Provari haters unite!

Status
Not open for further replies.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    I'm such an odd ball...I loved that show! It came on right after Dark Shadows...liked that too.

What's a P3 upgrade?

I forgot about Dark Shadows! I DVR Twilight Zone and Thriller, but haven't looked for DS.

Wouldn't DS be on very late like those shows, not before a cartoon?

Robino1

Resting in Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 7, 2012
    Treasure Coast, Florida
    I forgot about Dark Shadows! I DVR Twilight Zone and Thriller, but haven't looked for DS.

Wouldn't DS be on very late like those shows, not before a cartoon?
    Dark Shadows was considered a 'soap opera' type show. I remember watching it right after I got home from school.....from behind the safety of a chair. LOL

YePsTeR

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 4, 2010
    Northern Michigan
    YeP I even had the game. Barnabas Collins (Jonathan Frid)

dark2.jpg

I'll even give kudos to Johnny...........Depp

dark1.jpg
    dark1.jpg

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 21, 2015
    Toronto, Canada
    After school, it was Dark Shadows and Star Trek for me.
    I don't remember Dark Shadows at all. For me, it was Gilligan's Island and Leave it to Beaver reruns after school. Also Little Rascals. That would have been mid-late 70's.

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    PhiLLy
    Youre all doing this wrong, look at the thread title

You people have enough provari-centric threads with which to nerd out on your shiny plumbing supplies

This is exactly why we cant have decent hate threads on here :cry: :)
    That's because these hate threads always start off evil until the 'Nati arrive. :evil:

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    PhiLLy
    House of Hybrids offers a flat P3 conversion for 45 bucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some here have been successful arranging with Provape for a flat top P# connector on P2.5's. They've been charging $10 for that upgrade, which is about the price of the P2.5 beauty ring. I had it done with a Mini Dragon.

One thing I'm curious about is that Provape apparently did that with Classwife's Gold Zenkote, but someone previously reported here that Provape only does it on the Satin and Polished SS. I guess that means ask Provape before you buy (??)
    Why is Zen charging $35 more than ProVape? Is his P3 top cap somehow different than what ProVape provides?

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2013
    Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
    Why is Zen charging $35 more than ProVape? Is his P3 top cap somehow different than what ProVape provides?
    Zen took on the task of doing the conversion when Provape wasn't really answering our questions regarding it. He invested time and money machining a device to pull the ProVari apart without damaging the finish, however there is always the slight risk something could go wrong or get damaged while doing the modification. Then he has to buy the topcap assembly and rings from Provape, and he alone does the work, pulling the old topcap, cutting and re-soldering the wires onto the new one. Frankly I see it as a bit of an insult to Zen that they are doing it at such an undercut rate, when in the first place they were unwilling, and unresponsive to the several threads posted regarding the subject.

Further, Zen now incorporates an o-ring to secure the board, instead of the glue dots. He feels confident enough in his improved mounting method that one of my units that I acquired from him came with a P3 endcap with the much stronger spring, don't try that cap on a glue mounted V2 ;) I feel Zen offers this service at a pretty reasonable price, all things considered.

Cari

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Beach Dreaming
    It seems as though depending on who you talk to in customer service you get a different response regarding top cap conversion. I sent a 2.5 in for repair and was denied switching the top cap - YMMV. It seems some are unwilling, while others do it for you with no questions asked.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 20, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    I don't remember Dark Shadows at all. For me, it was Gilligan's Island and Leave it to Beaver reruns after school. Also Little Rascals. That would have been mid-late 70's.
    It was somewhere around 1970.

gnees

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 31, 2014
    Zephyrhills Fl.
    Zen took on the task of doing the conversion when Provape wasn't really answering our questions regarding it. He invested time and money machining a device to pull the ProVari apart without damaging the finish, however there is always the slight risk something could go wrong or get damaged while doing the modification. Then he has to buy the topcap assembly and rings from Provape, and he alone does the work, pulling the old topcap, cutting and re-soldering the wires onto the new one. Frankly I see it as a bit of an insult to Zen that they are doing it at such an undercut rate, when in the first place they were unwilling, and unresponsive to the several threads posted regarding the subject.

Further, Zen now incorporates an o-ring to secure the board, instead of the glue dots. He feels confident enough in his improved mounting method that one of my units that I acquired from him came with a P3 endcap with the much stronger spring, don't try that cap on a glue mounted V2 ;) I feel Zen offers this service at a pretty reasonable price, all things considered.
    :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread