmed by the presence of diketones in e-liquid vapor. There's been no demonstrable harm to vapers over a good and growing number of years, and the fervent opposition would certainly publicize such harm widely and loudly if it ever emerged. Hopefully at that point, a rational comparison to harm incurred by the smoking of cigarettes--which incidentally contain much higher levels of some diketones--would ensue...but I wouldn't hold my breath, since the vaping opposition isn't big on rationality. I rest assured that it will be front-page news if vaping ever really damages a vaper.

A part of our community prefers to embrace the precautionary principle, and they advocate the avoidance of any e-liquid that doesn't have published test results. Some others advise avoiding certain flavor profiles--notably custards--that have notoriously high diketone levels, unless they've been tested clean. This is a personal choice, and there are several vendors that provide test results (see thread on this forum topic), so it's easy to make if it matters to you.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Some of us have problems with chemical taste in many artificial flavorings and sweeteners. OIrganics are a viable option. However on the diketones and such ype occur anturally as well but the other chemical ingredients in flavorings and artificial sweetners are not too naturel.
Who is to say other things besides diketones are bad for us?

Me I don't care I love the diketone ridden flavorings. CAP Vanilla Custard V! is yummy.
One of the flavorings I like and can tolerate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread